OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's not exactly the league's fault if Ross doesn't want to give up a home gate and play on a neutral site this week, what else is the league supposed to do? It's not like the NHL where you have a bunch of different days to put a postponed game.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
its actually @ LA Chargers and then @Jets

its moreso that the travel is nuts. I realize they would have had to do that even without the hurricane, but still

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
^ Well, that changes things. I think the Chargers will be good this year pending their typical injuries. Actually think they have a chance to win the division if relatively healthy. I don't see much of a difference between Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers (not a popular opinion, I'm aware).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
^ Well, that changes things. I think the Chargers will be good this year pending their typical injuries. Actually think they have a chance to win the division if relatively healthy. I don't see much of a difference between Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers (not a popular opinion, I'm aware).

I don't disagree. Chargers have a very talented team if they can stay healthy for once.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The AFC West is the most fascinating division nobody talks about. The Raiders should be really good but after that you have everyone's darling in LAC, nobody's darling in KC but they've been a perennial playoff team, and Denver who still has most of their D and a solid running game as long as CJ stays on the field.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
The AFC West is the most fascinating division nobody talks about. The Raiders should be really good but after that you have everyone's darling in LAC, nobody's darling in KC but they've been a perennial playoff team, and Denver who still has most of their D and a solid running game as long as CJ stays on the field.
I haven't seen or heard anyone talking up the Chargers really. Vegas odds are against them as well, placing them 4th in the division. Heck, even fantasy football ADP/rankings for that team are low in my opinion.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well at least we don't have to hear the Patriots 19-0 bull**** after tonight. Clearly their offense will have better days, but man that defense...

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So after buying a ticket for $10 via SeatGeek I'll be at the Eastern Michigan-Rutgers game tomorrow. A MAC team vs a team that should probably be in the MAC so it will probably be competitive.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jets and Bills are easily two of the three worst teams in football along with the Browns.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
David Johnson out at least a couple weeks with a wrist injury apparently

Allen Robinson torn ACL

Stephen Tuitt likely torn biceps

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
David Johnson out at least a couple weeks with a wrist injury apparently

Allen Robinson torn ACL

Stephen Tuitt likely torn biceps

I joked with my fantasy football buddies that it doesn't matter who's drafted because injuries will turn everyone's roster over by week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad