2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
With only 1 regulation loss in the last 10 (6-1-1-2), they are heading to a PO spot. They are 2 points behind the Marlies, who have 2 games in hand. Gotta hope some of Evans, Alzner, McCarron, Juulsen, Schlemko and/or Chaput can come back soon to help.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With only 1 regulation loss in the last 10 (6-1-1-2), they are heading to a PO spot. They are 2 points behind the Marlies, who have 2 games in hand. Gotta hope some of Evans, Alzner, McCarron, Juulsen, Schlemko and/or Chaput can come back soon to help.

There is a chance McCarron is done for the season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tough schedule here over the next 2 weeks, 4 of the next 5 games are against 3 of the top 7 teams in the AHL in goals with 2 huge games against the Marlies on the 1st and 2nd.

If they make the playoffs, which I have been saying all season I think they will due to such an impressive defensive game but that they need some offensive help. Losing McCarron for the season would suck both for Laval's playoff chances and the fact that he was playing his best hockey since that 1st month of his pro career. If he's out the rest of the season then hopefully he can continue to work on his speed/skating and come to camp ready to land a spot on the 4th line.

If you go by pct, Laval is 6th, but only .026 behind the monsters who have been in free fall with just 3 wins in their last 10 games. Next is Utica who have a 7 pt lead but Laval has 3 games in hand. Then you have the Marlies who are 4 pts up with a game in hand as well.

To make the playoffs I think they will need Lindgren back and playing at the top of his game, McNiven coming off likely his best start as a pro certainly helps as he could help spell Lindgren so he doesn't get tired. There's always the chance that he takes off as he was CHL goalie of the year and certainly looks much better then last year but he's never played a long string of games at the pro level so we don't know how he would handle it. I talked about listening to the play by play of their opponents due to my French not being that strong and how one of the games they talked about how high the Habs are on McNiven so if Lindgren isn't back to form due to injury, hopefully McNiven can lead the way as it would be great in terms of assets with the 3 goalies in the farm system (Lindgren, McNiven, Primeau) LaCouvee has been a nice story so far but with such a small sample size it's hard to say what he is just yet.

Getting Juulsen back would help once he shakes the rust off. Hopefully Evans isn't out long term, Audette playing his best hockey kind of replaces McCarron's production but we still need offense as it's mostly been Belzile, Froese, Evans scoring goals (32 between them) and those 3 with Audette and McCarron are the only players on the team with more then 20 points.

Jul 6, 2016
Tough schedule here over the next 2 weeks, 4 of the next 5 games are against 3 of the top 7 teams in the AHL in goals with 2 huge games against the Marlies on the 1st and 2nd.

If they make the playoffs, which I have been saying all season I think they will due to such an impressive defensive game but that they need some offensive help. Losing McCarron for the season would suck both for Laval's playoff chances and the fact that he was playing his best hockey since that 1st month of his pro career. If he's out the rest of the season then hopefully he can continue to work on his speed/skating and come to camp ready to land a spot on the 4th line.

If you go by pct, Laval is 6th, but only .026 behind the monsters who have been in free fall with just 3 wins in their last 10 games. Next is Utica who have a 7 pt lead but Laval has 3 games in hand. Then you have the Marlies who are 4 pts up with a game in hand as well.

To make the playoffs I think they will need Lindgren back and playing at the top of his game, McNiven coming off likely his best start as a pro certainly helps as he could help spell Lindgren so he doesn't get tired. There's always the chance that he takes off as he was CHL goalie of the year and certainly looks much better then last year but he's never played a long string of games at the pro level so we don't know how he would handle it. I talked about listening to the play by play of their opponents due to my French not being that strong and how one of the games they talked about how high the Habs are on McNiven so if Lindgren isn't back to form due to injury, hopefully McNiven can lead the way as it would be great in terms of assets with the 3 goalies in the farm system (Lindgren, McNiven, Primeau) LaCouvee has been a nice story so far but with such a small sample size it's hard to say what he is just yet.

Getting Juulsen back would help once he shakes the rust off. Hopefully Evans isn't out long term, Audette playing his best hockey kind of replaces McCarron's production but we still need offense as it's mostly been Belzile, Froese, Evans scoring goals (32 between them) and those 3 with Audette and McCarron are the only players on the team with more then 20 points.

What's up with Juulsen, McCarron and Lindgren injuries ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What's up with Juulsen, McCarron and Lindgren injuries ?

We don't know yet on McCarron he is going to get a 2nd opinion before going under the knife and being done for the season. Juulsen I haven't heard, Evans got hit hard into the boards, I hope it's not another concussion but he did come back in the game after the hit but then didn't return for the 2nd. Lindgren came back and played 2 games, didn't look very sharp and hasn't played since. Don't know if they were just giving him more time to heal or if he re-injured something and they aren't saying. We'll see who gets the start tonight against one of the highest scoring teams in the AHL.

Jul 6, 2016
We don't know yet on McCarron he is going to get a 2nd opinion before going under the knife and being done for the season. Juulsen I haven't heard, Evans got hit hard into the boards, I hope it's not another concussion but he did come back in the game after the hit but then didn't return for the 2nd. Lindgren came back and played 2 games, didn't look very sharp and hasn't played since. Don't know if they were just giving him more time to heal or if he re-injured something and they aren't saying. We'll see who gets the start tonight against one of the highest scoring teams in the AHL.

I feel bad for McCarron who was starting to look more and more like a potential NHL player, soon, in Montreal or elsewhere.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
lav17_200-150x150.png
spr16_200-150x150.png

DxcyCgFX4AATsgD.png

The game was initially scheduled for 1PM but due to weather, Laval couldn't travel to make it in time for the afternoon, so the game was pushed to 7PM.

They got there just two hours ago. So that may factor into their performance.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McNiven gets the start and LaCouvee will serve as back up. Also, Schlemko returns to the line-up tonight.

Evans and Lindgren both out for tonight's game, but they did travel with the team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DxeQJnoWwAASXuN.jpg

Changes: McNiven starts, Schlemko is in and Moravcik is out. Also, Waked is rewarded for his strong play lately and is put on the second line. Grenier is put on the third instead.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Man, does Verbeek have wheels. He was able to beat the Springfield defenseman to the loose puck and lowered his shoulder to go straight to the net, but he lose control of the puck.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval does not look like a team that traveled all day today. A lot of energy. Belzile just draws another PP.

Fatigue may factor in at some point. But they're looking good so far.

They're not playing until Friday again in Lehigh Valley. They will travel there after the game apparently and will rest until then. So the mantra may be to give everything they got tonight and rest for the next few days.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Some 4-on-3 for Laval coming up. Jevpalovs and Farnham (remember him?) to the box.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong, it's still 5-on-4.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alain called for high-sticking. But some contesting as it was in a shooting motion. Still waiting for the verdict.

Edit: It's a penalty.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good kill by Laval. Springfield has the best PP in the league. And T-Birds get called for penalty, cancelling their PP.

On top of the Intererence call, refs add another 2 minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. So Laval will have the PP once the 4-on-4 is finished at the start of the 2nd period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dxee6GjWkAAbDYX.jpg

Good period by Laval. Fleury scores his 4th of the season.

Penalties did ruin some of the momentum of the game. 8 penalties were given in the period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->