Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

The more I watch Kakko the more I want him. He's like Forsberg, Rantanen and Barkov rolled into one.​

He and Hughes are amazing. Whatever teams end up with the #1 and #2 picks in this years draft are getting franchise level players.

Kind of ridiculous that we already have 2 of those guys and stand to have potentially a ~30% chance of another one falling in our lap. And it's not like Landeskog, Girard, and Makar are slouches either. Makar has franchise player upside as well at the NHL level if things go according to plan.

Even with the Avs struggles right now, it's hard not to be ridiculously excited about our future.

Yes, the future does look bright for Avs but you got to be mindful when you use that word "franchise level players". Crosby and Ovie are franchise level players, but are Hughes or Kakko being already compared to a franchise player?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah it's way too early to cry about EP. Not until we know what Makar is capable of in the NHL (which will take a few more years).

Also EP wasn't a concensus top 5 pick, there's a fairly good chance we'd have picked someone else.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If Vancouver would have won that draft years lottery they had Makar also as their number 1 pick. I wonder if the Avs would then taken EP.

Who the f*** cares?

Makar was the right pick and still is today. People put waaaaaaay to much stock in small sample sizes. These kids are 20 years old. We have absolutely no idea who's going to be the best player between the two or between any of the picks from 2017 yet. Makar could be an elite, norris level defender in 3-4 years from now while Pettersson continues to struggle with injuries and doesn't progress any further from where he is now. Just remember RNH in his rookie season put up some 55 points in 60 odd games and essentially never had a better year after that.

Cale Makar is our prospect and he's having a fantastic season in college. That's literally all that matters.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I don't believe the Avs would've selected EP, but who knows. If the draft would've gone Makar, Patrick, Heiskanen, then they prob would've taken Hischier. They were adamant on taking a D that year. So much so that they selected Timmins in the second round as well.

Also, we need to stop talking about Makar being as good as EP. He's not going to touch the hype because he's not a forward. Let's just appreciate how good he actually is. He's going to be great.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Minutemen bounce back, defeat AIC 6-1 on Saturday

39655961433_c05108b11a_k-900x601.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I love all the false narratives about Makar disappearing. I remember when it was said here that he had to be great offensively just to stick in the NHL because he was small. That there was nothing to fall back on if he didn't put up points.

Now he's showing everyone that not only does he compete hard defensively and can he handle himself well physically, he's also got an edge to his game that he shows off every once in a while too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad