2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Interesting times when a keeper is being quoted at 100m.

Kind of weird for PSG to ask though, no chance Atleti considers it with their transfer ban.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
100m for a keeper...no way. But if PSG wants your keeper you should make them pay 100m. Why not?

Yep. At this point I'd probably ask a minimum of 100M from PSG for any player at any position.

Odd now to think we were ridiculing City for paying 40M+ for every player earlier this summer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barca really do need to get moving. Still a lot of holes and lack of depth in their roster, and all of their best players are 28-30. Just a lot of mistakes left on that roster.

There aren't a lot of holes and it's a lack of quality depth to a degree. The roster does need to be purged of a lot of the dead wood. Still I can see guys like Roberto, Samper and Deulofeu making a difference. Deulofeu playing a full season in Neymar's spot would be very interesting. He obviously wouldn't match up to what Neymar did, but I think he'd provide plenty of creativity and I'd be very curious to see what he does. I'd also add Alena who I think if given a shot with some good rotation time would show up despite his age and experience. Anyway, the starting XI isn't a big concern.

The clock is ticking, yes. Still time to get some work done. They should have been working a lot more in July though but the Neymar saga seemed to be a distraction. It shouldn't have been really. I'll be curious to see what happens in the next 7-8 days. I think that if you cleared out the players that need to go you could land a CM and a particular LB rather quickly. CB could probably done quickly as well. That would leave spending the Neymar money which if you get down to it you hammer out a deal or two, though there they need to be careful. You accomplish that, which is realistic if they're willing to make the right moves, and you have some proven quality at pretty young ages. I realize this isn't Football Manager, but good players could be attainable at prices the club could afford.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
West Ham signs some 18 year old Montenegran from Sweden, Sead Haksabanovic.

Hopefully he hits the ground running like Toni Martinez has.
One could hope for. As long as he doesn't go the typical young Hammers player way.. A couple of cup game subs, out on loan, another loan and released..

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
There aren't a lot of holes and it's a lack of quality depth to a degree. The roster does need to be purged of a lot of the dead wood. Still I can see guys like Roberto, Samper and Deulofeu making a difference. Deulofeu playing a full season in Neymar's spot would be very interesting. He obviously wouldn't match up to what Neymar did, but I think he'd provide plenty of creativity and I'd be very curious to see what he does. I'd also add Alena who I think if given a shot with some good rotation time would show up despite his age and experience. Anyway, the starting XI isn't a big concern.

The clock is ticking, yes. Still time to get some work done. They should have been working a lot more in July though but the Neymar saga seemed to be a distraction. It shouldn't have been really. I'll be curious to see what happens in the next 7-8 days. I think that if you cleared out the players that need to go you could land a CM and a particular LB rather quickly. CB could probably done quickly as well. That would leave spending the Neymar money which if you get down to it you hammer out a deal or two, though there they need to be careful. You accomplish that, which is realistic if they're willing to make the right moves, and you have some proven quality at pretty young ages. I realize this isn't Football Manager, but good players could be attainable at prices the club could afford.

Yeah, they don't really have holes, just no remarkable backups and a couple weaker spots in the starting 11. The team is still great, and they'll probably benefit a lot just from having a summer off for once. I'd just be worried how they'll replace those guys in the 28-30 range given how much they've struggled to replace Xavi and Iniesta the past two or three years. Better to find young top talents who can grow into those roles now than have to replace Messi, Busquets, Suarez, and Pique when they're all 32 or 33. Given the quality of those players, it might take several years to find and sign half suitable replacements. A new less corrupt and more competent board would help for sure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe it was a distraction but it still is because Barca still hasn't sent back the transfer agreement papaer, thus blocking Neymar from playing this weekend (if not given by friday).

Once again, Barca act like sore losers.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe it was a distraction but it still is because Barca still hasn't sent back the transfer agreement papaer, thus blocking Neymar from playing this weekend (if not given by friday).

Once again, Barca act like sore losers.

Or a bunch of idiots. Or maybe they're stalling until the window closes. Stupid like a fox!

Seriously though speaking of idiots what happened with Tebas plan of not accept the transfer fee, he realized how stupid it was and backed off?

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Or a bunch of idiots. Or maybe they're stalling until the window closes. Stupid like a fox!

Seriously though speaking of idiots what happened with Tebas plan of not accept the transfer fee, he realized how stupid it was and backed off?

I thought Neymar paid it directly to Barca and they accepted.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I thought Neymar paid it directly to Barca and they accepted.

Last I heard Tebas genius plan of keeping star players in the league was to breach contract obligations. He could be better served in improving his league by hiring refs with the ability of sight and video replay. Nah let's stick with criminal activity... that's how things are done in La liga.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe needs replacing now? There's no hope for retaining him? If so Barca should be all over that. **** off madrid and replace Neymar. 2 stones

He has asked for a transfer. He's apparently very close to PSG, but 1/ I have no idea how PSG would make it work and 2/ I doubt Monaco sells to PSG.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Mbappe needs replacing now? There's no hope for retaining him? If so Barca should be all over that. **** off madrid and replace Neymar. 2 stones

Apparently PSG are the lead contenders for Mbappe too lol. It was reported a couple days back that they have a personal agreement with him. I've also seen that Madrid were unlikely to go after him this summer. They'd probably need to sell Bale as well to make room for him. City might have a shot.

Otherwise Mbappe should just go next summer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hmmm that's all well and good but Barca should definitely continue to offer Coutinho inane amount of money only to be rejected.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hmmm that's all well and good but Barca should definitely continue to offer Coutinho inane amount of money only to be rejected.

Come to think of it, Barca should probably be aggressive courting Mbappe this summer with the Neymar money. Not a Neymar style player at all but Messi can adapt to anyone.

PSG and City have both spent around €240M this summer. Not sure they could spend another €180M without getting in trouble with FFP, as lax as it is. Madrid want to buy him next summer and not sell Bale now.

Jul 7, 2009
J

Apperantly Barca has represntives in England to close the deal. Getting linked to every god damn player is annoying.

They are saying Raül Sanllehí who people are saying the main man when it comes to signings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad