2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well if you wouldn't want him on a free that makes sense. I thought you were a fan of di Maria in the past though.

I don't understand though, if Neymar's release clause is 220M, why would PSG have to give up something more. Unless they now view di Maria as a negative.

If they pay the release clause, they would have to pay an additional tax, and they would have to pay it up front, at least from how I understand it. If Barca agrees to a payment plan, then the cost would be higher.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If they pay the release clause, they would have to pay an additional tax, and they would have to pay it up front, at least from how I understand it. If Barca agrees to a payment plan, then the cost would be higher.

Would the tax be a percentage of the buyout clause or is it a set fee?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well if you wouldn't want him on a free that makes sense. I thought you were a fan of di Maria in the past though.

I don't understand though, if Neymar's release clause is 220M, why would PSG have to give up something more. Unless they now view di Maria as a negative.

I rated him to some degree and I thought he'd bring something to PSG. Indeed he did against us in that first leg last season, however he hasn't brought enough. Anyway, I've never liked him and still don't. What's more they should be looking at other options. If management brings him in it smacks of a short term solution and poor planning on top of worse business than they should get by negotiating a deal for Neymar. As I've posted I would get all cash. Then I'd see what I can do with it. Both Dembele and Dybala would be considerations.

It's like I've said, if they have to go the buyout route it's 222 million and likely taxes on top of that to the tune of 111 million. The 222 million (and likely the tax I would imagine) would all have to be paid up front and right away and that apparently doesn't work for them with FFP and this being their second offense could mean getting the boot from the CL. However if PSG can get Barça to negotiate a transfer they can likely make it work as Barça could agree to taking the money in installments. 220 million say even in just two payments works much better for them and they don't have to pay the tax on that. This is why I posted yesterday that if PSG come calling to negotiate Barça should jack up the figure a lot. 300 million over say five years would work much better for PSG and allow the deal to go through.

Almost every transfer is in installments, so if they simply pay the buyout up front they're total idiots.

As was posted, the buyout isn't a transfer though and it would have to be paid in full up front. The money would have to go to Neymar and he'd have to pay the clause, but he has to pay it in full.

PSG would do well to negotiate because I'm sure they can get a better deal and get everything sorted out right away. Barça's management probably wouldn't get what they should out of the deal (which is significantly more than 222 million) and so it works out better for PSG.

All of that said, one might question the wisdom of the Neymar move overall when you look at the money involved. PSG can "afford" it, but it's not a sure thing to their ruling Europe.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Qatar is going to give Neymar 300 million dollars for him to be headlining the 2022 World Cup and he will then pay his own release clause. It's to avoid FFP.

That's crazy how a country is paying for a transfer/...

Would be hilarious if Brazil doesn't make it to the WC (highly unlikely I know).

If this deal goes through, fair to say Qatar will make sure Brazil will at least make it to the final :sarcasm:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
It's like I've said, if they have to go the buyout route it's 222 million and likely taxes on top of that to the tune of 111 million. The 222 million (and likely the tax I would imagine) would all have to be paid up front and right away and that apparently doesn't work for them with FFP and this being their second offense could mean getting the boot from the CL. However if PSG can get Barça to negotiate a transfer they can likely make it work as Barça could agree to taking the money in installments. 220 million say even in just two payments works much better for them and they don't have to pay the tax on that. This is why I posted yesterday that if PSG come calling to negotiate Barça should jack up the figure a lot. 300 million over say five years would work much better for PSG and allow the deal to go through.

Wait, who is collecting the 110 million tax in the end? Is it Barca? Or do they have to pay it indirectly to some governing authority?

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Matic will be a good pick up for United. I also enjoyed Mourinhos hair loss jab at Conte. Gotta say though, Matic could learn a thing or two about fighting for a place in the side from Fabregas.

I've been happy with who Chelsea has added so far, but they haven't really created the depth Conte was after by letting a bunch of players leave. I trust that Conte will get the best from Bakayoko and take his game up another level.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wait, who is collecting the 110 million tax in the end? Is it Barca? Or do they have to pay it indirectly to some governing authority?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Neymar has to pay it. He has to pay the clause. It's discussed as PSG paying the clause because they would presumably give the 222 million to Neymar so that he can pay it. So I would assume they'd also have to pay him the ~111 million in tax money to pay as well.

I would just note that I read somewhere that tax wouldn't have to be paid do to a change in legislation, but I don't know. So many aspects and so many stories at this stage that it's tough to know what to believe.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didn't get all the fuss about Barca and La Liga (lol) saying they wanted to sue PSG. Didn't make sense to me, especially after decades of Real or Barca pillaging smaller teams.

Now I understand better if what I read is true : Qatar will give Neymar 300M to be the WC ambassador. With those 300M, he'll pay his release clause of 220M and "free himself". Then he'll sign with PSG.

That is indeed a way of cheating FFP rules, which isn't fair, hence the suing talk.

With that said, when spanish teams made loan after loan and bought players for insane money before the FFP, this didn't shock anyone.
But indeed, under FFP rules, this is cheating.
Hopefully, they get rid of those FFP rules and get themselves a real tool to limit transfer madness.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And now PSG want another star. Either Sanchez or Mbappe. They're still very much negociating with both and want at least one.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Aurier would be a welcome addition but I'm not sure if it's a wise move if we're serious about re-signing Zlatan in January.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
And now PSG want another star. Either Sanchez or Mbappe. They're still very much negociating with both and want at least one.

There's no way Arsenal is selling Sanchez without a backup plan to replace him and odds are it's probably one of Mahrez or Lemar.

I'd rather we keep Sanchez for the full year, regain a spot in the top #4 and lose him on a free transfer then sell him now, not have enough time to replace him and miss out on a CL berth for the second straight year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The Telegraph reporting that Jadon Sancho has not reported to Man City training for multiple times and is wanting a move out due to Pep not including him for friendly games. Some think he wants a substantial raise in contract, but it seems he just wants to be with the first team full time. Arsenal are the frontrunners for him with Spurs and BVB following up.

I think that poster is getting all his sources from Goal.com and then keeps posting them here with "done" next to them. Two weeks ago he said that Sanchez was confirmed to Man City and two hours later another poster posted a more relible rumour reporting that Alexis wanted 500K contract from Citeh.

There's no way Arsenal is selling Sanchez without a backup plan to replace him and odds are it's probably one of Mahrez or Lemar.

I'd rather we keep Sanchez for the full year, regain a spot in the top #4 and lose him on a free transfer then sell him now, not have enough time to replace him and miss out on a CL berth for the second straight year.
This would be the dumbest thing to do in history as we all learned from BVB and Lewandowski. If he wants out, then sell his ass and get the funds to potentially go after and steal Griezmann from United once Atletico isn't banned anymore. Or perhaps penny up to Lemar's price tag and a 50 million pound Alexis fee would pay 70% of it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just from my perspective, I think Man United has enough on the wings, and too many forwards, they need more full-backs.

Mkhitaryan is a 90 minute player at RW in all the important games, and then you have Lingard supplement him as a back up, if need be. On the other wing, Rashford starts, not his ideal position, but he can start and Martial can be his back up. Mata plays central attacking midfield, if you want a more attacking presence in the lineup instead of Matic or Herrera. If not, he's a back up. So just from my perspective, everything covered there.

At the full-back positions, I still think Man United's weak there. If Mourinho hates Shaw, you need a new starter there. Blind is a platoon player, not a starter. And while the Valencia experiment seems to be going okay, I'm not sure I think he's a great RB or anything like that. Darmian isn't that good either.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BVB holding onto Lewa is one of the shrewdest and most ballsy decisions Watzke has ever made...even if he only made it because of the Gotze thing

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sancho visited Dortmund's training center in June. We could free up a role for him. Mor seems to want out, he might want to leave instead of be loaned out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sancho is still very young to be doing something like this. Seems a bit petulant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad