2017 NFL Off-Season News Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
My bad a prosecutor looked over the evidence of the claimed, injuries, incidents and how good the witnesses were and the texts and decided not to do anything or file charges over six weeks of looking over stuff.

They better have crazy evidence. Cause the giants kicker got 1 game for a whole lot of police reports. So this has to be a different incident that people don't know about, if it is Dv.

Chances are, it's 4 games for weed plus 2 games were conduct detrimental to the league. That I would not argue and the right thing was done

NFL doesn't operate by the same standards as the legal system and courts. If the prosecutors don't feel that they have enough evidence to secure a conviction, then they are not going to pursue a court case.

NFL operates more along the lines of civll cases, where the burden of proof isn't beyond a shadow of doubt, but more of it's more probable than not.

I'm sure that there are NFL players who hate this clause in the CBA, but I doubt that any more than 10% are willing to give up something or suffer a labour stoppage to remove this power from the NFL. Outside of maybe giving the power to someone elected by the NFLPA and NFL together. Majority of players don't get into trouble, so that's not something they want to lose money over. They'd rather fight to get more money given how short their careers are. Doubt they care too much if a couple of teammates get into legal trouble.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Most regular joes in the NFL don't appreciate the black eye these players put on their league.

And I'm definitely sure that if there's one or two less bad apples on the league, the regular joes don't mind the roster spots or starting jobs opening up for them to slide into.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And suddenly that picks moves up the list of the worst of all time.

Tampa should have known better anyways. Kid couldn't kick long in college, how do you expect him to in the bigs? Rode the hype of making a few big kicks and being an extra point machine.

Folk is still a pretty solid kicker (top to in FG% last year) so this is a great move by the Bucs.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Most regular joes in the NFL don't appreciate the black eye these players put on their league.

And I'm definitely sure that if there's one or two less bad apples on the league, the regular joes don't mind the roster spots or starting jobs opening up for them to slide into.

I actually think in situations like this Zeke one the NFL brings more of a black eye on themselves by digging into it for a year and suspending him. The charges were thrown out and nobody was talking about the case. Now it's a major story again, and kind of has been all summer because the NFL kept on it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kicking is very strange. Aguayo was a money kicker in college. Was impossible to think this would happen to him in the NFL.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He was probably on an even shorter leash considering he screwed the Bucs out of the playoffs basically on his own.

He cost them at least 2 games (Oakland, LA) and those 2 games would have put them in easily ahead of Detroit.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Why your team sucks!

For those who haven't heard, Deadspin is dropping a bomb on one team each weekday until the season begins.

I meant to link this up over a week ago for you guys, but we haven't had rain in over two months and my brain has dried up:
http://deadspin.com/tag/wyts for the index.

These are golden and the quotes from each team's fans are hilarious. Hours of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad