2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I think he will get a 1-way deal with Montreal next year. The reason I say this is because he accepted a 2-way deal this year. And if they want to entice him to stay with the strong possibility he is sent to Laval again next year, they need to make it worth it for him financially, as well.

What could work in Habs' favor in all this is that Detroit will still pay him next year after buying him out. And they will pay him more than this year, too. 167K this year and 217K next year. So he may accept less money to stay.

He's been real good for Laval and I would like it if he returns there.
The guy needs to realize his NHL future is non existant after not being able to remain with two of the teams that have bad d corps in both Montreal and Detroit. He is good for Laval and if he is willing,. I would give him an AHL contract for NHL money . It costs nothing against the cap and frees a spot on the 50 man roster. He gets good money and can be with his family instead of the middle of nowhere if another team he signs with demotes him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The guy needs to realize his NHL future is non existant after not being able to remain with two of the teams that have bad d corps in both Montreal and Detroit. He is good for Laval and if he is willing,. I would give him an AHL contract for NHL money . It costs nothing against the cap and frees a spot on the 50 man roster. He gets good money and can be with his family instead of the middle of nowhere if another team he signs with demotes him.

He won't accept an AHL contract. He wants to make sure that he has a chance to play in the NHL again. Even if he doesn't, he wants to know he has that opportunity. So if Montreal wants to keep him for Laval, it would be an NHL deal. And it would have to be a one-way. So he makes the same money in NHL or AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

that seems like a good idea, and with Alzner there and if they bring back Lernout, it's not like they will need another vet if he refuses. The big question would be if Brook is there or not as Brook and Fleury would be good for the PP but they will need 2 more. Tyszka if there but now I'm assuming he's not signed after what Grant said. They could go with 4 forwards though.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
He won't accept an AHL contract. He wants to make sure that he has a chance to play in the NHL again. Even if he doesn't, he wants to know he has that opportunity. So if Montreal wants to keep him for Laval, it would be an NHL deal. And it would have to be a one-way. So he makes the same money in NHL or AHL.

That ship has sailed long ago, no team will give him a 1 way NHL contract. If he prefers living in Lehigh Valley, Grand Rapids or Hershey and playing for 100K, more power to him. At this stage a guaranteed 750k or 1M , living with your family and friends in Laval might seem a better option for him, and remain Captain of the team. If he does a good job with the kids on D it could open the door to coaching and player development jobs down the road as well. With all the kids coming in, if he ever touches the ice in Montreal, even on a 1 way contract, it would be a miracle.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That ship has sailed long ago, no team will give him a 1 way NHL contract. If he prefers living in Lehigh Valley, Grand Rapids or Hershey and playing for 100K, more power to him. At this stage a guaranteed 750k or 1M , living with your family and friends in Laval might seem a better option for him, and remain Captain of the team. If he does a good job with the kids on D it could open the door to coaching and player development jobs down the road as well. With all the kids coming in, if he ever touches the ice in Montreal, even on a 1 way contract, it would be a miracle.

I like how you decide that he prefers to stay here to be in the AHL than to go somewhere else and be in the NHL. And I like how you also drew up his post-playing career, as well. :laugh:

By the way, it's not about him playing in Montreal, specifically. It's an NHL contract that gives him the opportunity to play in the NHL if he's ever traded.

IF he accept an AHL deal, then that would be a huge win for the organization.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I like how you decide that he prefers to stay here to be in the AHL than to go somewhere else and be in the NHL. And I like how you also drew up his post-playing career, as well. :laugh:

By the way, it's not about him playing in Montreal, specifically. It's an NHL contract that gives him the opportunity to play in the NHL if he's ever traded.

IF he accept an AHL deal, then that would be a huge win for the organization.

I sorta agree with you that anyone would prefer to play in the NHL. But you can convince anyone with money. Ouellet isn't making more than $1M a year, even if he's playing in Detroit, Arizona, Buffalo or Ottawa. Nobody will offer him that on a 1-way. So the poster said to offer him $1M to play in Laval, which kinda makes sense for Ouellet.

Sure, it's not the NHL, but $1M to captain a team from your hometown, stay with family and friends all year? That sounds great.

Sure, he'd like to play in the NHL, but it's a long shot for him at this point.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
that seems like a good idea, and with Alzner there and if they bring back Lernout, it's not like they will need another vet if he refuses. The big question would be if Brook is there or not as Brook and Fleury would be good for the PP but they will need 2 more. Tyszka if there but now I'm assuming he's not signed after what Grant said. They could go with 4 forwards though.

Why not give at least a try out to Tyszka??? I don't understand.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I will make more of an effort to go watch the Rocket play next year with the lineup they should be icing
I've only been a few times in the couple of seasons so far, but next year I might get a small package. They're going to be a really fun bunch to watch
Brook, Walford, Suzuki, maybe Poehling, Vejdemo, Evans, Primeau.....money well invested

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why not give at least a try out to Tyszka??? I don't understand.

Neither do I. Reminds me a bit of the Matt Bradley situation. I know he hadn't amounted to much since. But again the time, it was hard to understand why they wouldn't at the least offer him a deal. I guess the staff that follows the prospects after they're drafted may have seen things they don't like?

After his concussion at the Rookie Showdown, he stayed in Montreal to continue his recovery with the Habs' medical staff. That indicated to me that Habs wanted to have a direct approach with the kid's recovery.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Like Primeau, Houde was here on an ATO mainly to familiarize himself with the Laval environment.

Bouchard on French radio had mentioned that Houde has to go back to Chicoutimi to finish his school year. That the school allowed him some time off so he can join Laval for a week.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Same as Houde, Struthers would need to return to school. But he may end up staying Friday and Saturday. So maybe he will get a game in (Friday vs. Cleveland and Saturday vs. Hershey).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It's quite the year for Belzile. He's been splitting time between ECHL and AHL the last few years. It's his full year in the AHL. He's signed only for this year. But we can expect him to be extended for Laval next year, too. Even with the incoming prospects, Belzile is good enough to stick around and have a spot. A very skilled player with a lot of hustle and jam.

If Ouellet isn't brought back, I would name Belzile captain. And the good part with him having an AHL contract is that he will be there all year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
upload_2019-4-3_18-45-38.png

D3PKb0oXsAAjV4r.jpg

D3QwQrYWsAIFuLy.jpg

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I like seeing both Fleury and Brook in the Top-4. Finally we will start seeing some of the more interesting prospects playing key roles. With Evans as 1C and (even though he's injured) Vejdemo was 2C.

and next year's gonna be WAY better. Barring a bunch of guys making the Habs which I hope doesn't happen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Don't expect much from Laval tonight. They're playing with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen. Not to mention that forward group is really testing the depth of the minor team. No Vejdemo, no Grenier, no Waked, and no Alain.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval was on the PK but they had two great chances. The second chance, Jevpalovs with the saucer pass to Verbeek, who was hooked on his way to the front of the net. 4-o-4 before Laval goes on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad