2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Last game of the season for Laval:

upload_2019-4-13_13-52-8.png

D4CjEVNW0AAvp8l.jpg

BULLETIN

- McNiven gets the start:

- Karl Alzner a healthy scratch. Bouchard said he wants to reward Ryan Culkin for the final game of the year:

- Phélix Martineau is another addition to the IR. He won't play tonight:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bergevin has to put some effort into helping this Laval franchise become competitive. Our AHL team has sucked during his entire tenure, it’s embarrassing

Reactions: cphabs

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Bergevin has to put some effort into helping this Laval franchise become competitive. Our AHL team has sucked during his entire tenure, it’s embarrassing
Hmm nick suzuki is a good pick up.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I hope the fans in Laval get a chance to see all of our incoming rookies play at the same time. Poehling Suzuki Brooks Primeau etc.

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I feel like Bouchard grew as a coach during this year.
I remember Clément Jodoin mentioning that it was tough to coach in the AHL. The recalls, the injuries, the many players you use in different roles while trying to stay competitive.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It was clean out day in Laval today. Here are some of the tidbits:

Karl Alzner wishes to play in the NHL. He hasn't spoken to Bergevin yet to know what the organization's plans are.

Ouellet says it was an emotional season this year. I enjoyed the challenge in Laval. I did my best and we'll see where that takes me.

Ouellet's priority is to return to the NHL (we'll hear that a lot here). He believes he can play at that level. He'll see what will be offers he will have.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Belzile wants to return for another year in Laval next year. His priority is to be back next year. (I want him back, too).

Grenier is recovering from his fractured jaw. He had high hopes this year and feels he may have put a lot of pressure on himself. He wants to be back next year. (I would pick Belzile over Grenier, but I'd be good to have him back, too).

Grenier spent 11 hours on the operating table to repair his fractured jaw and his 8 missing teeth. Five root canals and a lot of eating through a straw.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McCarron feels they took a step in the right direction with these coaches (I agree). He also changed his outlook on how to approach things (it showed). He loved playing in Laval. He loves Montreal. We'll see what happens.

Audette's ultimate goal is to make the NHL. He would like it to be here in an environment he loves. If not, it'll be elsewhere but I prefer to stay here.

Waked says he is 100% healed from his shoulder injury. The reason he didn't return to the line-up to end the season was because he had a groin injury.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Great news! Juulsen is 100% recovered from his eye injury. If the team made the playoffs, he'd be ready to go. He can't wait for camp (neither can we).

Bouchard admitted that all the recalls and injuries ended up hurting the team. He couldn't really play with his line-up too much since he was limited in players, particularly at the forward position.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Alzner was in a good mood today. He said he enjoyed his time in Laval. But his main goal to play in the NHL, no matter where that is.

McCarron should be 100% recovered from his shoulder surgery in about two months. That would give him time to have a good summer training.

Reactions: montreal

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Best news is that Juulsen is back to 100%. Hope they sign McCarron for another year. Not sure what to do with Alzner- unmovable unless they retain 50% of his contract. Even then, might have to take a small cap dump back in return. Lernout is finished with this org.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Best news is that Juulsen is back to 100%. Hope they sign McCarron for another year. Not sure what to do with Alzner- unmovable unless they retain 50% of his contract. Even then, might have to take a small cap dump back in return. Lernout is finished with this org.

Juulsen being 100% is definitely the best news.

I'm all for bringing McCarron back. He was really good this year. He was quicker on his feet, strong along the boards. And Bouchard really helped him take a step in the right direction.

I liked Audette, as well. But if I had to pick, I'd choose to bring McCarron back.

From the AHL contracted players, I would like to see Belzile and Jevpalovs back. I wouldn't mind having Grenier back, either. I think he's better than what he showed this year. He was an AHL All-Star the year before he joined Laval. He did improve towards the end of the year, though.

They can't go through another big roster turnover again. We know some prospects will join next year. But they need to have elements return. Have a sense of stability.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
UFA's 2019:
-Morgan Adams Moison
-Alex Belzile
-Ryan Culkin
-Alexandre Grenier
-Nikita Jevpalovs
-TJ Melancon

RFA's 2019:
-Daniel Audette