2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The only solution would be to avoid any contact with pro football. No game watched on TV, no jersey bought, etc...
I've thought about it quite a few times. I never did because I love the sport, no matter how horrible it has become on almost all fronts (including the on-pitch product BTW, with stupid UEFA's competitions made for only 4 clubs).
This sport has degenerated to a degree of unwatchable at times. But since I'm naive enough, I keep on watching all the time in hopes of a change which will now never come.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haidara to St Etienne.
Don't know how he has come back from his injury with Newcastle.
I know there are some Magpies fans here. Any comment?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sancho was bought from Watford at the age of 15. City have barely played a part in his progression. Diaz was bought from Malaga at the age of 14.

For all the talent they reap away from clubs, about 1% actually make the squad. City alone had nine loan outs playing in the Eredivisie this past season. They just buy promising players for the 300k educational fee and sell them a few years later for a couple of millions without them even sniffing the first team. I doubt highly touted Dutchies Dilrosun, Kongolo and even Aké made a very wise decision.

Edit: Aké plays for Chelsea, never mind him.

...14-19 are kind of important developmental years...

It's been a weird week on this board...

Who knew my post about the privileges white folks enjoy in america wouldn't even be the most controversial thing written on here this week.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I agree with Evilo's basic point that you can't really avoid exploitation. But I still think the Qataris are worse.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
The only solution would be to avoid any contact with pro football. No game watched on TV, no jersey bought, etc...
I've thought about it quite a few times. I never did because I love the sport, no matter how horrible it has become on almost all fronts (including the on-pitch product BTW, with stupid UEFA's competitions made for only 4 clubs).
This sport has degenerated to a degree of unwatchable at times. But since I'm naive enough, I keep on watching all the time in hopes of a change which will now never come.
Unwatchable? It's not that bad

The NBA has become inwatchable.

Baseball has always been unwatchable (but to be fair to Baseball, it's not a sport)

I think soccer is fine

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Okay evilo I've watched Baka play like twice and he wasn't impressive in the games I've watched.

But I'll ask you since you've seen him a lot

Is bakayoko currently a better player than Matic?

Is bakayoko a better fit next to Kante than Matic?

Does bakayoko have a ton of room for growth? Or is he close to a finished product?

Is Bakayoko a better fit in a 3 man midfield or 2 man midfield?

Would you have essentially swapped Matic for Bakayoko and 5m like chelsea did or have kept Matic? If given the option to spend the money on a different midfielder to pair next to kante, say up to a ~60m budget.. who would you have spent it on?

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Haidara to St Etienne.
Don't know how he has come back from his injury with Newcastle.
I know there are some Magpies fans here. Any comment?

He's been injured forever so we really haven't seen much of him either. Honestly, if the injuries haven't affected him he's a decent defender; he doesn't offer much going forward up the pitch. I also hate our current starting LB so I wish we would have kept him. Haidara didn't look to out of place in the Prem and should be able to do a decent job for St Etienne.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Dunno why Chelsea are being cheap. Sell him for less to another club but ffs stop selling players directly to your rival.

There's like a hundred first divisions in the world all available to watch online via streaming, if you can't pick one then it's your fault. I much prefer today's ****** looking tattoeed footballers to the days of Alan Shearer being able to score at will because the league was weak.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's been injured forever so we really haven't seen much of him either. Honestly, if the injuries haven't affected him he's a decent defender; he doesn't offer much going forward up the pitch. I also hate our current starting LB so I wish we would have kept him. Haidara didn't look to out of place in the Prem and should be able to do a decent job for St Etienne.
I remember him from his Nancy days. But recovering from this kind of injury can be tough.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah I don't get the complaints about the on pitch product. There's never been so many talented players across all leagues. Regardless of the system there's a lot of beautiful soccer to watch.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Okay evilo I've watched Baka play like twice and he wasn't impressive in the games I've watched.

But I'll ask you since you've seen him a lot

Is bakayoko currently a better player than Matic?

Is bakayoko a better fit next to Kante than Matic?

Does bakayoko have a ton of room for growth? Or is he close to a finished product?

Is Bakayoko a better fit in a 3 man midfield or 2 man midfield?

Would you have essentially swapped Matic for Bakayoko and 5m like chelsea did or have kept Matic? If given the option to spend the money on a different midfielder to pair next to kante, say up to a ~60m budget.. who would you have spent it on?

I think he's better than Matic in some aspects. Physically, going forward, in the air, etc...
But it took him a while to shine with Monaco. He's also coming back from injury.
In a 442 like Monaco I like him better than Matic.
In a 433 no idea.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I don't get the complaints about the on pitch product. There's never been so many talented players across all leagues. Regardless of the system there's a lot of beautiful soccer to watch.

4 teams get the biggest talents. It's dreadful.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Can't help but feel Matic will be a great signing for us. We've missed a defensive anchor in midfield for the longest time. He'll give more chances for Pogba and Herrera to push up and play a more offensive role. Expecting a big season for Paul now.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Can't help but feel Matic will be a great signing for us. We've missed a defensive anchor in midfield for the longest time. He'll give more chances for Pogba and Herrera to push up and play a more offensive role. Expecting a big season for Paul now.

I dont like selling matic to a rival

We are now a midfielder short.. again

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't think Chelsea sells Matic to United if they think that he will hurt them.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We've sold Mata, Cech, Matic, and others to rivals. We'd rather do right by the player than refuse to sell to a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad