2018-19 AHL Affiliate San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
How is that possible? Aren't the Oilers affiliated with the Blues?

A Troy Terry interview is featured on the AHL front page today.

I guess prospects can be assigned to whichever team, as long as the parent club is OK with that. Kinda like when Toronto sent Eric Fehr to San Diego instead of the Marlies last season.

We don't have an ECHL affiliate this season, so our prospects are split into a couple of teams:

Tulsa Oilers:
Amorosa
Forney
Moldenhauer
Soy
Sivak (attended SD camp)
Tesink (attended SD camp)

Reading Royals:
Redmond

yeah I was pretty pumped when I heard we were sending players to my local team. We're actually in 1st place in our division for the first time in forever. Amorosa and Moldenhauer are our top 2 scoring defenseman as well. Going to go to a few games soon. Hoping Soy is still here to check him out.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
The Gulls played 8 minutes of a solid game last night, and it turned out to be enough to beat the Colorado Eagles 4-3. Corey Tropp didn't appear on the scoresheet, but absolutely won the game for the Gulls with a huge open-ice hit that cleared the way for the GWG.

Maxime Comtois is skating for the Gulls tonight on a conditioning assignment, Fiore is out after taking a puck to the ankle(?) last night.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Wow over 40 shots on both sides of the ice. How does Sam Steel look? Jones seems to produce more than in juniors.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Jones had his best game of the season to date tonight - far more effective and involved in the play than I’d seen him earlier.

Steel didn’t stand out per. Se tonight, but was clearly part of a solid team effort as the Gulls had to defeat both the Eagles and the officials tonight. I’m not one to go to that line often, but tonight’s game was exhibit B in why it is a HORRIBLE idea to have the same officiating crew calling back-to-back games on back-to-back nights between the same teams.

Reactions: nilssont

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
This week in San Diego:

11/7: Gulls lose to Tucson 6-3.
11/9: Gulls defeat Colorado 3-4.
11/10: Gulls defeat Colorado 2-3.

San Diego improves to .545 PCT, but they are still only 5th in the AHL Pacific standings.
Gulls' goals on San Diego's twitter.

Top scorers:
Corey Tropp 2+10=12 (11GP, -3)
Sam Carrick 6+5=11 (10GP, -2)
Troy Terry 5+6=11 (8GP, +5)
Gio Fiore 4+3=7 (10GP, -2)
Kalle Kossila 3+4=7 (6GP, -2)

It's also interesting that Max Jones has 6 points (2+4) in his first 8 games, plus he has a team-leading +6 rating.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'm confused. What are the rules for signing guys with AHL contracts to NHL deals? I figure the Gulls wouldn't stop the Ducks from signing an AHL player from their team. But can the Jets just snatch a guy like this, or is a clause needed? Or does there have to be a mutual agreement between the Ducks/Jets/Gulls? Othwerise I wonder why this doesn't happen more often.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm confused. What are the rules for signing guys with AHL contracts to NHL deals? I figure the Gulls wouldn't stop the Ducks from signing an AHL player from their team. But can the Jets just snatch a guy like this, or is a clause needed? Or does there have to be a mutual agreement between the Ducks/Jets/Gulls? Othwerise I wonder why this doesn't happen more often.

i'd bet there's some type of clause in an AHL deal where they can leave for a deal that includes an NHL salary. That, or the Gulls/Ducks are happy in supporting a player who's been given another shot.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Elvs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Anyone who watches the Gulls who can tell us how Deven Sideroff is doing? 3rd round pick in 2015. Only had 8 points in 47 games last season but now already has reached half that amount in 9 games. Just a coincidence or did he take a step forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad