Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Good, another year where this incompetent organization can't ruin Bowers' development is all right in my books.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Good, another year where this incompetent organization can't ruin Bowers' development is all right in my books.

Has he had a good year of development at BU this past season?

What assurances do we have that next year will be an improvement?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm really not too pleased about Bowers' decision whatsoever if that's indeed what it is...I never like a player going back for their third college season. It really opens the door for them to go to UFA...suddenly at the end of that third season just one more year before having a range of options doesn't seem so bad after all. It's not like he had a good year at BU -- I'm not sure what else he'll get out of their program, I'd much rather have seen him come to the AHL. Granted, I definitely didn't want him in the NHL whatsoever next season so at least this would prevent that...but still rather see him in Colorado.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It is way too early to worry about him going UFA. Compher went to college for three seasons and it didn't lead to anything bad.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I know people are fine with Bowers staying, it is the best interest of the player and if he thinks he isn't ready then he isn't ready. But I must admit I don't know if I like that decision. BU is probably the top recruiting school in the nation so they get loads of top end talent, but there were a lot of growing pains this year. And even though they get top players, they're freshmen and we've seen that very few players are able to come in and dominate as we've seen with Eichel, Connor, and Q. Hughes. There's a good chance they face some of those issues next year even though they're getting a more mature Farabee and Bowers.

Morrison has scored the game winner in both of ND’s conference tourney championship games. Also, Cale Morris w/ 48 saves, including a breakaway chance by Dennis Smirnov.
That was a fantastic game, all three of them were very good and noticeable for the right reasons (Morrison, Morris, and Smirnov). That was one of the best games I've seen Smirnov play since late-February, just controlling the game and using his IQ to make plays happen. Furthermore, if I recall correctly - Morrison is no Anders Bjork - but he is one of the most clutch players for the Irish the last couple of seasons'. He lead the team in postseason stats coming into the Big 10 championship game and left with another GWG. Seems like he takes a next step when the games are that crucial for the season.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Bowers doesn't have that kind of skill level to absolutely dominate the NCAA level & be the main catalyst to turning a team's fortune's around. He's just a piece of the puzzle & needs to be surrounded with talent to put up big #s at that level.
If Jost could put up a point per game in his 1 season of college I see no reason why Bowers can't in his 3rd. He's supposed to be a high end 1st round prospect. Outside of just pure skill he should be mature and strong enough to be dominant in his 3rd year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad