2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No real "how dare they" here, they're just wasting their time unless Coutinho is to go on strike. If he's not going to, they should move on.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea interested in Drinkwater

Surprisingly I'm okay with this

Homegrown, will be okay with bench position and known good fit next to Kante.

.. as long as the fee is below 20m.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea interested in Drinkwater

Surprisingly I'm okay with this

Homegrown, will be okay with bench position and known good fit next to Kante.

.. as long as the fee is below 20m.

Yeah, Chelsea just needs someone that is homegrown, will accept a rotational role, and can reasonably fit the style if called upon.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How reliable is he for English/Liverpool rumours? Some conflicting reports out there at the moment

The only thing possibly conflicting is the exact amount of the bid. Everything else is pretty much dead on and everyone is telling the same story.

Klopp says he isn't going to be sold, Coutinho has given zero indication he's unhappy or wants out this summer, and Barca keeps bidding hoping Liverpool finally says yes.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Aurier could regain form/put the off-field stuff behind him, he'd be a great signing. Backup Valencia for now, possibly play on the left side a bit in cup games for match fitness, or fill in at CB in a pinch.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
The only thing possibly conflicting is the exact amount of the bid. Everything else is pretty much dead on and everyone is telling the same story.

Klopp says he isn't going to be sold, Coutinho has given zero indication he's unhappy or wants out this summer, and Barca keeps bidding hoping Liverpool finally says yes.

Not sure if Barca have made another bid, James Pearce just said they haven't made a 2nd offer of €90M. But yeah, this isn't in the cards for Barto, Coutinho is happy there and it will take something ridiculous to get Klopp's attention.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Aurier could regain form/put the off-field stuff behind him, he'd be a great signing. Backup Valencia for now, possibly play on the left side a bit in cup games for match fitness, or fill in at CB in a pinch.

Don't see him backup anyone if he's back to form.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Barca would be better if they eventually signed Dembele, Dybala, and Seri/another CM by next summer tbh.

I bet if Juve saw Barca with 220M+ from the Neymar sale that they'd demand almost all of it for Dybala though. I'm skeptical Barca could get both Dembele and Dybala for just the Neymar money. Will be interesting to see though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
PSG after Dendoncker.

Lame. He's been connected to RB for a bit now to. Hopefully he'd rather start for RB in the CL than sit on PSG's bench at this point in his career; as even though money isn't a problem for RB they still don't pay that crazy of wages...yet...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lame. He's been connected to RB for a bit now to. Hopefully he'd rather start for RB in the CL than sit on PSG's bench at this point in his career; as even though money isn't a problem for RB they still don't pay that crazy of wages...yet...

Keita replacement :)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I didn't get all the fuss about Barca and La Liga (lol) saying they wanted to sue PSG. Didn't make sense to me, especially after decades of Real or Barca pillaging smaller teams.

Now I understand better if what I read is true : Qatar will give Neymar 300M to be the WC ambassador. With those 300M, he'll pay his release clause of 220M and "free himself". Then he'll sign with PSG.

That is indeed a way of cheating FFP rules, which isn't fair, hence the suing talk.

With that said, when spanish teams made loan after loan and bought players for insane money before the FFP, this didn't shock anyone.
But indeed, under FFP rules, this is cheating.
Hopefully, they get rid of those FFP rules and get themselves a real tool to limit transfer madness.

I've not seen anything about Barça suing PSG. I've seen that they and La Liga might go to UEFA as regards PSG signing Neymar and FFP.

As for your example, the loans you're referring to are old. On top of that the revenue the respective clubs generate covers them. If PSG as a club, and not with the help of it's owners, was able to financially make the Neymar transfer happen within FFP then there wouldn't presumably be an issue. As it stands it sounds like they may not and from what I've read UEFA will be looking into the transfer regardless of Barça or La Liga.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I've not seen anything about Barça suing PSG. I've seen that they and La Liga might go to UEFA as regards PSG signing Neymar and FFP.

As for your example, the loans you're referring to are old. On top of that the revenue the respective clubs generate covers them. If PSG as a club, and not with the help of it's owners, was able to financially make the Neymar transfer happen within FFP then there wouldn't presumably be an issue. As it stands it sounds like they may not and from what I've read UEFA will be looking into the transfer regardless of Barça or La Liga.

1/ Barca suing : it's all over the papers here.
2/ Loans : yes as I said, before the FFP.
3/ yes too much spending so they wouldn't comply to FFP. So the way they say **** you to UEFA is obvious if Neymar is using his 300M.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, I've read the claim that Barca will report Psg. Not sure if I buy it, I could see it considering te board but they would be just making a fool out of themselves.

FFP is a joke and should be treated as one. If I were PSG I'd laugh in their face if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad