2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't know how plugged in he is, either way it doesn't matter since with our RD depth he won't have a place for long. It comes down to where Juulsen and Brook play, if they feel one will be with the Habs then perhaps they bring him back but if they aren't sure they could just let him walk. He's had his best season overall but not sure he's done enough to be back.

Assuming none of them make the Habs, we have Brook, Suzuki, Poehling, Primeau, Teasdale, and hopefully Walford & Tyszka joining Laval. That's insane.

Seems like they won't sign Tyszka, maybe if he doesn't get picked in the draft they will give him an AHL deal but if they are not signing him because of concussions then I assume they wouldn't do that.

I assume they will sign Walford, guess we'll see what happens when his playoffs are over.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't know how plugged in he is, either way it doesn't matter since with our RD depth he won't have a place for long. It comes down to where Juulsen and Brook play, if they feel one will be with the Habs then perhaps they bring him back but if they aren't sure they could just let him walk. He's had his best season overall but not sure he's done enough to be back.

There's a good chance Lernout is healthy scratched tonight. I mean, if you want to develop the guy, you make him play. I don't think we qualify him. He will be 24 next year... Fleury, Brook and Juulsen are passing him on the depth chart on the right side. He lost his spot.

Last edited:

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Didn't we pick Lernout over Point? Anyhow he shouldn't be brought back, he has no NHL potential, no point wasting a contract on him.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Didn't we pick Lernout over Point? Anyhow he shouldn't be brought back, he has no NHL potential, no point wasting a contract on him.

Yeah but add the funny glasses and he is like the 4th Hanson brother. And he could easily play like them.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bergevin looked like he built Laval right then f***ed it all up with having the AHL guys stay up and now they're gone.

Does this guy even know how to build any team ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin looked like he built Laval right then ****ed it all up with having the AHL guys stay up and now they're gone.

Does this guy even know how to build any team ?

Call ups you're referring to?

- Kulak got called up, he earned his spot to stay in the NHL. His play recently has actually gone up a notch.

- Agostino got called up when guys like Byron and Armia were out for weeks. He did well at first. And he did well for a while. But the moment he started to show that he no longer belonged and guys slowly started returning from injuries, he had to be placed on waivers. He was claimed. Thems the breaks.

- Chaput got called up. And he cleared waivers to return to Laval. But he was traded for Jordan Weal soon afterwards. An AHL player for an NHL player who fit right in the Habs' line-up. That is a real good trade.

- Froese and Shlemko for Weise and Folin. Folin > Schlemko. Folin is younger, cheaper, shoots right, and established a spot in the NHL. Schlemko was struggling to make an impact in the AHL. Between Froese and Weise, I'd rather have Froese in the AHL than Weise in the NHL. But alas, that was the deal. Froese was an impending UFA, too.

Other than them, who else got called up and was lost in Laval?

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
one thing you can wonder is why MB didn't do anything to help Laval this year. They could have sent down Hudon or Peca who would have been a major help, they certainly had the space on the 50 and the cap space. If this team had a legit goal scorer all year they easily make the playoffs and if they had 2 legit offensive players like Terry, Agostino, Carr, they would likely be one of the top teams in the league imo.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Whatever they weren't many legit prospects that were being developed on that team. Evans is meh, he is got some skills, but I don't see him as top6 NHL one day and I don't see him fitting in more of a botton6 role either. Fleury maybe could be a 3rd pairing D, we will see. The interesting decision this year was not claiming back Scherbak, in terms of prospects and helping Laval, but I guess it is whatever with insight. Kulak and Mete played well after their stint in Laval which helped MTL, that might be the biggest use we actually got from that Laval team.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
With 3 games to go (after Saturday) do you think there's any chance the Habs send any of the following guys down to Laval for more seasoning:
  • Mete
  • Kotkaniemi
  • Poelhing
  • Peca (would require waivers)
  • Weise (would require waivers)
  • Hudo (would require waivers)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
upload_2019-4-6_10-28-24.png

D3efvGtWkAEDAgV.jpg

Final home game of the season. Work gave me tickets to the game. After watching this team for two years, I will finally get to go watch them live. It's a shame they are decimated by injuries and some of the key players I wanted to watch won't be playing. But it will be fun, nonetheless.​

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
I was at the Laval game last night.

Brook was pretty hesitant until the third period. He carried the puck a few times from his end and looked really good. Was solid in his end. He needs a little more time and needs to gain confidence in the AHL. Other than that dont see anything or anyone worth talking about from that team. McNiven let in a really soft goal to tie game.

Their offence and offensive skills are really bad, they rely on Belzile and he is not good!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Brook was pretty hesitant until the third period. He carried the puck a few times from his end and looked really good. Was solid in his end. He needs a little more time and needs to gain confidence in the AHL. Other than that dont see anything or anyone worth talking about from that team. McNiven let in a really soft goal to tie game.

Their offence and offensive skills are really bad, they rely on Belzile and he is not good!

Evans and Vejdemo are injured.. so literally all they have there now is Brook and Fleury.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With 3 games to go (after Saturday) do you think there's any chance the Habs send any of the following guys down to Laval for more seasoning:
  • Mete
  • Kotkaniemi
  • Poelhing
  • Peca (would require waivers)
  • Weise (would require waivers)
  • Hudo (would require waivers)

maybe Poehling, depending on how he feels, if he's still having any lingering effects from going into the boards. I know he played one game since but that was for a National Championship so they wouldn't risk it just to get in a game or three with Laval. But if he's fine then why not, although I haven't heard if he will play tonight for the Habs or not.

I didn't even watch the game as the lineup they had was a joke outside of Brook and Fleury so better off just watching next year.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Belzile is a great AHL player.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He and Jevpalovs are two players on AHL deals I'd like to see return next year. Grenier had a disappointing season. But he did start playing more as was expected when he was signed (after all, he was an All-Star last season) a little later in the season just before his injury. So if they bring him back, I would be okay.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I wouldn't say great, but he was very good and crushed his career high of 34 pts but he wasn't even a regular in the AHL till 26. I look at guys like Terry, Agostino, Carr, as great AHLers, guys that put up 70-80 ish pts.

He and Jevpalovs are two players on AHL deals I'd like to see return next year. Grenier had a disappointing season. But he did start playing more as was expected when he was signed (after all, he was an All-Star last season) a little later in the season just before his injury. So if they bring him back, I would be okay.

We'll see what Belzile wants to do, at 27 he may opt for decent money in the Euro leagues but if not he would be a welcome addition back. Jevpalovs I could go either way, he's clearly skilled and good PKer but for that skill I thought he would produce more. He'll be 24 next year so another year could be good for him depending on what other moves they make for Laval as we must get some quality vets. I really hoping that Hudon is back and clears waivers, he would be a great add for Laval as I think he could put up 70ish pts in a full season.

Guess it will come down to what players are back and what players they think they will bring in and what players make the Habs.

So if you had say something like the below but not in any real order of lines per say just a way to look at the possible lineup,

Hudon Peca Suzuki
Belzile Evans Weise
Teasdale Vejdemo Alain
Pezzetta Verbeek Waked

Alzner Brook
Ouellet Fleury
Walford Sklenicka

Primeau
McNiven

Now you could send Pezzetta and Verbeek to the ECHL to create a spot for Jevpalovs and someone else. Plus Alain could be on the 4th if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille