2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transf...o-sell-philippe-coutinho-to-barcelona-sources

Barcelona have reached an agreement with Liverpool to sign Philippe Coutinho after the Brazilian put pressure on the Premier League club to let him leave, sources close to the Catalan club told ESPN Deportes' Jordi Blanco.

Coutinho is set to join Barca for a base fee of €90 million (£81.6m), with bonuses that could bring the deal to €120m (£108.8m), as the Catalan club begin to spend the €222m they received from Paris Saint-Germain for Neymar last week.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Last I heard a couple of days ago was that the league hadn't sent the paperwork, and I think you yourself posted this as well, and that they had a week to send it. Not saying it isn't Barça, but that was the last I read.

Read it was Barca and that they had up to 30 days.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
ESPN has ran with it yesterday and today.

Bild apparently saying Barcelona meeting with Dortmund on Dembele.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Speaking of Zenit, they loaned Hernani to St. Etienne. Used to really like him, don't know how he progressed/regressed in his time in Russia. Still kind of young, if there's a buy clause, that could be a nice deal for all involved.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Speaking of Zenit, they loaned Hernani to St. Etienne. Used to really like him, don't know how he progressed/regressed in his time in Russia. Still kind of young, if there's a buy clause, that could be a nice deal for all involved.

He was pretty bad recently and lost his spot on the team

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Liverpool likes Ziyech and Pulisic to replace Coutinho. Will BVB sell both Pulisic and Dembele though?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Unlikely that Pulisic would move, IMO. Ziyech would be an interesting choice; the talent is certainly there though I'm still sour on the whole for how the KNVB and him handled his NT allegiance/call-ups. Though I do mostly blame the KNVB for mishandling the situation so badly.

I'd have to think that we'd get more than Ziyech with the Coutinho/Keita/vvD money though.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's stupid money, but selling him (if it happens) is dumb. They probably finish about the same in the table (no VVD and they're not getting near top 4) but it's hard to lose your most talented player a few days before the first match and not feel like it's a tragedy. There will be riots.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't think Coutinho is Barca quality, but in the games down the stretch he was really ****ing good last year IMO. Liverpool are in a world of hurt if he leaves.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ha! "Easily". 76 points vs 75 points. "Easily". I feel bad for the ridicule you will get if Liverpool don't make top 4.

But then again you survived gems like Henderson = top 5 midfielder and Ibe > Sterling.

Unlike most when I say things, right or wrong, I own up to them and I also actually provide more than just sour one liners or attacking statements to things other people say. Henderson is a top 5 player in his role, and I still maintain that when he's healthy. Ibe stagnated and Sterling is clearly better, but they're also still very young.

As far as the point thing is concerned Arsenal had to win 5 games in a row and 7 of their last 8 just to finish 1 point behind Liverpool. Why is it that Liverpool is being looked as some kind of fluke into the top 4 and you're so optimistic about Arsenal or something? That includes a time when both Coutinho, Mane and Matip were injured as well having AFCON issues and Lovren getting injured, Henderson getting injured, and Firmino having injury/legal troubles in the middle of the season when we went on a terrible run of form. If anything Liverpool were unlucky to finish as low as they did considering their injury/fitness/squad depth woes. The team this year will be deeper, and in theory should be healthier as well as just better overall and more developed together.

But to each their own.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I haven't seen any of the journalists who I find really trustworthy say anything other than Liverpool won't sell. Obv all the media hysteria makes me a bit worried but until somone like Pearce or Reddy say deal is done I won't believe it.

If they sell I will be ****ing pissed

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Unlike most when I say things, right or wrong, I own up to them and I also actually provide more than just sour one liners or attacking statements to things other people say. Henderson is a top 5 player in his role, and I still maintain that when he's healthy. Ibe stagnated and Sterling is clearly better, but they're also still very young.

As far as the point thing is concerned Arsenal had to win 5 games in a row and 7 of their last 8 just to finish 1 point behind Liverpool. Why is it that Liverpool is being looked as some kind of fluke into the top 4 and you're so optimistic about Arsenal or something? That includes a time when both Coutinho, Mane and Matip were injured as well having AFCON issues and Lovren getting injured, Henderson getting injured, and Firmino having injury/legal troubles in the middle of the season when we went on a terrible run of form. If anything Liverpool were unlucky to finish as low as they did considering their injury/fitness/squad depth woes. The team this year will be deeper, and in theory should be healthier as well as just better overall and more developed together.

But to each their own.

Except Arsenal and other teams have made signings to improve their team. And how can you guess that they will be healthier? Injuries happen and Klopp's style of play is physically taxing on players.

The transfer window isn't over yet but for you to be so confident that Liverpool will finish top 4 when they're about to lose Coutinho and missing out on their top targets so far is baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->