2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wrong! Log jam? Drop that bastard in the mix with Brooks, Suzuki, Poehling, and Primeau? That is what we need!

Then Tyszka and Walford will sit in the press box for 75% of the year. Great plan... Let's do a Simon Bourque again!!

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Laval might have the youngest defensive sqad in the AHL next year if Walford and Tyszka sign with their ECL.

Ouellet-Juulsen
Olofsson-Fleury
Walford-Brook
Tyszka-Sklenicka

Does Juulsen start in the NHL next year?
Do they sign Ouellet and Olofsson?
Does Alzner play on the AHL again next season?
What do we do with Lernout?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't recall him getting caught in the third period, the play I was referring to happened in the second.

Found a video of the pinch, it's at about the 3:30 mark, just over 4 minutes left in the second.

no that wasn't it. I wouldn't really call the play you posted as a pinch, he was in his spot and the puck came towards him so he of course went towards it. The play I was talking about was likely with less then 5 minutes left in the game. If you have access to the game I can go back and find the exact spot but I can't post it from my AHL.tv

Reactions: yianik

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Laval might have the youngest defensive sqad in the AHL next year if Walford and Tyszka sign with their ECL.

Ouellet-Juulsen
Olofsson-Fleury
Walford-Brook
Tyszka-Sklenicka

Does Juulsen start in the NHL next year?
Do they sign Ouellet and Olofsson?
Does Alzner play on the AHL again next season?
What do we do with Lernout?

Lamarche is signed for next year too. Juulsen probably makes the Habs full time next year.

I expect something like:

Ouellet - Fleury
Alzner - Brook
Olofsson - Lamarche
Walford, Tyszka, Sklenicka

I gets funkier if Schuldt or any notable UDFA signs (or if Juulsen starts in Laval). In that case, one or all of Walford, Tyszka and Sklenicka might go to ECHL to start the year.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I think Juulsen makes the Habs roster. Olofsson may need sometime getting back into the swing of things but he's a dark horse IMO. He could easily replace the 7th D spot on the Habs.

I don't know if they'll bring Lernout back. I mean he's improved defensively but with new blood coming in it may be time to move on.

I don't think they'll force Ouellet back, let's say he gets an NHL offer elsewhere im sure he'd take it but he's been a good role model thus far for the kids.

Alzner has been a good veteran and should stay down there next year unless he is bought out or traded, which I would assume both are unlikely.

Tyszka and Walford will need to play so it's possible we see them both in the ECHL or at least one at a time.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think Juulsen makes the Habs roster. Olofsson may need sometime getting back into the swing of things but he's a dark horse IMO. He could easily replace the 7th D spot on the Habs.

I don't know if they'll bring Lernout back. I mean he's improved defensively but with new blood coming in it may be time to move on.

I don't think they'll force Ouellet back, let's say he gets an NHL offer elsewhere im sure he'd take it but he's been a good role model thus far for the kids.

Alzner has been a good veteran and should stay down there next year unless he is bought out or traded, which I would assume both are unlikely.

Tyszka and Walford will need to play so it's possible we see them both in the ECHL or at least one at a time.

Ouellet was named the Rocket captain, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's back. I'd be surprised if someone offers him a 1-way deal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ouellet was named the Rocket captain, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's back. I'd be surprised if someone offers him a 1-way deal.

I think he will get a 1-way deal with Montreal next year. The reason I say this is because he accepted a 2-way deal this year. And if they want to entice him to stay with the strong possibility he is sent to Laval again next year, they need to make it worth it for him financially, as well.

What could work in Habs' favor in all this is that Detroit will still pay him next year after buying him out. And they will pay him more than this year, too. 167K this year and 217K next year. So he may accept less money to stay.

He's been real good for Laval and I would like it if he returns there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

John B

Nov 19, 2016

As I mentioned after Chicoutimi was eliminated by Rimouski, I can see Houde brought in on an ATO to finish the year with Laval. Along with Houde, Laval also brings in Matthew Struthers, who played for North Bay Battalion in the OHL and were eliminated by Niagara.

Matthew Struthers at eliteprospects.com

Matthew Struthers is a left-shooting center. 6'2" and 209 lbs.

This was his third year in the OHL and he had 81 pts (31G, 50A) in 61 GP. He only had 1 assist in 5 playoff games this year.

I didn't know that draft eligible players could sign ATOs. Is it because he's a second year eligible?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Lamarche is signed for next year too. Juulsen probably makes the Habs full time next year.

I expect something like:

Ouellet - Fleury
Alzner - Brook
Olofsson - Lamarche
Walford, Tyszka, Sklenicka

I gets funkier if Schuldt or any notable UDFA signs (or if Juulsen starts in Laval). In that case, one or all of Walford, Tyszka and Sklenicka might go to ECHL to start the year.
yeah, nothing wrong with Walford and Tyszka being in the ECHL for their first pro year

I'm not sure Alzner will still be around, though. The team probably dont mind having him in the AHL but they probably want to do him a favour and ship him somewhere else he can play in the NHL.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Dmitri Sokolov has 30 pts in 57 AHL games. This is the guy on the same team as Pezzetta in the same draft.

Sokolov might never make it because of his skating but he's infinitely more skilled than Pezzetta. I will never understand it
Wait a sec. You're complaining we didn't draft a kid that you think will not make it.

Reactions: ChoseLa

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
yeah, nothing wrong with Walford and Tyszka being in the ECHL for their first pro year

I'm not sure Alzner will still be around, though. The team probably dont mind having him in the AHL but they probably want to do him a favour and ship him somewhere else he can play in the NHL.

Agree about Alzner and I don't think Olofsson will be in AHL, needs to pass through waivers.

Ouellet-Brook
Walford-Fleury
Tyszka-Lamarche
Sklenicka

Lernout and Alzner gone.
Oloffson in the NHL

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Agree about Alzner and I don't think Olofsson will be in AHL, needs to pass through waivers.

Ouellet-Brook
Walford-Fleury
Tyszka-Lamarche
Sklenicka

Lernout and Alzner gone.
Oloffson in the NHL

If Olofsson is extended, he will start in the AHL, I would assume. Being out a full season, I don't think they'd start him in Montreal. He may end up being called up like Kulak was this year.

Also, I think Lernout will be qualified and extended. Maybe eventually traded.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
If Olofsson is extended, he will start in the AHL, I would assume. Being out a full season, I don't think they'd start him in Montreal. He may end up being called up like Kulak was this year.

Also, I think Lernout will be qualified and extended. Maybe eventually traded.
Yeah and Olofsson would probably go through waiver without a problem, we are talking about a 24 years old dman who missed a full season

If he surprise and play well enough to warrant a place with the Canadiens, that would mean the end of Reilly

Mete - Weber
Olofsson/Kulak - Petry
Olofsso/Kulak - Juulsen
Benn/Folin

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Yeah and Olofsson would probably go through waiver without a problem, we are talking about a 24 years old dman who missed a full season

If he surprise and play well enough to warrant a place with the Canadiens, that would mean the end of Reilly

Mete - Weber
Olofsson/Kulak - Petry
Olofsso/Kulak - Juulsen
Benn/Folin

I think it's already the end of Reilly. Kulak stole his place.

Reilly is arbitration eligible, I expect Habs to not qualify him..

Reactions: De Montreal

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Olofsson would go through waivers

Kulak deserves that 7th spot the odd man out is Rielly

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I expect Ouellet back, would be shocked if a team offered him a one way. His defensive game is poor even in the AHL. If he gets a one way good for him but I don't think we'll give him one.

No way do I see Alzner getting traded unless it's for equal or worse contract. Unless he retires I fully expect him in Laval next year and after just having another kid I don't see him walking away from 4.625M next year and 11.125M total. Maybe he will tire of riding buses at some point down the road, say after next season or the following but that's a lot of money to walk away from and he's still young. He's just so slow, even in the AHL he's slow as heck, just can't see a team taking on such a terrible contract that's really just an AHLer now.

Lernout is a tough one, I'd bring him back and I think they will but I'm 50/50 on it as he has improved his defensive game so that's what I think he'll be back as he can fill in as a 7th d if injuries hit but at the same time if he's not back then so be it.

Olofsson I think it's just a matter of health and what they think of the shoulder issues. If they think it's a reasonable risk to bring him back then I expect them to. If they feel he's one more bad hit away from a career ending injury then they might not want to use up a spot on the 50.

Reilly I think is gone, don't see him getting his QO.

Reactions: Agalloch

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I expect Ouellet back, would be shocked if a team offered him a one way. His defensive game is poor even in the AHL. If he gets a one way good for him but I don't think we'll give him one.

No way do I see Alzner getting traded unless it's for equal or worse contract. Unless he retires I fully expect him in Laval next year and after just having another kid I don't see him walking away from 4.625M next year and 11.125M total. Maybe he will tire of riding buses at some point down the road, say after next season or the following but that's a lot of money to walk away from and he's still young. He's just so slow, even in the AHL he's slow as heck, just can't see a team taking on such a terrible contract that's really just an AHLer now.

Lernout is a tough one, I'd bring him back and I think they will but I'm 50/50 on it as he has improved his defensive game so that's what I think he'll be back as he can fill in as a 7th d if injuries hit but at the same time if he's not back then so be it.

Olofsson I think it's just a matter of health and what they think of the shoulder issues. If they think it's a reasonable risk to bring him back then I expect them to. If they feel he's one more bad hit away from a career ending injury then they might not want to use up a spot on the 50.

Reilly I think is gone, don't see him getting his QO.

Agree about Reilly, they will make him walk. It was worth the gamble but he's too inconsistent.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

With the arrivals of Houde, Struthers, and the call up of Martineau, it makes sense they release Cox from his PTO.

Although I wouldn't mind offering him an AHL contract for next season. He looked good while here. You have him in the ECHL if your full in Laval.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

With the arrivals of Houde, Struthers, and the call up of Martineau, it makes sense they release Cox from his PTO.

Although I wouldn't mind offering him an AHL contract for next season. He looked good while here. You have him in the ECHL if your full in Laval.

Cox is way, way better than both Martineau and Ebbing. Roy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad