Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I know Montreal has been looking to add vet fourth liners, but we can't really offer anything there.

I still think Armia is a nice buy low candidate. Ex Raanta teammate in Finland too. Curious as to what they'd want for him.

There's nothing else I want on the Montreal roster that they'd be willing to move.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I floated Armia and A third for Weal and Goligoski a while back and moat Hab fans seemed alright with it.

Like him or hate him, he's a vet D who can play 20 minutes a night and gets 35-40 points. Those usually return something solid.

Reactions: Grimes

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I floated Armia and A third for Weal and Goligoski a while back and moat Hab fans seemed alright with it.

Like him or hate him, he's a vet D who can play 20 minutes a night and gets 35-40 points. Those usually return something solid.
I agree, but Goose has term left and the NMC, so he will be hard to move. I think he would be viewed as a 5D now and at $5 mill, too over paid for anyone to want his remaining term.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Probably because people here hate his inconsistency. Good luck finding the very consistent, steady 35-point dman to replace him, I understand.
But I do think we'd survive without him, and I've always been high on Armia. If they do cut ties, they'll get more than people here think. I can't relate to the "dump him for a third" crowd. I just think we need scoring, and he'd be a piece that has trade value where we could make do without him. Also frees up cash for the summer.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Probably because people here hate his inconsistency. Good luck finding the very consistent, steady 35-point dman to replace him, I understand.
But I do think we'd survive without him, and I've always been high on Armia. If they do cut ties, they'll get more than people here think. I can't relate to the "dump him for a third" crowd. I just think we need scoring, and he'd be a piece that has trade value where we could make do without him. Also frees up cash for the summer.

Yep this. I'm warming up to Panik and dont think his trade value is worth what we lose in the player and by staying competitive this season, especially if we can re-sign him on a decent deal. I think Goligoski would get the most back in a trade and it would allow us to spend a little more during the summer. If we don't move him I'm more than happy to keep him because I think he still brings a lot to the team, and in my mind brings more positives than negatives. But if we can get a late 1st, decent third line guy or even a 2nd+ I feel like he can be replaced internally.

KConn for anything works for me too because that signing did not pan out...

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Armia+ 3rd for Goligoski
Panik for a late 2nd or 3rd (Caps, Boston, hell Vegas. Almost anyone can use him).

Replace Panik with Armia long term. Replace Goligoski with a healthy Demers now. Go after Myers or Gardener this offseason.

Or stay put and ditch KConn for a conditional hangout with Biz.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Why are so many of you on the get rid of Goligoski band wagon?

I wouldn't say I'm on the bandwagon to push him out of town, but I've long been concerned have too much $$$ allocated to D given how piss poor our forward group is.
Starting next season we have 24 million allocated solely to the top 6 and that's before figuring out what to do with Oesterle/Lyubushkin or a new #7.

If we can move Goligoski's money and pick up a couple Grabner level players or one higher impact forward I think that will help the forward group a lot more than it hurts the D group.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yeah, probably, but he makes the Yandle-esque mistakes even more often than Goligoski. I think Goligoski is a more complete player and if other things were equal (contract status), I think playoff GM's would prefer him to Gardiner.
I would highly doubt that.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Gardiner will be making more than Goligoski's 5.475 after July 1.
That's another major advantage, you can be rid of him after a playoff run. If you like him pay him as he's better than Goligoski.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That's another major advantage, you can be rid of him after a playoff run. If you like him pay him as he's better than Goligoski.

I'm of the opinion that Goligoski won't be moved until the summer. I think it's too complicated to do now when he still has his NMC.

Reactions: SniperHF

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I
Source is flimsy but intersting nonetheless.

I could see Bergevin looking at Oesterle and trying to determine if he could play along side Petry. Maybe a guy like Hudon could come in return with a low pick. Hudon definitely needs a change of scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->