2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
When he comes back he needs to be put on the 2nd unit and in that spot.

Definitely looking like a big confidence thing at the NHL level. We haven't even seen him take shots like that at the NHL level. His skating needs work but he doesn't need skating for that shot on the PP. He just needs confidence.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Dylan Strome is the perfect example of fans jumping the gun and declaring a player a bust. Its unfortunate that Jost is going to take longer than we hoped to develop. But patience and development is the best route.

Reactions: McMetal

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dylan Strome is the perfect example of fans jumping the gun and declaring a player a bust. Its unfortunate that Jost is going to take longer than we hoped to develop. But patience and development is the best route.

Dylan Strome being competent for the hawks has been the biggest surprise of the season to me. I still don't understand how it's happening.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
When he comes back he needs to be put on the 2nd unit and in that spot.

Definitely looking like a big confidence thing at the NHL level. We haven't even seen him take shots like that at the NHL level. His skating needs work but he doesn't need skating for that shot on the PP. He just needs confidence.

This is why I have wanted him to focus on being more of a sniper like Skinner, and less focused on being a two way forward. I'd just like him to back check and complete his assignments within reason. He needs to change his mindset.

I blame Landeskog for Jost's failure lol. If he had not made that snark comment about Jost being bad defensively all would be right in the world. :sarcasm:

In reality, there plenty of other things holding him back though unfortunately.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Dylan Strome being competent for the hawks has been the biggest surprise of the season to me. I still don't understand how it's happening.
Hes talented and creative. Hes just not an aggressive player. Hes finally in a place that is handling him correctly and competently.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Strome would've never had the opportunity in Arizona, he would've busted there because he had the pressure of being the player to create offense. Chicago he gets to be the complimentary player to some very gifted offensive players.

I thought Perlini would have been the player that broken out with the Hawks, but he looks horrible for them. I still wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Perlini though.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Why wasn't francouz in the lineup yesterday? He wasn't even the backup.

Injury?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He’s passive & slow, how do you handle that competently?
Hes not that slow tbh. He hasn't been that passive in Chicago. I guess I just see it differently. He is engaged mentally which can be taken as passive if hes not flying around.He may not ever be a line driver but if he plays with those players he'll be a great complimentary center. Not a #1 on a cup winner or anything special.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Why Greer isn't a regular in the lineup is beyond me. The guy will make the other team pay along the boards and sticks up for his teammates. He doesn't handle the puck like a grenade either.
We see the impact Zads has on the boys, Greer would have a similar one.

But, Bedsy gonna Bedsy, I guess.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
AJ Greer career NHL stats:

27 GP
0 goals
4 assists
4 points (0.15 PPG)
10:36 ATOI

AJ Greer career AHL stats:

131 GP
36 goals
42 assists
78 points (0.60 PPG)
16:52 ATOI

I know he has played very limited minutes when Beds has even used him, but at some point he needs to show a little bit of the offense he has displayed in the AHL.

However, beyond the offensive struggles, my actual biggest issue with him when he’s played with the Avs is his lack of foot speed and jam. He has been watching the play and not engaging. A guy like AJ needs to be in on the forecheck like a dog on a bone. He has good speed for his size, but does a ton of watching and trailing.

It’s frustating because he has all of the tools to be a perfect bottom 6 player; size, speed, decent hands. Why doesn’t he bring it? Why has he been so passive?

Somebody needs to have a serious talk with him.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

27 GP
0 goals
4 assists
4 points (0.15 PPG)

131 GP
36 goals
42 assists
78 points (0.60 PPG)

I know he has played very limited minutes when Beds has even used him, but at some point he needs to show a little bit of the offense he has displayed in the AHL.

However, beyond the offensive struggles, my actual biggest issue with him when he’s played with the Avs is his lack of foot speed and jam. He has been watching the play and not engaging. A guy like AJ needs to be in on the forecheck like a dog on a bone. He has good speed for his size, but does a ton of watching and trailing.

It’s frustating because he has all of the tools to be a perfect bottom 6 player; size, speed, decent hands. Why doesn’t he bring it? Why has he been so passive?

Where did you get the AHL ice time stat at? I can never seem to find it when I look.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

27 GP
0 goals
4 assists
4 points (0.15 PPG)

131 GP
36 goals
42 assists
78 points (0.60 PPG)

I can't speak to what the problem is but the guy does look a little lost whenever he's playing in CO. He looks okay in the defensive zone, fights for pucks and moves them out, but in the attacking zone he gets a little passive. He veers into the slot area and waits for someone to get him a centering feed. I don't know if that's what they're telling him to do or if they're telling him anything at all, but he's definitely uncomfortable out there under Bednar.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Where did you get the AHL ice time stat at? I can never seem to find it when I look.

I don’t know if any of the stats are right, even the NHL ones. They’re from a twitter post, which would likely suggest they’re wrong.

I want his hits stats! Got those?

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I don’t know if any of the stats are right, even the NHL ones. They’re from a twitter post, which would likely suggest they’re wrong.

I want his hits stats! Got those?
Nah. They don't seem to track the good stuff.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

27 GP
0 goals
4 assists
4 points (0.15 PPG)

131 GP
36 goals
42 assists
78 points (0.60 PPG)

He has shown that he has better skill than NHL 4th liners almost every time he’s gotten a game. Playing with the Gorks of the world isn’t unlocking anyone’s offensive upside. It’s incumbent on a team to give its investments the opportunity to actually pay off instead of setting them up to fail...and AJ most certainly hasn’t been given a chance to produce thus far. He’s not an offensive driver, so harping on him for not being one seems silly. AJG’s value is as a complementary guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad