Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This should help,
Rules

I think he means contractually from the standpoint of what are NHLers allowed to do during the summer, i.e. if one got hurt in that league would they be disciplined/uninsured by the team, etc.

Looks like a WCHA reunion.

I'd love to see a tournament pitting state and provincial all-stars against each other next time there is a lockout.

Would be fun as heck. I'm sure this league is already a hoot to hang around and watch. I know even around here when a lot of the D1 and pro guys come back for the summer it's just way more fun.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You know which pick I wish I knew more about and just seems so distant? Steven Johnson.

Seems unlikely to get a contract at this point, at least an NHL one. I met him last season briefly when he scratched for a Reign game. Seemed very thin to me. However, I will say in the few games he got in for the Reign at the end of last season I thought he looked decent. His positioning overall was pretty solid and I was kinda surprised as I wasn't expecting much. His age and the number of Kings D contracts/prospects don't really bode well for him. Maybe the Reign sign him, but with so many competing for spots, maybe they just let him move on.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I don't think he's great at it but I bet he's better than you. Lol

Ya know, considering only poke checks, I would take that bet!

Next season when goals are scored on Quick while he 1) keeps his stick tight against his skates or 2) when he can't stop a pass right beside the post from behind the net, or 3) when crossing passes go 6 inches above the crease for an easy tap in, you'll think; "ya know what, that pass could have easily been poke checked away. I'd like to see if Butch could have had that one."

And don't get me started on him kneeling against the post when the puck is in the corner.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Wonder if the rumors of the Kings pursuing an additional scoring winger will link them up again in Pacioretty trade discussions.

If his extension was for $7M per year, the Kings would have to move one of Pearson/Toffoli and Muzzin/Martinez to make it work.

Still would rather have skinner

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
Ya know, considering only poke checks, I would take that bet!

Next season when goals are scored on Quick while he 1) keeps his stick tight against his skates or 2) when he can't stop a pass right beside the post from behind the net, or 3) when crossing passes go 6 inches above the crease for an easy tap in, you'll think; "ya know what, that pass could have easily been poke checked away. I'd like to see if Butch could have had that one."

And don't get me started on him kneeling against the post when the puck is in the corner.

You mean reverse VH? It's a sound technique. With his leg strength and flexibility, it's a style that plays to his strengths.

I do agree that Quick can be better with his stick overall. Minor quibble, however. He's still the best netminder I've ever seen for the Kings.

Reactions: Butch 19

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
You mean reverse VH? It's a sound technique. With his leg strength and flexibility, it's a style that plays to his strengths.

I do agree that Quick can be better with his stick overall. Minor quibble, however. He's still the best netminder I've ever seen for the Kings.

Yeah seriously, I mean...come on. RVH is a legitimately taught stylistic technique for goaltenders. It's not like he's being lazy or stupid. To criticize him for that is just silly.

RVH Goalie Drills | RVH Drills for Goalies | Goalie Coaches

A Goalie’s New Best Friend | USA Hockey Magazine

Devils Schneider Breaks Down VH And Reverse-VH - InGoal Magazine

Reactions: King Trouty

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

That's not a minor quibble. It's an issue. Not just the stick, but the communication behind the net seems off too often. Not sure if that's Quick or the d-men, but, that's not minor.

That would all but be a guaranteed spot then.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah seriously, I mean...come on. RVH is a legitimately taught stylistic technique for goaltenders. It's not like he's being lazy or stupid. To criticize him for that is just silly.

RVH Goalie Drills | RVH Drills for Goalies | Goalie Coaches

A Goalie’s New Best Friend | USA Hockey Magazine

Devils Schneider Breaks Down VH And Reverse-VH - InGoal Magazine

Not only that, Quick is the one who popularized it.

That's not a minor quibble. It's an issue. Not just the stick, but the communication behind the net seems off too often. Not sure if that's Quick or the d-men, but, that's not minor.

He's gotten miles better at puckhandling, and I don't think his pokechecks in general are bad. He's aggressive, he's gonna have some misses, but he lives by that sword too. But his biggest weakness as exploited frequently in the past by teams like the Hawks and Sharks is triangling pucks behind and laterally. That's when he gets overly athletic and sloppy with his stick.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
A few Kings prospects playing in a summer beer league in Minnesota.

Mikey Eyssimont, Cole Hults, and Steven Johnson will be participating.

Remember Hudson Fasching and how high Lombardi was on him before the trade? Looks like he's on his 3rd team now playing for the Coyotes.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
That’s a great deal for the Kings, if true. Not that LaDue has any bargaining power. At least he’ll play.

I was surprised Folin got a pretty paltry contract. Makes you wonder, since many thought "the Kings can't afford Folin now, he will likely get a good raise and cost over 1.5"
NOW, after seeing Blake state in a recent interview, regarding Ladue "Paul deserves a chance to play". BINGO. That's what happened. I'm sure Blake and staff had discussions
and it was agreed upon to let Folin go (and maybe they too, thought Folin may get a 1.5 offer but probably never even talked contract) and give Ladue a shot. Folin was a goner, based on Blake's
comment. No way Ladue has room (especially Ladue and Brickley) with Folin resigned. I still believe Ladue will arise to close to what we were hoping for, 2 years ago. Folin RHD . Ladue RHD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad