Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
That's strange? When I pull up the Cap Friendly site both those figures are 300K not 450K?

You're looking at the 'Minors salary' on the far right. It is true that Varone's minor league salary is $300,000. But below that on the left is his 'minimum guaranteed salary' - teams are starting to give this to AHL All-Star types who may or may not be called up during the course of a season. This gives the team a tiny incentive to call these guys up because they have to pay them extra for not having done so - although Varone would have to probably be on an NHL roster for 1/3rd of the season to actually clear the $450K threshold.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
You're looking at the 'Minors salary' on the far right. It is true that Varone's minor league salary is $300,000. But below that on the left is his 'minimum guaranteed salary' - teams are starting to give this to AHL All-Star types who may or may not be called up during the course of a season. This gives the team a tiny incentive to call these guys up because they have to pay them extra for not having done so - although Varone would have to probably be on an NHL roster for 1/3rd of the season to actually clear the $450K threshold.
Yes, when I go on the site that figure is 300K not 450K and his minor league salary says 250K. My eyes aren't that bad yet! I've gone on multiple times and refreshed it and it still comes up with those numbers not 450K? I go on it with my lap top and my phone, both come up with those numbers.

Last edited:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Yes, when I go on the site that figure is 300K not 450K and his minor league salary says 250K. My eyes aren't that bad yet! I've gone on multiple times and refreshed it and it still comes up with those numbers not 450K? I go on it with my lap top and my phone, both come up with those numbers.

If you go with your laptop, you should see 'Minimum guaranteed salary' beneath the total salary he's being paid. It's $450,000. I'm too lazy to screenshot, but it's hard to miss.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
If you go with your laptop, you should see 'Minimum guaranteed salary' beneath the total salary he's being paid. It's $450,000. I'm too lazy to screenshot, but it's hard to miss.
I don't know what to tell you. When I log on I come up with different numbers. I guess I'm not going to trust Cap Friendly numbers anymore.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't know what to tell you. When I log on I come up with different numbers. I guess I'm not going to trust Cap Friendly numbers anymore.
FWIW, on my PC, it shows 300k Minors Salary on the right and 450 guaranteed salary on the bottom.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
FWIW, on my PC, it shows 300k Minors Salary on the right and 450 guaranteed salary on the bottom.
That's really strange. I logged on two different PC's and my phone. They all come up with 300K guaranteed and 250K minor Salary?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
That's really strange. I logged on two different PC's and my phone. They all come up with 300K guaranteed and 250K minor Salary?

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
HJOioEx.jpg

Sure you guys are talking about the same player?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
United added a flight from Newark to Elmira NY, an hour long flight.

Elmira airport is around an hour drive to the Bing Arena.

The estimated drive from Prudential Center to the Bing Arena is 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
After thinking about this more, I'm convinced that Dennehy took the Pens ECHL job a couple months ago intentionally knowing we were going to hire him so we could say we pilfered another Penguins coach :naughty:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
After thinking about this more, I'm convinced that Dennehy took the Pens ECHL job a couple months ago intentionally knowing we were going to hire him so we could say we pilfered another Penguins coach :naughty:

Wonder how Ray returns the favor to Pitts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad