Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I’d like to let him marinade at least the rest of this season. I don’t see much development for him in the nhl this season.

Oh I'm by no means saying he should be up. He definitely should stay down, play big minutes the entire year, and then see where he's at next year. He's not going to play over any of the current centers up with the big club anyway.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
He plays an unconventional style. Makes moves and plays that you don't expect, both in a good and bad way. He puts his teammates offside like 3 times per game because he makes some weird moves on the blueline, but sometimes it fools the opposition and he can use his speed and size to take advantage. Sometimes it makes you shake your head and think "what the hell are you thinking kid?", though :laugh:. It could be him just figuring out what works at this level. Was inconsistent first part of the season but has put up a solid stretch lately, so hopefully he can find some consistency now. (8 Points in first 20 games, 11 in last 11.)
When he's on his game he can drive the play and control the puck well. Gaining the zone and dish it off to his team mates. Has been getting more physically involved in the play lately, laying out some big hits and getting involved more in board battles etc, which is nice to see. I feel like that gets the rest of his game going when he plays like that.

All in all, I find it hard to wrap my head around him as a player and say what he is and what he's going to become. He has the tools to be a good player, but he still feels somewhat raw. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I think it would be best for his development to stay down in bing for the rest of the year and be one of the go-to guys there. Play big minutes, all situations and figure stuff out.
This is the most spot-on analysis of his game that I've read. I have no idea what he's doing most of the time. Neither do his teammates or the other team. But he has been hustling hard, using his skill and size, and seeing some success down here.

I think he's shown the most growth out of anyone so far this year. He was damn near invisible at the start of the season, and now he's all over the ice contributing. Great to see for you NJ fans, because I know there were a lot of people writing him off way too early when he had his slow start.

(And we found out that he can hold his own in a fight :laugh:)

Reactions: My3Sons and bodda

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
This is the most spot-on analysis of his game that I've read. I have no idea what he's doing most of the time. Neither do his teammates or the other team. But he has been hustling hard, using his skill and size, and seeing some success down here.

I think he's shown the most growth out of anyone so far this year. He was damn near invisible at the start of the season, and now he's all over the ice contributing. Great to see for you NJ fans, because I know there were a lot of people writing him off way too early when he had his slow start.

(And we found out that he can hold his own in a fight :laugh:)
Stick him on a line with Wood up here in NJ. Maybe they're on the same wavelength that no-one else understands. If nothing else, they'd have speed to burn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad