Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Even with Brickley arguably looking better, keep in mind Iafallo also had endurance issues transitioning from NCAA to the NHL his first full season.

Doughty plays crazy minutes. No sense sticking a rookie and wearing him down with responsibility.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Even with Brickley arguably looking better, keep in mind Iafallo also had endurance issues transitioning from NCAA to the NHL his first full season.

Doughty plays crazy minutes. No sense sticking a rookie and wearing him down with responsibility.

I would actually prefer to stick Doughty with Muzzin on a full time basis, then put a capable rookie on a different line.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'm not saying it's broken nor bad, but Brickley shows greater potential than Forbort has shown in an eternity.

Yeah you have a well running Nissan, but if you have the opportunity to switch out for a Mercedes, any person would take it
Forbort = 1985 Volvo stationwagon

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Having Brodzinski out long term will give the Kings an opportunity to dress an NHL player on the 4th line

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
good discussions on lines and who should DD be partnered with...tough call on whether Forbort or Brickley should partner with him.
RJ has a good point that those are a lot of minutes for Brickley, coming out of the 40 game college schedule.

I'm just PLEASED the Kings were able to sign Brickley and how good he's going to be. Great attitude, excellent poise and skills and size.
So impressed...and I am also VERY PLEASED, that Michael Amadio has emerged and a legit pro. I feel like the Kings only addition
isn't Kovalchuk...but they've added - in a sense - Brickley and Amadio as highly capable players that will make this team better.

I am also pleased that Iafallo is getting better and at this time last year, he and Kempe were question marks and now they also,'
are full fledged pros...and both of their games are getting better and better. And it seems like Ladue is ready now.

Other notables - Wagner, JAD, Etem; ALL of them showing something.

I'm encouraged!!!!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
good discussions on lines and who should DD be partnered with...tough call on whether Forbort or Brickley should partner with him.
RJ has a good point that those are a lot of minutes for Brickley, coming out of the 40 game college schedule.

I'm just PLEASED the Kings were able to sign Brickley and how good he's going to be. Great attitude, excellent poise and skills and size.
So impressed...and I am also VERY PLEASED, that Michael Amadio has emerged and a legit pro. I feel like the Kings only addition
isn't Kovalchuk...but they've added - in a sense - Brickley and Amadio as highly capable players that will make this team better.

I am also pleased that Iafallo is getting better and at this time last year, he and Kempe were question marks and now they also,'
are full fledged pros...and both of their games are getting better and better. And it seems like Ladue is ready now.

I'm encouraged!!!!

I agree with the above. The debbie downer in me though is a little bummed Clague is not more ready

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I agree with the above. The debbie downer in me though is a little bummed Clague is not more ready

One to two years in the AHL will do a lot for his confidence, especially with the physical part of the game as he gets stronger and matures. Expectations were too high for a middle of the road 2nd round pick due the offensive numbers he put up. I feel good that he'll turn out to be a dependable pro that can really hit the passing lanes, his greatest strength.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

I as well. However, Kupari, Akil Thomas and Johan Sodergran are ALL off to incredible starts. 3 great picks and Shafigullin is as well. The 2018 draft may end up being one of the best King drafts,
when all is said and done. Clague needs work and he'll get it done.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
One to two years in the AHL will do a lot for his confidence, especially with the physical part of the game as he gets stronger and matures. Expectations were too high for a middle of the road 2nd round pick due the offensive numbers he put up. I feel good that he'll turn out to be a dependable pro that can really hit the passing lanes, his greatest strength.
The offense is there. I mean hes played like shit and is still getting assists. Hes good with the puck. Its without it that he looks bad.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The offense is there. I mean hes played like **** and is still getting assists. Hes good with the puck. Its without it that he looks bad.

True, his coverage along with some ill advised clearing passes has been poor. I'd throw him right back to the wolves and have him play tonight on the road in Vegas. The experience is great for him. We have to remember, except for Doughty (2nd overall, played at 18) and Phaneuf (9th overall, played at 20) all the Kings D men were older their first regular NHL campaign. Forbort (15th overall, played at 24), Martinez (95th overall, played at 23), Muzzin (141st overall, played at 23), and Brickley UFA, maybe breaking in at 23. MacDermid and Fantenberg were also 23 and 26 respectively. Clague at 51st overall is 20 and won't be 21 until after the upcoming season. Age for defensemen is a bigger deal. Particularly from a physical perspective and the bounding you take.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
here's hoping.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Iafallo, Kempe, Brickley and Amadio all highly motivated this season as it's a contract year for them. They are all RFA's next season, and a breakout year for any of them could get them a nice bridge deal.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If Ho-Sang can’t crack the Isles, I don’t see where there’s any room for him here.

And I’m more appalled that people actually read Eklund’s site and spread his garbage on here.

Reactions: Sol

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

I'm encouraged!!!!

I talked a while ago about Wagner being my dark horse to make the Kings this season. He has all the tools and confidence to make the team. Just needs to stay healthy and improve that defensive zone.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovalchuk-Carter-Kempe
Pearson-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Anderson-Dolan-Lewis
Wagner
Thompson

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Fantenberg
Phaneuf-Martinez
LaDue

Quick
Campbell

That could be the 23-man roster on opening night, with Vilardi and Brodzinski on IR.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
In my opinion it would be dumb to keep Dolan up, risk losing MacD on waivers and sending Brickley down.

I have been saying all summer Brickley will start in the A but now after seeing him I’m not so sure. Plus the Kings signed him to a two year deal, burned the first year with one game and then the second in the minors?

Btw Wagner is more mature and has shown more to me than Dolan.

Reactions: LAKings88

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
In my opinion it would be dumb to keep Dolan up, risk losing MacD on waivers and sending Brickley down.

I have been saying all summer Brickley will start in the A but now after seeing him I’m not so sure. Plus the Kings signed him to a two year deal, burned the first year with one game and then the second in the minors?

Btw Wagner is more mature and has shown more to me than Dolan.

The Kings see JAD as their 4th line C next season. I think they are going to have him stick around the big club for a while and over time get those 9 games in while he practices with the organization and becomes part of the culture of the team, waiting for Vilardi's eventual return. I won't hurt his development. Wagner brings some speed and physical play, but he still has a lot of fundamental flaws in his game, and they want him to play at the pro level everyday while he improves on those. Wagner could be gunning for a 4th line role next season, something along the lines of Wagner-JAD-Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad