2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not sure why expectations would be for Jost to dominate. The AHL isn't as smart or skilled, but it's just as fast & more physical than the NHL. So all of those things that Jost will only be able to significantly address over the offseason, will still limit him in the AHL. His skill & craftiness will have more of an opportunity to shine through, but he has no confidence in his skill or craftiness atm, that'll take a little time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The expectation shouldn't be for Jost to dominate, but he does need to regain his confidence, and that likely has to come with some goals and assists.

Just playing well but not chipping in points would be fine for most prospects who aren't in a slump, but unfortunately Jost needs to do a little more to break out of this mentally.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not sure why expectations would be for Jost to dominate. The AHL isn't as smart or skilled, but it's just as fast & more physical than the NHL. So all of those things that Jost will only be able to significantly address over the offseason, will still limit him in the AHL. His skill & craftiness will have more of an opportunity to shine through, but he has no confidence in his skill or craftiness atm, that'll take a little time.

This is pretty true... I got to take in both games this weekend. Jost is going to have significant issues in the AHL as well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy, what a misfire Spencer Martin has been. I was actually relieved reading the box score of that 7-2 walloping the Eagles took last night by the Bakersfield Erik Johnsons and saw that it was Martin who let in the majority of those goals. If the stat sheet is anything to go by, Boikov and Geertsen (never should have cut yer hair dude) got lit up. Jost finally gets a point and was minus-1 on the night.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Boy, what a misfire Spencer Martin has been. I was actually relieved reading the box score of that 7-2 walloping the Eagles took last night by the Bakersfield Erik Johnsons and saw that it was Martin who let in the majority of those goals. If the stat sheet is anything to go by, Boikov and Geertsen (never should have cut yer hair dude) got lit up. Jost finally gets a point and was minus-1 on the night.

That might be the worst decision an avs' prospect has ever made.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Martin's knee injury his final junior season derailed his career. I don't think he ever fully got back his athleticism and he was a goalie that relied on that heavily.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
YEP, they just confirmed he will miss the AHL ASG due to injury.

Sorry...excuse me for a moment.

giphy.gif

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
That's one of the most Avs things to have happen.

I hate it when this place is right about stuff that just keeps getting ignored by management and staff.

Reactions: klozge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad