Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It would be so much better though if he was joining a team that had their **** together.

I dunno. As much as this season falling apart like it is ducks, it's at least a touch exhilarating to think about the potential of adding:

Hughes
Kakko
Makar
Kaut

All on ELCs for 3 years. Literally an entire 2nd line for a combined 3M for the next 3 years. And a Top 4 Defender with #1 upside.

Now realistically we should be thanking the gods emphatically to get even just one of Hughes/Kakko.

But Makar is ours and that is extremely exciting.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Makes you wonder how many rookies they'd be willing to put on the roster. Because if they all show up in camp we could have 4/6 of them knocking on the door.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I dunno. As much as this season falling apart like it is ducks, it's at least a touch exhilarating to think about the potential of adding:

Hughes
Kakko
Makar
Kaut

All on ELCs for 3 years. Literally an entire 2nd line for a combined 3M for the next 3 years. And a Top 4 Defender with #1 upside.

Now realistically we should be thanking the gods emphatically to get even just one of Hughes/Kakko.

But Makar is ours and that is extremely exciting.

Yeah, I'd love that too, but there is no way in hell both us and the Sens are winning the lottery. That would solve a lot of problems though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, I'd love that too, but there is no way in hell both us and the Sens are winning the lottery. That would solve a lot of problems though.

It would solve a tonne of problems

Landy - Mack - Rantanen
Kakko - Hughes - Kaut

That's the best Top 6 in the NHL. Or better yet you could give Soda some real wingers and run a Top 9 that looks like:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Kakko - Soda - Kaut
JTC - Hughes - Kerfoot
Nieto - Kamenev - Calvert

Package Jost++ for a major defensive upgrade.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I have no doubt the Avs FO knows exactly how many games Makar would have to play to be expansion eligible. I also don't think they will be able to resist signing him for the playoffs anyway.
This team won’t make the playoffs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
:dunno: We're in the playoffs right now, and it's a long season to go. The losing won't go on forever.

Bad goal-tending is probably the one thing that can make it go on forever. We've had some bad teams, but even average to good teams with bad goal-tending go straight to the f***in drink.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bad goal-tending is probably the one thing that can make it go on forever. We've had some bad teams, but even average to good teams with bad goal-tending go straight to the ****in drink.
There's no guarantee that that will continue either. Varley was solid tonight, but couldn't get any scoring support. It's just one thing or another with this team lately, but lots of things can happen over the next 35 games.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There's no guarantee that that will continue either. Varley was solid tonight, but couldn't get any scoring support. It's just one thing or another with this team lately, but lots of things can happen over the next 35 games.

Varly was solid until he gave up a goal in the third that was akin to a shot pass from the point. The second one I don't really put on him, but again he was part of the problem instead of the solution.

Hopefully it is a sign that he is regaining form though, and not what I think it was. Which is just him playing better when hes seeing more shots (even if a lot of those shots are easier quality).

I firmly believe the team has to be playing with a defensive mindset, or just like shit in order for him to be good. I don't have any faith in him while they're out playing the other team, and he sees less than 10 shots or so a period. It is just far too much of a pattern for way too long that hes bad in games they dominate the shot clock.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It would be so much better though if he was joining a team that had their **** together.
Parity in the NHL is insane, the Avs are already a bubble team despite having a ton of holes. Once some of those are fixed we will rocket up the standings.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
...if we can patch holes faster than new holes pop up...
What other big issues is this team going to get? Awful goaltending, weak depth, laughable secondary scoring and no top pairing D. We have a magnificent 1st line and not much else, hard to see it getting any worse.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What other big issues is this team going to get? Awful goaltending, weak depth, laughable secondary scoring and no top pairing D. We have a magnificent 1st line and not much else, hard to see it getting any worse.

You never know. When this season started secondary scoring was supposed to be our only problem. While goalie depth & top 4 were supposed to be strengths.

Landy could easily become yet another PWF who fell apart at 30, this season could be MacK n Mikko’s career year, and the summit of MacK’s prime, MacK could ask for a trade in two years if we haven’t made progress, we could get cheap with Barrie and implode our PP because Girard & Makar just never develop that same chemistry with the top unit, etc.

The further out into the future you set your plans, the more variables & uncertainty you introduce.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So Bowers is good again? :DD

Also, I think it goes without saying now since he's already back at BU but he's going to finish his season there. I didn't see the rumour about him signing with the Avs/Eagles but I know there was some talk of him going to the Q.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That first goal was absolutely filthy.

Second one was nice as well cause Bowers did a great job opening himself up to take the pass in stride and get the shot off right away.

Great stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad