Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lol looks like a junior player playing with pee wees

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Wow that's dirty. Great to see Terry lighting it up down there. Hope he knows he really needs to work on strength too

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hello AHL, my name is Troy Terry and allow me to introduce myself

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
He obviously needs to get stronger to win in the corners/on the boards and to adapt to the speed of the game, but that game-winner is why I believe. Dude can stickhandle and create in a phone booth.

Reactions: AngelDuck

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Terry will not be in San Diego for the year.
Do you think so? I'd be kind of surprised myself, guy struggles to find much space or being able to deal with the physicality of the NHL (not a surprise given he's a rookie and doesn't have much muscle on him) - I think a full year in the AHL will do him much more good then coming back to the NHL this season. But if injuries pile up again they wouldn't have a choice

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Do you think so? I'd be kind of surprised myself, guy struggles to find much space or being able to deal with the physicality of the NHL (not a surprise given he's a rookie and doesn't have much muscle on him) - I think a full year in the AHL will do him much more good then coming back to the NHL this season. But if injuries pile up again they wouldn't have a choice
I`m leaning more on to this. He is not SO great of a skater to be able to just skate circles around anyone. In order for him to be able to use his skills to the maximum, he will need to get significantly stronger. Which is nothing wrong or bad, Rakell had the same problem, albeit RIcky was further in strenght-development at his age.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think later in the year, and if/when Silfverberg is traded, he will get another shot. You can see he’s a good player when his confidence is up, and when he’s not getting first line matchups, and BM sowcufucakky said he was sent down to get his confidence back.

QuackinQuaker

Jul 16, 2018
In hindsight, putting Terry with Getz and Rakell might've been the worst spot for him in the lineup. He always seemed like he was playing to not mess up instead of going out there and doing what comes natural to him. Playing against opposing #1s is also quite a trial by fire..

Now that he's playing with an edge (he looked like a played who knew he was the best player on the ice in those highlights).. maybe he carries that over in a 3rd line role when he's called back up? Definitely would love to see a Comtois Steel Terry look sometime this season.. A potential #1 line of the future if they all hit their ceilings.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
It seems as if Terry is having another big game right now 1 goal 1 assist 10 minutes left in third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad