Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Guys like Klatt are the reason why DT will never be a GM again.

Are you trolling or what? DT brought in Kopitar, Quick and Brown - Without those 3 players, they would have never even had a sniff of the Cup. You know this.

And more important: DL was given the latitude to fail to plan for the future - a vote from ownership that DT never enjoyed.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Are you trolling or what? DT brought in Kopitar, Quick and Brown - Without those 3 players, they would have never even had a sniff of the Cup. You know this.

And more important: DL was given the latitude to fail to plan for the future - a vote from ownership that DT never enjoyed.

Was Trent Klatt drafted by the Kings? Has DT been hired as a GM since being canned by the Kings? I'll take your answers off the air.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I kind of get where Butch is coming from, I mean looking back at the Kings 3 year run, the single most important reason that ever happened was the 2005 draft, and IMO it's not even close.

But I also understand where Tikk is coming from about DT, he for the most part was a failed GM.

I don't think the Kings win those cups if DT had kept his job, but I also don't think DL wins if he doesn't inherit two future Hall of Fame players.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I kind of get where Butch is coming from, I mean looking back at the Kings 3 year run, the single most important reason that ever happened was the 2005 draft, and IMO it's not even close.

But I also understand where Tikk is coming from about DT, he for the most part was a failed GM.

I don't think the Kings win those cups if DT had kept his job, but I also don't think DL wins if he doesn't inherit two future Hall of Fame players.
I agree, the Kings don't win the Stanley Cup without the 2005 draft, or without Lombardi taking over.

Just think in a few years we will be saying the promotions of Robitaille and Blake were the catalyst which led to two more Stanley Cups.

Reactions: Butch 19

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I agree, the Kings don't win the Stanley Cup without the 2005 draft, or without Lombardi taking over.

Just think in a few years we will be saying the promotions of Robitaille and Blake were the catalyst which led to two more Stanley Cups.

After we disparage them of course though.....

Reactions: mbar

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
No GM works in a vacuum, previous regimes will always have an impact both direct and indirect.

Reactions: KINGS17

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013

"To think that we'd finally win another cup in this year, 2817. This could have never of happened without the the ascension of Rob Blake and Luc Robitaille 800 years ago...and of course all of your help, Robo-Doughty!

"AFFIRMATIVE, PARTY AT MY HOUSE, BEEP BOOP"

Reactions: 2-4 Slashin

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
"To think that we'd finally win another cup in this year, 2817. This could have never of happened without the the ascension of Rob Blake and Luc Robitaille 800 years ago...and of course all of your help, Robo-Doughty!

"AFFIRMATIVE, PARTY AT MY HOUSE, BEEP BOOP"

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

I agree the Kings would not have won in 12 or 14 without DL. But I'll never bag on DT either.

But isn't it true that DL was given a 5-yr window to turn the team around / keep high draft picks / set up a "winning culture?" DT seemed to have his hand forced to make bad trades for immediate gain (which never worked out). Kinda funny, the Kings are now trying to dig themselves out of the hole that DL left for them with this late-career trades that also failed.

Some things never change: we'll always be fighting for the #8 spot :banghead:

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I agree the Kings would not have won in 12 or 14 without DL. But I'll never bag on DT either.

But isn't it true that DL was given a 5-yr window to turn the team around / keep high draft picks / set up a "winning culture?" DT seemed to have his hand forced to make bad trades for immediate gain (which never worked out). Kinda funny, the Kings are now trying to dig themselves out of the hole that DL left for them with this late-career trades that also failed.

Some things never change: we'll always be fighting for the #8 spot :banghead:

Don't forget about Lieweekly.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Slow news day, so I'll just share the latest social media posts from CAA that involve the Kings.

CAA Hockey (@caahockey) • Instagram photos and videos

They have summer camp taking place now and if you look at their stories, Tyler Toffoli (who just got married), and Daniel Brickley are participants. Oh and Jamie Storr is a coach as well.

If you guys think Quick is bad at coming out of his crease, Jamie Storr was quite a bit more adventurous. Not quite as nutso like Robb Stauber was, but a close second.

Reactions: King Trouty

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hope that means Toffoli is getting his lazy ass into shape. Last seasons performance was pathetic I don't care about his points if he's floating.

On another note, I hate to beat the same drum, but hopefully we have october 2017 Quick all season come September. He wasnt good at all for a couple months during January.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hope that means Toffoli is getting his lazy ass into shape. Last seasons performance was pathetic I don't care about his points if he's floating.

On another note, I hate to beat the same drum, but hopefully we have october 2017 Quick all season come September. He wasnt good at all for a couple months during January.

Quick didn't look as sharp in portions of the second half, but he seemed just fine in the playoffs. He's one of the last names I'd be critiquing after last season.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Quick didn't look as sharp in portions of the second half, but he seemed just fine in the playoffs. He's one of the last names I'd be critiquing after last season.

Great in the playoffs. Bad in the second half. If he's consistent the Kings will be fuego.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I wish we could shut Toffoli in a room with Gary Roberts for the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad