Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Ha. He still skates better than half the players on my one team. Hopefully he heals up fast and they figure out the root cause of the problems.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
If you plan to rotate Brickley with Dion a bit, or LaDue, then keep him up. It’s a long season, and people get banged up.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.07.49 PM.png
Friedman's 31 thoughts podcast where he discusses the state of each team. He starts in the Pacific.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/31_thoughts/31_20180920_130005--Sept.-20,-2018-Back-In-The-Saddle.mp3

13:10 for Kings

tl;dl Top teams are sharks and knights. Says calgary will be better and coyotes are a playoff team. Don't know what to make of the Kings. Older, speed issues, and Carter's comments about his ankle are a concern. Lots of players have to step up.

I swear some of these writer still think Sutter is coaching the team when they consistently whine about speed and the way the Kings play. Guess what, you don't have too be the fastest team in the league to win. Oh, and the Sharks are just as old and have their own issues too.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
View attachment 142393

I swear some of these writer still think Sutter is coaching the team when they consistently whine about speed and the way the Kings play. Guess what, you don't have too be the fastest team in the league to win. Oh, and the Sharks are just as old and have their own issues too.

Agreed. The Kings when playing an offensive style can hang with the best of them.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Agreed. The Kings when playing an offensive style can hang with the best of them.

The Kings when they have a lead, especially early are fine. It's when they don't show up til 40 minutes of hockey where their lack of speed is a death blow. Adding Kovalchuk changes the dynamic of the team so it's hard to judge this team right now. I agree Calgary will be better but each year 2 teams who are locks don't make it and 2 teams predicted to miss the playoffs get hot and stay hot.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I hope the Kings don't send Vilardi to the juniors. Best thing to do is keep him on the team on injured reserve, have the Kings trainers/doctors rehab him as long as necessary, and hopefully once he is 100% by hopefully the trade deadline, we can have an extra option on offense. I think he has already proven all he can in juniors, and its a waste of his time to send him back.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I hope the Kings don't send Vilardi to the juniors. Best thing to do is keep him on the team on injured reserve, have the Kings trainers/doctors rehab him as long as necessary, and hopefully once he is 100% by hopefully the trade deadline, we can have an extra option on offense. I think he has already proven all he can in juniors, and its a waste of his time to send him back.
Issue there is you are taking a guy who has not played in a year and throwing them into their first NHL game in likely the middle of a playoff race. If he is injured that long I think they should keep him on IR till he is healthy then send him to juniors. He can rehab and find his game down there and hopefully have a successful playoff run. If LA is still in the playoffs come Vilardi's season ending bring him up as rosters are expanded so he can practice and train with the big club. Maybe even get in a game.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Vilardi could get 10 in Ontario, if I’m not mistaken. That’s a few weeks of rehab time right there, and they all train at the same facility. I’d rather that happen first, then evaluate where to put him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Someone else had mentioned a 'conditioning assignment' as well, I'm sure the NHL would bite on that given his extensive injury history. Let him stay with the Reign to get better and so he's close, then return to the big club in a limited, monitored role. I don't think juniors does Vilardi any good at all this year. I'd almost even say he's better off burning a year on our bench.

Reactions: King Trouty

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Someone else had mentioned a 'conditioning assignment' as well, I'm sure the NHL would bite on that given his extensive injury history. Let him stay with the Reign to get better and so he's close, then return to the big club in a limited, monitored role. I don't think juniors does Vilardi any good at all this year. I'd almost even say he's better off burning a year on our bench.

Problem is that its limited to 2 weeks, better than nothing but still not an ideal amount of time to get up to speed.

Where's Loophole Lombardi when we need him?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Other issues Blake needs to think about regarding Vilardi and JAD. If the Seattle expansion team does not start until the 2021-2022 season as suggested here by NHL deputy commissioner Bil Daly:

then Vilardi and Anderson-Dolan would have to be put on the protected players list for the expansion draft after the 2020 season, using up two valuable spots among the forwards IF they turn pro THIS season. If they wait one more year, they will be automatically protected and the Kings can protect other resources. If the expansion goes off as originally stated (Seattle starts 2020 season), then it won't matter if they turned pro this year, they will be automatically protected.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I was going to post what regulate said about the seattle expansion but regulate stated it much better than I could.

Best to keep vilardi in juniors until he's healthy. Maybe send a trainer to oversee it if possible. If it takes a year, then it doesn't burn off a year of his ELC. That matters for protection slots at the next expansion draft.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
If the expansion does get pushed to 21-22, Kovalchuk will be gone and and they can buyout the last year of severely diminished Brown or Carter (take your pick), they have 3 other players signed beyond that season.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
In my knowledge he can't go to Ontario even for conditioning He's either with the big team or in juniors

Kings were able to send Brayden Schenn to the AHL for a two week conditioning stint in 2010-11 before returning him to juniors: Schenn's conditioning assignment - LA Kings Insider

Depending on when Vilardi is healthy, he could technically go to the AHL and then be returned to the big club (and then perhaps back to juniors in time for the WJC if the Kings don't think he'd stick in the NHL).

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Kings were able to send Brayden Schenn to the AHL for a two week conditioning stint in 2010-11 before returning him to juniors: Schenn's conditioning assignment - LA Kings Insider

Depending on when Vilardi is healthy, he could technically go to the AHL and then be returned to the big club (and then perhaps back to juniors in time for the WJC if the Kings don't think he'd stick in the NHL).

Difference being Schenn played games in the NHL that season to open the year, then went to the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino