2018-19 AHL Affiliate San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
How did Larsson and Mahura look?

Larsson has to have a good year down there this year. I think if Mahura outplays him, he will be moved for scoring help or futures.

I know he's young but Fowler and Lindholm aren't going anywhere, Pettersson moved ahead of him, etc...just a numbers game at this point

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Neither of them particularly impressed, either in a positive or negative way in last night's game -- gonna take more observations to get a feel for them.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Based on how bad Pettersson has started the year I think he needs some AHL time to get back some confidence and learn how to skate backwards again. How have all the left shooting D for the Gulls looked so far? Any that could come up and potentially hold down a third pairing NHL spot?

Reactions: Elvs

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
You suggest sitting Pettersson and play Sustr-Schenn as a 3rd pair?

No, that's not what he's saying.

Based on how bad Pettersson has started the year I think he needs some AHL time to get back some confidence and learn how to skate backwards again. How have all the left shooting D for the Gulls looked so far? Any that could come up and potentially hold down a third pairing NHL spot?

Reactions: Paul4587 and Elvs

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I've only seen one game in person, but team D on the Gulls was quite suspect through that one home game -- and that was the one where they surrendered the fewest goals (3). In the other two, the Gulls have surrendered six goals at Tucson (coughing up a two-goal lead going into the 3rd) and five goals at Ontario (coughing up another two-goal lead in the third before winning in the SO)... So I wouldn't be looking to San Diego for any promising NHL-level defenseman performances at the moment. JMO, of course.

Reactions: Paul4587

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
From CBS Sports:

Kopacka is considered out indefinitely after sustaining a significant laceration on his wrist during Saturday's game against Ontario.
Kopacka's wrist was cut by a skate in a freak accident that left the 20-year-old in serious danger Saturday. No further details have been released by the Ducks' organization.

Sounds bad, I hope he recovers good, he had a nice start of the season and I think he can be an NHL player

Reactions: cheesymc

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Max is a wildcard. I still have really high hopes that he can become a middle six winger who can score 20 goals and agitate.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hults is a center, I feel like that deal was more just getting rid of a contract.
It feels like ther might be some under the table deal with Tampa for Dotchin. I haven`t looked into it why would it make sense, but I noticed we gave Hults away as soon as Dotchin cleared waivers.

As for Jones, I really don`t have too high expectations of him, but I am happy he is back as obviously I have nothing against him personally. I just haven`t seen him being offensively useful for quite a while which obviously has made me very suspicious of him. Hope he proves me wrong :) Like I said, with all that, I am happy he`s back.

Reactions: duxfan1101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad