2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
According to the Telegraph and Evening Standard, Chelsea are making a 2-year loan offer for Renato Sanches. The Telegraph has Chelsea still going for Sandro, Ox, and for some reason Barkley.

That's pretty odd. Chelsea seems like too big a club to develop players for others, but with how good Sanches had just looked against them, maybe they think it's worth it for the two years of service they'd get. Thankfully, Rummenigge made it pretty clear that Bayern isn't interested in any buy options. Who knows, but I'd still guess he goes to a smaller club than that, at least.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
That's pretty odd. Chelsea seems like too big a club to develop players for others, but with how good Sanches had just looked against them, maybe they think it's worth it for the two years of service they'd get. Thankfully, Rummenigge made it pretty clear that Bayern isn't interested in any buy options. Who knows, but I'd still guess he goes to a smaller club than that, at least.

Yes and he complained about getting not enough playing time with Bayern but I don't see much more time on the pitch for him at Chelsea....especially when Bakayoko comes back from injury

Jul 7, 2009

Would be crazy if Sandro left. Wouldn't that be 3 of their starting defenders gone from last year?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There is nothing necessarily wrong with Spurs current plans as long as players don't get injured. If players do get injured, they will feel it hard. It will destroy their season more than any other club with injuries.

But in the current English market and approach to English teams, he can say what he wants about big money, if he's not spending big money he probably isn't spending. Every selling team is expecting to get rich off this league.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
In transfer news, Roma bid £27m for Mahrez, it was rejected, and now they're looking at other targets.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
So Neymar's father will apparently be owed €25m if he is still a Barca player on July 31 as a "loyalty clause" and might just be waiting until after that to have him move to PSG. :laugh:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
So Neymar's father will apparently be owed €25m if he is still a Barca player on July 31 as a "loyalty clause" and might just be waiting until after that to have him move to PSG. :laugh:

Apparently he will also receive 30M from PSG next week if/when this move goes through. Giving Raiola a run for his money

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
There is nothing necessarily wrong with Spurs current plans as long as players don't get injured. If players do get injured, they will feel it hard. It will destroy their season more than any other club with injuries.

But in the current English market and approach to English teams, he can say what he wants about big money, if he's not spending big money he probably isn't spending. Every selling team is expecting to get rich off this league.

Injured or just have an off year.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
European soccer could really use some continent-wide regulation/oversight when it comes to these deals and especially agent fees etc..

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
European soccer could really use some continent-wide regulation/oversight when it comes to these deals and especially agent fees etc..

Yea, wouldn't that be something...

det_fallback.jpg

:rolleyes:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Off year is where my money is given the stadium move.

Could be in for a rough summer next year if they miss CL football and teams come calling for Alli, Dier, and Kane.

And even if their players don't have off years, they've lost their starting right back and every other team around them has gotten better with the arguable exception of Everton. Players brought in to those teams include Lacazette, Salah, Lukaku, Bakayoko, Walker, Danilo, Morata, Rüdiger, Mendy, B. Silva, and Lindelof, amongst others.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
And even if their players don't have off years, they've lost their starting right back and every other team around them has gotten better with the arguable exception of Everton. Players brought in to those teams include Lacazette, Salah, Lukaku, Bakayoko, Walker, Danilo, Morata, Rüdiger, Mendy, B. Silva, and Lindelof, amongst others.

But they have the best striker, best midfielder, and best youth players.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
But they have the best striker, best midfielder, and best youth players.

I feel like you're being tongue in cheek, but just in case...

Striker: the argument can definitely be made and I'd probably agree.
Midfielder: LOL no (both because Alli isn't a midfielder and because even if he was he's 100% not the best)
Youth players: meh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man City and Chelsea have the best youth academies in England by far.

I don't know if Kane is the best striker but he certainly fits the team he is on the best.

Midfielder is also a very broad term.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Could be in for a rough summer next year if they miss CL football and teams come calling for Alli, Dier, and Kane.

No chance Harry leaves.

Your criticism would be fair if the transfer window were closed.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Well. Rather simplified way of evaluating things.

Different teams will have different needs at different times.

If you got obvious holes in your team - sure - transfers matter - if you don´t.....

I hope Spurs bring in one or two young players that might work out like Dier and Alli, but the team is well set for this season regardless. More a question of always filling up the assembly line for the future.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No chance Harry leaves.

I think Kane would likely stay, but I could see Dier, Alli, and Eriksen leaving if there's no CL and they have years that warrant looks from bigger teams.

Of course. And if they make moves, I'll take everything I say back. But they haven't really been linked to too much beyond Barkley, plus Pochettino/Levy are indicating that they aren't going to be too active in the market.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No chance Harry leaves.

I think Kane stays too, he's probably the easiest to keep a hold of because of his ties to the club, but still if you have Alli, Dier, and Eriksen leave and someone like United or Madrid comes and says they'll triple his salary, that's a hard offer to turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad