Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Don't really see match. Maybe JVR with Philly eating a piece of it? I only say JVR because we had interest in him and Fletcher didn't sign him.
Wow. Good point. Maybe new GM doesn’t like the JvR signing. He’s got no clauses, and if new GM wants some flexibility, he might look to move him. I’d move our second rounder for him. Philly has already paid most of one of the two front-loaded years, so I’d happily do the deal without retention.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Take a look at Flyers stats and try to see a case for trading JVR. He's their 4th highest goal scorer after missing 15 games.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Wow. Good point. Maybe new GM doesn’t like the JvR signing. He’s got no clauses, and if new GM wants some flexibility, he might look to move him. I’d move our second rounder for him. Philly has already paid most of one of the two front-loaded years, so I’d happily do the deal without retention.

I was thinking he got a 7-year deal for some reason. Only 5 actually, so only 4 years left, at 7 mil per. Not too bad. I'd easily do 4x7 for JVR if he were a free agent this summer. A little easier to take on that deal that than 7 years x 9 mil for Stone.

Btw, it seems like the Sens are making a last ditch effort to sign Stone. If he re-signs, that really takes the top name off the list. I assume we have no shot at Panarin. Pretty big drop off after those two. Jeff Skinner will get stupidly overpaid. And how much do we want to commit to a second-tier guy like Eberle, Nyquist, Zuccarrello?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Simmonds? He’s a pure rental but would be someone to provide some jam to our forward group. He won’t command the premium that everyone thought he once would. There are bigger targets out there that will command earlier picks.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I

I could see Bergevin looking at Oesterle and trying to determine if he could play along side Petry. Maybe a guy like Hudon could come in return with a low pick. Hudon definitely needs a change of scenery.

MB is in full 4th line/7th dman grinders mode right now. If we trade we will acquire your most useless grinder for a mere 4th or 5th round pick.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Simmonds? He’s a pure rental but would be someone to provide some jam to our forward group. He won’t command the premium that everyone thought he once would. There are bigger targets out there that will command earlier picks.

I think Philly can get a 1st for Simmonds and I'd be afraid of signing him long term because his body will be gonezo in 3 years.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was thinking he got a 7-year deal for some reason. Only 5 actually, so only 4 years left, at 7 mil per. Not too bad. I'd easily do 4x7 for JVR if he were a free agent this summer. A little easier to take on that deal that than 7 years x 9 mil for Stone.

Btw, it seems like the Sens are making a last ditch effort to sign Stone. If he re-signs, that really takes the top name off the list. I assume we have no shot at Panarin. Pretty big drop off after those two. Jeff Skinner will get stupidly overpaid. And how much do we want to commit to a second-tier guy like Eberle, Nyquist, Zuccarrello?
I’d definitely trade our 2nd for JvR. I’d happily sign Eberle or Nyquist as a UFA. Zuccarello is great, too, but he’s three years older than Eberle and two years older than Nyquist or JvR.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think Philly can get a 1st for Simmonds and I'd be afraid of signing him long term because his body will be gonezo in 3 years.
Only so many 1sts available and with Panarin, Stone, Duchesne, etc also expected to move I don’t see it. Term is an issue yep.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't we are in a position for any rental. Now, if he is willing to sign a contract for next year and beyond, I'm all ears.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Things get interesting too. Say Dvo, Grabner come back soon. Who sits? Do we trade Panik? Do we send Garland down to Tucson?

Keller Dvo Gally
Crouse Step Archie
Grabner Ritchie Vinnie
Panik Cousins Fischer
Garland
Kempe

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I read somewhere that GM's are trying to get away from those long stupid contracts. I would take Stone over JVR. Entering his prime, younger and fits our team better. Sooner or later we have to bite the bullet for a star player whether that player is currently on our team, in a trade or a UFA. Getting a player of Stone's calibre and not giving up any assets is ideal for the Coyotes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think a second rounder would get it done.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Having the present choice I take JVR with his contract over Stone and the length and dollars he is likely to get. I think JVR is the better goal scorer and to me goals are more important than assists. Our chances at either unfortunately are very close to zero.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think you’ll have to ease Dvorak back into the lineup. Hasn’t played in nearly 11 months.

Galchenyuk Cousins Keller
Crouse Stepan Garland
Grabner Richardson Hino
Archibald Dvorak Fischer

Out: Weal Kempe Panik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad