Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Bieksa deserves a good beat down from MacDermid. Let him try that superman punch bullshit on the Mac truck (also, LOL @ Andy, cmon man)

Reactions: Sol

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
If MacDermid heavily focuses in on edge work and getting some extra speed on his turns he'd be really solid. He has good straight line speed for his height but sucks at turning corners/pivoting.
that's what irritates me about people calling him slow, the dude can burn straight line for how gigantic of a human he is

really hope this camp is his coming out party, we need a punishing defenseman of his ilk

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
that's what irritates me about people calling him slow, the dude can burn straight line for how gigantic of a human he is

really hope this camp is his coming out party, we need a punishing defenseman of his ilk

Still remember that shift vs. Edmonton where he shadowed McDavid all the way through the zone.

He can do it, but consistency is important.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What the **** was Liambas thinking :laugh:

Quick getting all pumped up in the background there too hahaha
mac staring down the bench after, while looking like he could go another 10 rounds as liambas nurses that mouse under his eye

so much to love about that video

Reactions: King Trouty

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Still remember that shift vs. Edmonton where he shadowed McDavid all the way through the zone.

He can do it, but consistency is important.
yeah, i don't remember what game it was but he got caught pinching once, spun and stormed back to the D zone just behind the entering forwards.. massive stride

requires some help from coaching too, we can't run 4D the way we did for the bulk of last season, he has to be given a chance

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
mac staring down the bench after, while looking like he could go another 10 rounds as liambas nurses that mouse under his eye

so much to love about that video

MacDermid was just flexing his fingers in the penalty box like "Damn, I hope I didn't hurt my hand punching him so many times."

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
How in the hell could you say this with any certainty? There are a lot of folks, inside and outside the org, extremely high on Brickley.

Let's see what he does, how he handles camp and preseason first, no?

Or does the LaDue re-signing make it a foregone conclusion for you? We already burned a year of his ELC.

I think he has the fast track to at least the #7 D, ahead of Mike Tyson and Fantenberg
I agree. I think Brickley gets a very long look and will be given every chance to be #6. I think LaDue is plan B and will battle with Fantenberg for the #7 role. I love MacD but it’s not a popularity contest and I just don’t see him playing more than a small handful of games unless things go very badly for the other guys in camp.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I agree. I think Brickley gets a very long look and will be given every chance to be #6. I think LaDue is plan B and will battle with Fantenberg for the #7 role. I love MacD but it’s not a popularity contest and I just don’t see him playing more than a small handful of games unless things go very badly for the other guys in camp.
Brickley, Fantenberg and Ladue are all the same type of player. Brickley has size on The other two but Mac brings something those guys dont. Its redundant to have 3 puck movers like those guys all on the roster at the same time.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

I kind of think you are right but not completely. Listening to Blake speak, he knows the gave LaDue the short end of the stick last year. He is the front runner for the last Dman spot open (#6). You are correct about management being really high on Brickley. He will be battling for the #6/#7 spot. Fantenberg will be battling for the number #7 spot but will probably start the year in Ontario. McDermid will also battle for #7 but will end up playing the whole year in Ontario minus a couple of call ups to seat in the pressbox for injuries/sickness.

IMO from listening to management speak about the team. The defense is set of all parties come to camp ready (not like LaDue last year).

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Vilardi
Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Clifford-Amadio-Lewis
Thompson,Brodzinski

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Martinez
Phaneuf-Ladue
Brickley,Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell

Brown,Pearson,Iaffalo dig pucks out for their lines and crash the net while Kovy,Carter,Toffoli snipe . This balances the lines out more

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Vilardi
Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Clifford-Amadio-Lewis
Thompson,Brodzinski

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Martinez
Phaneuf-Ladue
Brickley,Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell

Brown,Pearson,Iaffalo dig pucks out for their lines and crash the net while Kovy,Carter,Toffoli snipe . This balances the lines out more
Toffoli is going to look like end of his career Luc Robitaille on that line. He cant keep up with those two...

Reactions: BringTheReign

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Vilardi
Iaffalo-Kempe-Toffoli
Clifford-Amadio-Lewis
Thompson,Brodzinski

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Martinez
Phaneuf-Ladue
Brickley,Fantenberg

Quick
Campbell

I would agree, in an ideal world this is how they'd like to see the lines.

Vilardi with two veterans, one of which being a top 25 center helps ease him into the NHL. I see a lot of Iafallo-Kempe-Vilardi when fans post their lineups, but a 19 year old on a line with two second year guys is a bit scary.

TT will certainly be the slowest guy on his line, but his style as a shooter should be a nice compliment to Kempe and Iafallo, and he adds a veteran presence.

I would expect the Kings would much rather see 22 year old Amadio win a spot over 34 year old Thompson, that is just common sense. Amadio was a point per game guy in the AHL and showed some flashes last year. Thompson is a fringe NHL'er so he should be ok providing some leadership and collecting his $1.6 mill a year to be the 14th forward.

Brodzinski can fill in at wing on any line should there be an injury, a nice skilled guy to have as your next guy up.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I want to see how Vilardi responds to the physical nature of the NHL in some preseason games before he gets penciled into the lineup.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I kind of think you are right but not completely. Listening to Blake speak, he knows the gave LaDue the short end of the stick last year. He is the front runner for the last Dman spot open (#6). You are correct about management being really high on Brickley. He will be battling for the #6/#7 spot. Fantenberg will be battling for the number #7 spot but will probably start the year in Ontario. McDermid will also battle for #7 but will end up playing the whole year in Ontario minus a couple of call ups to seat in the pressbox for injuries/sickness.

IMO from listening to management speak about the team. The defense is set of all parties come to camp ready (not like LaDue last year).
This is where Blake's report card starts going from an Incomplete to a Letter Grade. If he is high on LaDue and LaDue can cut it, then I will start to have more confidence in Blake's eye for talent.

For me, LaDue hasn't shown me much in his own zone.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
This is where Blake's report card starts going from an Incomplete to a Letter Grade. If he is high on LaDue and LaDue can cut it, then I will start to have more confidence in Blake's eye for talent.

For me, LaDue hasn't shown me much in his own zone.

Showed much compared to who?

Can't compare him to Doughty or Voynov but for his 1st year or so compared to Muzzin and Martinez...he looks to be performing about the same defensively and better offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->