2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
TFM to Crystal Palace on loan. Good move for all concerned. I guess this pretty much confirms a RB coming in, Aurier or someone else.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
...and in news from White Hart Lane.

giphy.gif

Do they have enough bodies for a full squad even?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Virgil Van Dijk has formally submitted a transfer request.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Barca should throw 40M at OM for Maxime Lopez. If they don't agree, they'd negociate at around 50M. He's made for them.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Joyce says Barca is willing to pay 120 million euros for phil.

As a Liverpool fan I want him to stay but for that money I don't know

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

Short-sighted IMO. If they miss out on CL next year it sets them back multiple years. The money is one thing, but I wouldn't be comfortable selling him with three weeks left in the window and still a CL playoff to win.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Short-sighted IMO. If they miss out on CL next year it sets them back multiple years. The money is one thing, but I wouldn't be comfortable selling him with three weeks left in the window and still a CL playoff to win.

I fully expect Klopp and FSG to say no, but that is a lot of money.

And I would only be willing to do it, if they have something lined up to replace him right away.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

If they can reinvest the money immediately before the end of the window, they should do it. I do not trust LFC though, to reinvest it properly.

I am still horrified by the comments yesterday about there not being 5 CBs better than Dejan Lovren. Keita is probably staying in Leipzig, and Southampton may not want to sell VVD to LFC, (despite the transfer request), out of spite. Where is that money going? That is easily over 200m in the budget (maybe closer to 250m) if they are getting 120m for Coutinho, and not getting Keita or Van Dijk. That is a major disconnect.

We know Klopp has wanted Draxler and Zielinski in the past. That replaces Coutinho about as well as you can and give him players that he likes. LFC can add those two and still have about 100m in the bank in this scenario. Maybe they can go back in for a guy like Brandt, (who they wanted over Salah). Without Coutinho, he certainly would not have to worry about playtime! Pulisic was also a former target, but if Barca get Dembele there is no way Pulisic leaves (not that he does anyway). These players exist.

I'm not going to speculate on anyone who has not been linked to the club, (Lemar, Anderson, etc) because there isn't time to scout new targets, and frankly I don't think that there were alternatives anyway.

Hold on to your butts.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
If they can reinvest the money immediately before the end of the window, they should do it. I do not trust LFC though, to reinvest it properly.

I am still horrified by the comments yesterday about there not being 5 CBs better than Dejan Lovren. Keita is probably staying in Leipzig, and Southampton may not want to sell VVD to LFC, (despite the transfer request), out of spite. Where is that money going? That is easily over 200m in the budget (maybe closer to 250m) if they are getting 120m for Coutinho, and not getting Keita or Van Dijk. That is a major disconnect.

Hold on to your butts.

The thing with Virgil is, hes stated that he only wants to be a liverpool player.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Arsenal leading the race in signing Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas Moura, according to Brazilian publication UOL Sport

- One of the players that could be heading elsewhere is Lucas Perez, with Rafa Benitez expressing an interest in bringing the striker to Newcastle says Newcastle Chronicle.

- French source Le10 Sport reported how Marseille intend to keep an eye on how often Giroud plays during the first few weeks of the new season. If the Frenchman continues to struggle for starts, they will make an approach to sign him.

- L'Equipe meanwhile reports that Barcelona are closing in on a deal for Borussia Dortmund's 20-year-old starlet Ousmane Dembele, who has also been linked with Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. The young forward is reportedly keen to join Barcelona, and the question is now of negotiating a fee, with Dortmund holding out for around £90. Less than the 157 million they want for him.

- One report saying that Barca have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Lemar. But it sounds like, with Arsenal, they want Dembele or Lemar, while Arsenal are more in the Lemar or Seri talks.

Yeah Nice's president had an oral agreement with Seri : if a big team proposed 40M, he'd be let go.
OTOH, in a major surprise move to me, Monaco just sold St Maximin to Nice. No idea of the fee just yet, but he's taking his medical today.
Even though Nice is one step closer to the CL group stage, they're still willing to let him go?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

I don't know about that...I'm not sure they finish top 4 even with him unless Spurs and Chelsea decline really badly. They'd probably have to sell him next year anyways and if they can squeeze out a bigger transfer out of it now than next year when a Dembele or someone becomes more of a possibility for Barcelona then that would be more helpful to them imo assuming they use the money well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know about that...I'm not sure they finish top 4 even with him unless Spurs and Chelsea decline really badly. They'd probably have to sell him next year anyways and if they can squeeze out a bigger transfer out of it now than next year when a Dembele or someone becomes more of a possibility for Barcelona then that would be more helpful to them imo assuming they use the money well.

Liverpool will not be in top 4 next season unless they sign Van Dijk or Keita, regardless of what happens with Coutinho.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The thing with Virgil is, hes stated that he only wants to be a liverpool player.

If he wants out that bad and Southampton gets a bid from Chelsea (for example) it's not a guarantee that Virgil snubs that if Soho wants to spite Liverpool.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I fully expect Klopp and FSG to say no, but that is a lot of money.

And I would only be willing to do it, if they have something lined up to replace him right away.

Hold on to your butts.

Right now they have him signed for what - four or five more years - with no release clause. Liverpool are in a position of power. Selling Coutinho and having to replace him in three weeks puts them in a position to be gouged. It's irrelevant given the club's stance, but I just would not have much confidence in their ability to reinforce in three weeks. It would be a significant risk.

Nobody is sure they will finish top four, but selling Coutinho right now doesn't help their chances of doing so. I fully expect them to sell him next summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Right now they have him signed for what - four or five more years - with no release clause. Liverpool are in a position of power. Selling Coutinho and having to replace him in three weeks puts them in a position to be gouged. It's irrelevant given the club's stance, but I just would not have much confidence in their ability to reinforce in three weeks. It would be a significant risk.

Nobody is sure they will finish top four, but selling Coutinho right now doesn't help their chances of doing so. I fully expect them to sell him next summer.

Liverpool is in a position now but that is a ton of money and losing Coutinho to them is inevitable. I don't think it's any better than 50/50 that he stays.

Liverpool historically does not keep players that have had their head turned completely against their will.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Liverpool is in a position now but that is a ton of money and losing Coutinho to them is inevitable. I don't think it's any better than 50/50 that he stays.

Liverpool historically does not keep players that have had their head turned completely against their will.

As I said, I fully expect him to leave next summer. I just think three weeks is a short time to execute a succession plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad