Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Only a few more months until we get to see this in an Avs jersey.

Even though AIC is this years version of WJC Denmark as a college programme, you like to see him commandeer a game like that. That hit in particular was freakin' nice to witness and made them run around the zone defencively.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If Avs bring him in this year, do they have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft? If so, it's better to wait until next season even though it stings.

I’ve seen three different reports on how many games he has to play this year to require protection. One said 40 games (Athletic), one said 9 games (BSN), and one said a single game (Hench).

At this point I have no idea but I also think it doesn’t matter because Sakic won’t be able to resist.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I’ve seen three different reports on how many games he has to play this year to require protection. One said 40 games (Athletic), one said 9 games (BSN), and one said a single game (Hench).

At this point I have no idea but I also think it doesn’t matter because Sakic won’t be able to resist.
If there is one GM that can resist it's Sakic...and he will.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Avs bring him in this year, do they have to protect him in the Seattle expansion draft? If so, it's better to wait until next season even though it stings.
He does indeed. If I thought he was the difference between winning a round or two and a 1st round exit then maybe that’s a price you have to pay, but with the Preds or Jets waiting for us, there’s no need to tie our hands on a Makar or Kaut. Bring them in over the summer and aim to start making noise next from next season until the cap forces a reset.

Reactions: avsfan09

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I can see Makar signing an ATO contract with the Eagles once he is done at UMass to finish the season and to prepare him for next year camp.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Aves fans hate it when posters spell names and abbreviations incorrectly.
I see Av's sometimes and it always grinds my gears for some reason.
On a related note, there was a fan here who used to always spell Makar's name "Maker". Damn..it was driving me crazy. "Hanifan" is up there on that list as well.
Any mistake switching up vowels on last names is the worst. Like, pay some damn attention.

Reactions: Balthazar

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Which would make him Protected from an expansion draft, right?

Correct. If he doesn’t play for us at all this season then he is definitely safe.

Where the uncertainty comes in is whether he’d need to play at all this season or if there is a number of games he could play this season before he’d need to be protected.

So if he just doesn’t sign an ELC for this season at all, then he’s definitely safe. No matter how the NHL decides the exact cutoff.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Correct. If he doesn’t play for us at all this season then he is definitely safe.

Where the uncertainty comes in is whether he’d need to play at all this season or if there is a number of games he could play this season before he’d need to be protected.

So if he just doesn’t sign an ELC for this season at all, then he’s definitely safe. No matter how the NHL decides the exact cutoff.
I really think its the right way to go IMO, but would be nice to get a little reading on his NHL capabilities. Just not at the expense of potentially loosing him, I see his floor as something like Girard.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Good news with Makar is the Frozen Four is April 11th-13th.

His season might finish later than the Avs.

Even if they don't make the frozen four, regionals are March 29-31. That's only a week before the Avs regular season ends, they'd have to rush just to get him in a few games at that point. Who knows about playoffs though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
2zolpfk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad