Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I am, he played better than MBW

Blackwood is younger with a lot more promise.

Whether or not he develops remains to be seen, but I'd rather bet on him then Appleby. The fifth goalie is likely to be some older vet like Lack that can bring some stability to the AHL team.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Team is shaping up pretty nicely for next year

I'm guessing it's fairly unlikely that MacDonald will return given that he declined an NHL deal with us, which means we'll definitely need to bring in a veteran defender, preferably a RHD. Other than that I think another experienced center would be a good addition, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Latta.

What we have currently (ages included):

Seney (22) - McLeod (20) - Lappin (25)
Pietila (25) - Rooney (25) - Anderson (20)
Quenneville (22) - Schmelzer (24) - Speers (21)
Studenic (19) - Gignac (20) - Bastian (20)
Baddock (23) - Sharangovich (20) - Edwardh (23)

Strait (30) - Jacobs (22)
Sissons (20) - White (21)
Kapla (23) - Hammond (24)

Johnson (23)
Blackwood (21)

Obviously I assumed Sharangovich will come over from the KHL (based off Castron's comments). The defence looks pretty poor/inexperienced, losing MacDonald will really hurt if they don't find an adequate replacement. Obviously Yakovlev could be in the AHL too if things don't work out with the big club, plus it's also possible one or more of Seney, McLeod, Anderson & Quenneville find their way onto the NHL roster.

I'd definitely like to see them retain Latta just for some more experienced depth at center. The team looks great on the wings, perhaps a little young but extremely talented. Getting MacDonald back would be a huge boon but seems like a long shot at this point, thankfully they should be able to find a quality AHL defender in free agency. Outside of that and perhaps a veteran goalkeeper to push Blackwood/Johnson I don't see a lot of holes so i'm hoping the team should be much improved this coming season.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Is it confirmed that Kowalsky is returning for next year?

I haven't see any reports saying he is or he isn't, but I'm just curious.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I'm a little surprised that Ken Appleby was let go just cause I thought with Schneider not going to be ready to start the season I thought the Goalie tandem would be Kinkaid and Appleby. Wonder what we're gonna do.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
because he wants to get paiddddd but most people who watch him think he won't be anything more than AHL fodder, because his actual defense sucks.

If NJ offered him an ELC isn’t it more likely a clear path to the NHL thing? As mediocre as the D is he’s got competition in Butcher at LD and he had to watch Santini stifled at RD doen the stretch last year. That had to be discouraging.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Team is shaping up pretty nicely for next year

I'm guessing it's fairly unlikely that MacDonald will return given that he declined an NHL deal with us, which means we'll definitely need to bring in a veteran defender, preferably a RHD. Other than that I think another experienced center would be a good addition, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Latta.

What we have currently (ages included):

Seney (22) - McLeod (20) - Lappin (25)
Pietila (25) - Rooney (25) - Anderson (20)
Quenneville (22) - Schmelzer (24) - Speers (21)
Studenic (19) - Gignac (20) - Bastian (20)
Baddock (23) - Sharangovich (20) - Edwardh (23)

Strait (30) - Jacobs (22)
Sissons (20) - White (21)
Kapla (23) - Hammond (24)

Johnson (23)
Blackwood (21)

Obviously I assumed Sharangovich will come over from the KHL (based off Castron's comments). The defence looks pretty poor/inexperienced, losing MacDonald will really hurt if they don't find an adequate replacement. Obviously Yakovlev could be in the AHL too if things don't work out with the big club, plus it's also possible one or more of Seney, McLeod, Anderson & Quenneville find their way onto the NHL roster.

I'd definitely like to see them retain Latta just for some more experienced depth at center. The team looks great on the wings, perhaps a little young but extremely talented. Getting MacDonald back would be a huge boon but seems like a long shot at this point, thankfully they should be able to find a quality AHL defender in free agency. Outside of that and perhaps a veteran goalkeeper to push Blackwood/Johnson I don't see a lot of holes so i'm hoping the team should be much improved this coming season.

Need to add a few vets that have proven to score in the AHL

That's a bad AHL lineup that will lose a lot of games.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
"Devils Dominion"

I agree was not impressed with goalie Lack in the least last season in Binghamton...... I view his signing as a inexpensive 3rd goalie...... That is a hole in the Jersey system no capable 3rd goalie

I'd rather have Wedgwood than Lack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->