OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Like two teams in the history of the modern NFL (14+ game schedule) have been winless lol

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Nah, Jets are going 0-16.

No QB. No WRs. No TE. Whatever oline. Questions all over D outside of two positions. And a joke of a head coach.

Typically garbage rosters like this can squeak out a win or 2 due to schedule. But this roster with an awful head coach....good luck. Ironically the only 2 games they even have a shot at (ignoring future potential injuries) are against the Bills.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
You have to be historically bad to go 0-16 and the Jets are far from it. Heck the Bill may start Joe Webb week 1.

Jets will win 3-4 games. 2 at worst. But there is more talent on the Jets than people think.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You have to be historically bad to go 0-16 and the Jets are far from it. Heck the Bill may start Joe Webb week 1.

Jets will win 3-4 games. 2 at worst. But there is more talent on the Jets than people think.

nah, there really isn't. They have 2 young promising safeties and a decent DL but thats it. Their offense is going to be a mess.

I agree they will win a few games though.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hurricane Irma is apparently not a category 5 hurricane

Dolphins-Bucs game Sunday at 1pm is certainly not going to happen, at least not in Miami

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Heyo, didn't know where to put this.

I'll be fairly busy throughout the next couple of weeks. I'll have very little time when I'm not on the go. I'll still be able to watch football, but that time inbetween of catching up on general team news/discussion will be faded. Just wondering if there are any good podcasts surrounding the Giants. I'm sure there's a fair number, but just looking for another fans opinion on a 'good' one. I've been listening to the CBS fantasy ones for a fair bit

Cheers fellas.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
What a **** show the NFL is. Obviously the game between Tampa (my Bucs) and the Dolphins shouldn't be played in Miami. They're talking about having them play on their bye week, week 11, and leaving week 1 as their bye week. That amounts to 16 straight non playoff games. If either team makes the playoffs they're looking at playing football every single Sunday for 17+ weeks if they advance. Move it to a neutral site.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
What a **** show the NFL is. Obviously the game between Tampa (my Bucs) and the Dolphins shouldn't be played in Miami. They're talking about having them play on their bye week, week 11, and leaving week 1 as their bye week. That amounts to 16 straight non playoff games. If either team makes the playoffs they're looking at playing football every single Sunday for 17+ weeks if they advance. Move it to a neutral site.

yea its kind of ridiculous. the NFL is all about safety and then misses the easy way out on this (if they actually make them take a bye this week).

Just move the game to New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta, etc.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
yea its kind of ridiculous. the NFL is all about safety and then misses the easy way out on this (if they actually make them take a bye this week).

Just move the game to New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta, etc.

Apparently Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are possible neutral sites and they'll make a decision tomorrow.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
oh man, if the game is in Philly I would absolutely go. I live 30 minutes from the Linc.

I'm right there with you, an hour away but I'm a Bucs fan so if tickets are cheap (between checks lol) I'm interested in heading there. Knowing the NFL though they'll probably make them use their week 11 bye week and fine the Dolphins and Bucs a first rounder next year for inconveniencing the league.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With Luck still hurt I thought about picking up Cutler, but with the fate of this game so up in the air I might just stick with Wentz.

Flacco is the only other decent option or god forbid Bortles

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I don't have a problem with Zeke playing against the Giants because I'm not so sure about the suspension to begin with. That said, it is typical NFL ******** to drag their feet with a ruling (independent ruling....ya, okay) and then go "whoops, since it took so long Zeke has gotta play on opening sunday night." At home. During primetime. Against their biggest rival.

Lol.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

and of course, guess what they decided to do? :laugh:

Game postponed until week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad