Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Expect more reefer madness from Goodell

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell delivered a strong statement against marijuana use Friday, telling ESPN Radio that the league sees no medical benefits and adding that "it may not be healthy for the players long term."

Goodell's comments, made in an interview with ESPN's Mike & Mike, were consistent with his previous statements. But they came amid a federal lawsuit filed by more than 1,800 former players who say they suffered long-term health problems because of improper and deceptive prescription drug-distribution practices by NFL teams.

Advocates have suggested that marijuana could be a healthier way to manage pain than prescription painkillers. Goodell, however, reiterated the league is following advice from independent medical advisers who have not recommended marijuana use for medical uses.

Actually, I'm happy about this in a way, because i think it hurts Goodell's porspects of staying in power.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
You think those NFL owners give a damn about weed? PA needs to make it a CBA issue.

I'm sure there are a few crotchety old coots, but I think the rest are getting tired of not being able to play with their their toys for four games because they were at a Snoop concert.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure there are a few crotchety old coots, but I think the rest are getting tired of not being able to play with their their toys for four games because they were at a Snoop concert.

I could see Jeff Lurie being in front of that because there's a push for legalization here in Philadelphia. Roge might be re-thinking that option to keep the draft here next year, crowd might not be so rowdy if everyone's baked.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some guys get it together and some guys don't. Honey Badger cleaned himself up and even put added drug tests into his contract if I recall. Gregory was already suspended for an entire season after he was suspended for 14 games last year

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, I posted ITT that Barnidge was getting cut days ago. I'm not sure why anyone should care. He's not as good as the numbers he put up in 2015.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

wut

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Jags were smart to let this QB crop go by and draft a QB next year.

I really like what Jags did in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad