Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Always liked Teuby - bummed he never made it in the nhl. Still, looks like he lives a pretty good life in BC.
sdsds_zpsjgd46liv.jpg
Canadian village people? debatable on how good of a life that is.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Also, Vegas has waived two decent goalies in the past few days. Toronto will have the same dilemma - surprised some teams haven’t picked on of these guys up.

Most teams are set in goal barring injuries. Also here's a rule about waivers that I didn't know that was posted when Tampa claimed Danick Martel from Philadelphia recently: Lines starting to take form at Flyers camp

The Tampa Bay Lightning claimed winger Danick Martel off waivers from the Flyers on Saturday. Under NHL rules, the Lightning are now obligated to keep Martel on their NHL roster to open the season. He must spend 30 days or appear in 10 NHL games -- whichever comes sooner -- before he is eligible to be re-waived and assigned to the AHL if he clears. The clock starts ticking on Oct 3.

Most teams aren't going to want to carry three goalies on opening night/month.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Huge MacDermid fan but Matt Greene was easily a better hockey player and Mac will never be as good as him. Much better fighter, however.

Matt Greene pre-back injury would still be an NHL regular today in the faster, "new" NHL.

I don't know if that last statement is actually true. Matt Greene was incredibly slow even before his back injury.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Huge MacDermid fan but Matt Greene was easily a better hockey player and Mac will never be as good as him. Much better fighter, however.

Matt Greene pre-back injury would still be an NHL regular today in the faster, "new" NHL.

While you’ll probably end up being right, I think you’re jumping the gun a little here. Matt Greene was 25 when we traded for him, and that’s when he started to make a name for himself. Macdermids only 24...

Reactions: deaderhead28

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley

Dude! You're President of the MacDermid fan club! And I'm President of the West Coast Chapter! :)

...or at least Assistant to the Regional Manager ;)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Seems a bit early to say, considering Matt Greene was 22 when he made his NHL debut and MacDermid was 23.

And Greene wasn't lauded for his hockey smarts as a rookie.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Greene was a terrible fighter but he was a 44th overall pick. He could throw the body, make a decent first pass and was a good leader.

MacD is comparable to Sean O’Donnell. OD was a solid fighter and learned to be a decent player over the years.

Reactions: deaderhead28

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Matt Greene was underrated on here when he was playing and continues to be underrated.

I love MacDermid more than anyone here not named Regulate. Matt Greene was a better hockey player than MacDermid at every comparable age level.

I also prefer the O'Donnell comparison since OD was pretty brutal at playing defense at first and then figured it out. The problem for MacDermid is that OD was able to learn at the NHL level because there was a place for a 230 pound defenseman that could fight on every roster except Detroit's.

MacD would probably be an NHL regular with a decent amount of press box time 10 years ago. Pre-lockout would probably see him not spending too much time in the press box. Now we get to watch Vanillaberg instead and somehow everyone thinks this is progress and more exciting.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If MacD improves postionally and his edgework, he will make a solid player on the King roster. Dudes fast but sucks at pivoting.

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
I see allot of Dean the deal Kennedy in MacD

I played with Deano during some summers, super nice guy. And could have been a very good defenseman. But he spent 90% of his NHL career standing still and hooking everybody who was near him.

He was told from day 1 to move his feet, skate, use your feet to get into position. But all he did was try and hook everybody to slow them up.

It also didn't help that the idiot Don Perry was always in his ear about being tough when he was a rookie. Eventually he morphed into that #4/#5 slow/tough defenseman.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Looks more and more like my Eric Daze/Allison comparison except they got NHL time in before looking like they were 50.

Hope they can fix whatever the hell is wrong with him but, man, this is over a year now for the same issue.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Looks more and more like my Eric Daze/Allison comparison except they got NHL time in before looking like they were 50.

Hope they can fix whatever the hell is wrong with him but, man, this is over a year now for the same issue.

Not looking good that is for sure.

Trying to think of a toolbox analogy for this situation, "All the tools, great Shed, Foundation caved in?"

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Obviously hes taking it way easy so I won't judge the extent of the injury until a bit later but one does have to be a bit concerned about his long-term viability.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->