Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
As long as they are fringe players. I know picking Hickey 4th overall was a balls up and he was lost through waivers because someone (was it Muzzin?) was deemed a better fit or more ready. But losing a player that has managed 6 seasons in the nhl with the same team for nothing sucks donkey balls (aside from his draft position).

Muzzin and Marty both made the team the year many thought he'd make it. Hickey was the biggest bust in DL's tenure. That pick was almost doomed to fail .

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I liked McDermid's stint last season. He's like an even more physical Matt Greene.

He's a Matt Greene that can fight.

The question will always be not really his brain, because that seems actually really good, but his skating.

Then again, I'll probably never forget--in reference to MacD I mean--that shift he stayed step-for-step with McDavid. That showed me a lot.

He might always be Muzzin-esque--sorty of clompy due to his size, unable to be as agile as smaller players just due to sure mass. But he's a pretty heady player considering. Hope he just irons out his inconsistencies and carves out along career because he's as likeable a d-man as we've had in our organization since and I have a soft spot for not only underdogs but just straight up hard players.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I like MacDermid more than Fantenberg. Haven't seen enough of Brickley to make a comment on him.

I'd hate to lose MacDermid due to waivers since there is still interest in tough defensive defensemen. (McQuaid to NYR)

Reactions: Reaper45

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I don't think either Fantenberg or MacD would get picked up on waivers, I personally wouldn't let that factor into any decision. The front office would know more than me, obviously. I'm more excited to see what Strand does this year than either of those two. Great skating for his size and sees the game really well.

Reactions: go4hockey

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I don't think either Fantenberg or MacD would get picked up on waivers, I personally wouldn't let that factor into any decision. The front office would know more than me, obviously. I'm more excited to see what Strand does this year than either of those two. Great skating for his size and sees the game really well.

I am also intrigued by Strand. He looked to handle the puck well during the rookie tournament before he took a puck to the head. Can't wait to see him everyday in ONT. I'll keep the board updated on his progress. I agree that we overthink the waivers process, although I would say with the element that MacDermid can bring to an organization, there is some risk there. I'd be more disappointed for ONT than LA, but it's a reality we have to live with. I think they wait as long as possible in camp before making the moves.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Iaffalo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Carter-Kovalchuk
Pearson-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Etem
Thompson

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Martinez
Phaneuf-LaDue
Brickley

Quick
Campbell

Best lineup possible to ice. I like the forward group especially. I think Etem might be an underrated pickup.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Iaffalo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Carter-Kovalchuk
Pearson-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Etem
Thompson

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Martinez
Phaneuf-LaDue
Brickley

Quick
Campbell

Best lineup possible to ice. I like the forward group especially. I think Etem might be an underrated pickup.

Thats a pretty sexy lineup. Im not really sold on the martinez / muzzin pairing though.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Budaj has cleared waivers. Welcome back to the Reign. One of the most popular players (besides LoVerde and MacDermid) ever to play for the franchise.
Budaj deserves a lot of credit for his contributions to the Kings. Despite some bouncing around between teams he maintains a wonderful attitude and adds character to the organization. Maybe he'll somehow get a future Cup ring with the Kings.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Jacob Moverare also loaned to Frolunda to play in the SHL.

In former King news, Kevin Gravel was waived. So many former regulars on the Kings hitting and clearing waivers...

Not sure if I'd consider Gravel or Andreoff regulars. Many nights Gravel was in the press box or in Ontario. Andreoff only played as many games as he did because of the Clifford injury.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Not sure if I'd consider Gravel or Andreoff regulars. Many nights Gravel was in the press box or in Ontario. Andreoff only played as many games as he did because of the Clifford injury.

49 games for Gravel in 16-17, and 60 games for Andreoff the season prior, with 45 games this past season, that's appearing in more than 50% of games. They were regular roster players at certain points. Thankfully, no more.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
He's a Matt Greene that can fight.

The question will always be not really his brain, because that seems actually really good, but his skating.

Then again, I'll probably never forget--in reference to MacD I mean--that shift he stayed step-for-step with McDavid. That showed me a lot.

He might always be Muzzin-esque--sorty of clompy due to his size, unable to be as agile as smaller players just due to sure mass. But he's a pretty heady player considering. Hope he just irons out his inconsistencies and carves out along career because he's as likeable a d-man as we've had in our organization since and I have a soft spot for not only underdogs but just straight up hard players.
Just Imagine if MacDiesel hit a spurt in development and hit a Muzzin-like ceiling with those chunk'ems. Holy shit. I'd probly nut myself, nightly

no homo

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Just Imagine if MacDiesel hit a spurt in development and hit a Muzzin-like ceiling with those chunk'ems. Holy ****. I'd probly nut myself, nightly

no homo

don't you already nut yourself nightly?
seems like it's not that extreme of a thing to do as a reaction

...maybe i'm slightly offended

Reactions: King Trouty

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
How’s Colten Tuebert doing?
Always liked Teuby - bummed he never made it in the nhl. Still, looks like he lives a pretty good life in BC.
sdsds_zpsjgd46liv.jpg

Reactions: regulate

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I liked McDermid's stint last season. He's like an even more physical Matt Greene.
I like McD but whilst he can fight better he isn’t anywhere near the level of Matt Greene. Greene was a much smarter player and far superior in his own end. I hope he makes me eat lots of crow, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->