2017 NFL Off-Season News Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah I'd take Julio as the best WR, maybe AB

Both AB and OB are such prima donnas though that it's risky to give them gigantic money

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
A WR will never be the highest paid. It's always going to be a QB. Maybe, maybe, a DE or LT become the highest paid for a brief moment but then the next QB is just going to surpass them.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Here's a top 12 of total cash due in 2017. It's a good mix of a few different positions, but no WRs.

7bzQNpa.png

If you go by average or base instead of total cash, WRs fare worse.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Since when is Brown a pimadonna?

Do you not remember the video incident and the Steelers telling him to quit the TD dances?

Those aren't even really noteworthy offenses, but if you're going to be paid as the highest paid player in the NFL you can't be missing games due to suspensions for silly stupid things like breaking uniform rules or posting videos online.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Do you not remember the video incident and the Steelers telling him to quit the TD dances?

Those aren't even really noteworthy offenses, but if you're going to be paid as the highest paid player in the NFL you can't be missing games due to suspensions for silly stupid things like breaking uniform rules or posting videos online.

No?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Oh, right. That video. Nothing about that makes him a primadonna, just kinda dumb for posting it. The car thing is funny. And I'm pretty sure the dance is no longer a penalty under the updated celebration rules.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The video thing was incredibly dumb by Brown.

Don't care about the rest of his "negatives". He is an extremely hard worker and almost never misses games.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I wouldn't call Brown "low maintenance," but there's a difference between having little quirks and being a primadonna.

Hell, I don't even have problem if they are prima donnas so long as they put in the work and do their jobs; when they start going off script on the field, that becomes an issue.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The video thing was incredibly dumb by Brown.

Don't care about the rest of his "negatives". He is an extremely hard worker and almost never misses games.

Agreed - the dude had to work his ass off to go from a small school to a 6th round pick to arguably the NFL's best receiver. People make stupid decisions every day, his is just magnified.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Hell, I don't even have problem if they are prima donnas so long as they put in the work and do their jobs; when they start going off script on the field, that becomes an issue.

Yeah agreed

I think circling back though to the start of the discussion, I wouldn't pay a guy a huge amount of money if he's going to do stupid things to get suspended. You simply just can't pay a guy $20-$30M a year and then have him sit out 4 games. No championship teams allow that to happen. I don't care if he's Le'Veon Bell or OB - despite however talented they may be, you need them on the field at those higher salaries. If I was the Steelers or Giants I'd be completely leery of signing those guys to megadeals.

...this is a reason I love the Giants bringing in Brandon Marshall though. I think the timing is no coincidence at all. Get OB's attention directed 100% towards football, and he has the chance to be one of the best WR's of all time. If OB can cut out all the off-field stuff and not get emotionally wrecked by guys like Josh Norman, he'll earn every cent of what he's going to get paid. And with contract negotiations probably coming up soon, the timing of bringing in Brandon Marshall is perfect. Brilliant move by NYG.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
First day of Seahawk camp, and a warm WELCOME BACK to Mr. Earl Thomas!!

Tyler Lockett still not quite back yet after last season's nauseating double leg fracture. Pete says that he'll be back "soon, just not yet" Man when I first saw that I wasn't even sure if he would play again.

CJ Prosise also missed due to a stomach bug, proving that his GI tract is as fragile as the rest of him.

Edit- Hrmm, meant to put this in the TC thread. My bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad