Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Our biggest trade chip has become Goligoski :laugh:
The Russo article is confusing. It makes it seem like they want a hockey trade, a shake-up but also flexibility. Not sure how they’re going to get a hockey trade that frees up cap? They’ve had injuries on the backend and could use Goligoski but his cap hit isn’t any lower than Zucker’s.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I’m not sure how their winger depth is but if they just gave up a goal scorer in Niederreiter and are looking at giving up another one in Zucker, they must be looking for cheap production. Maybe they’d consider a package around Merkley + 2nd for Zucker.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Zucker is a prime candidate for a bounce back from whatever then hell is going on with him right now. Seems like his S% is a little lower than his average this year and whoever he's playing with aren't scoring either despite lots of chances. I do wonder if he's too old for Chayka's liking though.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
As far as Minny, I wonder if they're still poking around Dvorak.

Remember the summer talk was Zucker, Niederreiter, and Ennis for Domi and Dvorak.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I would've liked to see Bunting play more leading up to the playoffs, but whatever I guess...wonder if that means a forward coming to us via trade.

Would be extremely happy if it means Dvo is coming back to play though.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Who sez we were looking at the ‘Hawks? ;)
Devils are one of the few sellers. Johansson and Kinkaid are available rentals, and Lovejoy could be had for free probably (not that AZ would want him).

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Tainted product, wasn't big on him in his draft year either. Reports are they want too much anyway.

The Strome/Schmaltz trade is pretty decent evidence Puljujarvi probably should hold some value. Though Puljujarvi has a lot more NHL time, that scares people off.
But like you I was never terribly high on him to begin with.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The Strome/Schmaltz trade is pretty decent evidence Puljujarvi probably should hold some value. Though Puljujarvi has a lot more NHL time, that scares people off.
But like you I was never terribly high on him to begin with.
Oh for sure, I didnt mean to insinuate that he had none, just that reports indicate that they want more than the market to this point is willing to pay. What they are asking for, I have no idea. I'd also take a swing at him at the right price, I just wouldn't go out of my way to bring him into the organization.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't think we're trading for any big names but I will say that the thought of the Coyotes trading for a pure rental from a team only 1 point worse than us is absolutely hysterical. I'll be laughing about this for comfort after our impending 4-1 loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad