OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
^ Depends. Are you down by a few points, hoping for a miracle, etc?

Could go either way, but I prefer Thielen. He should be playing more slot than Diggs as well. That's the rumor anyway.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
^ Depends. Are you down by a few points, hoping for a miracle, etc?

Could go either way, but I prefer Thielen. He should be playing more slot than Diggs as well. That's the rumor anyway.

Right now, I'm down 32 points with 3 players to go. I have Michael Thomas and CJ Anderson locked in with Diggs and Thielen being the toss up.

I've been leaning Thielen all day, but currently have Diggs in.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
0/.5/or PPR?

Tough call regardless, but I go Thielen if receptions are at least worth something.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007
Call me crazy, but the line for tonight makes no sense. Vikes only giving 3 or 3.5...I don't get it.

Saints missing starting LT I think, Cooks gone, Snead suspended, away from Super Dome, and their horrendous D is banged up.

This should be a 6.5+ spread in my eyes. Putting my money where my mouth is so watch Minny implode...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Call me crazy, but the line for tonight makes no sense. Vikes only giving 3 or 3.5...I don't get it.

Saints missing starting LT I think, Cooks gone, Snead suspended, away from Super Dome, and their horrendous D is banged up.

This should be a 6.5+ spread in my eyes. Putting my money where my mouth is so watch Minny implode...

Close game so far.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007

Close game so far.

...after 1 quarter :laugh:

We'll see what happens. Large bet straight up; smaller bet on Vikes adding 3 to line.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
So of course I go with Thielen and Diggs outscores him by 5. I lost by 4 :laugh: :cry:

Michael Thomas was really the problem though since Thielen played really well.

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
So of course I go with Thielen and Diggs outscores him by 5. I lost by 4 :laugh: :cry:

Michael Thomas was really the problem though since Thielen played really well.

I had Martavis Bryant and Alshon Jeffrey as my WRs this week....... good lord.

OBJ is my best and he was hurt.

Needless to say, I lost.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I had Martavis Bryant and Alshon Jeffrey as my WRs this week....... good lord.

OBJ is my best and he was hurt.

Needless to say, I lost.

Jeffery and Thomas were my top 2 WRs, they combined for less than either Thielen or Diggs on their own haha.

I have a tough time putting 2 WRs out there from the same team because you're never certain whether one will get heavy usage while the other goes for 0. That said, Diggs and Thielen look like a fun tandem to watch.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Pack's defense looked quite good on Sunday, stifled Russell Wilson big time and made him run scared outside of the pocket while Mr. Rodgers scraped off the rust in the first half. Mike Daniels ****ing killed it.

Hope this is a thing...

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I stopped doing fantasy football a couple years ago and feel no regrets. I get the water cooler / casual gambling motivation for most. But the logical side of me just couldn't accept the randomness of the results.

At least with baseball, there's a bigger sample size and you have to know the entire player pool.

------------------

Watched the Chargers game yesterday. Can't properly describe my mindset. Part of me sorta cared, but part of me sorta didn't. But on the bright side, I no longer feel the compulsion to watch football all day Sunday.

Growing up north of LA, the NFL bailed on me in 1995 which coincided with my rising interest level in hockey. So maybe this time around, I can put that effort into another new hobby.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I stopped doing fantasy football a couple years ago and feel no regrets. I get the water cooler / casual gambling motivation for most. But the logical side of me just couldn't accept the randomness of the results.

At least with baseball, there's a bigger sample size and you have to know the entire player pool.

------------------

Watched the Chargers game yesterday. Can't properly describe my mindset. Part of me sorta cared, but part of me sorta didn't. But on the bright side, I no longer feel the compulsion to watch football all day Sunday.

Growing up north of LA, the NFL bailed on me in 1995 which coincided with my rising interest level in hockey. So maybe this time around, I can put that effort into another new hobby.

Sounds like you'd make a Bills fan.

If you've ever been powerbombed through a table while ****faced at 10 am you should submit an application.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've only played fantasy for money once, and I actually won $50 for finishing second (-$20 entry fee so $30 cleared), but don't really like to go down that road. Generally I can only play fantasy if it's for kicks and there's nothing tangible on the line. This year I'm only in one football league and it's an online one where I sort of know most everyone. Of course I wound up losing this week despite a fair overall performance cause Brady spit the bit while my opponent had Kareem Hunt AND Tyreek Hill and buried me on Thursday.

I'm not as into football in general this year though cause of the state of the Jets, and the other longtime league I was in that I left got disbanded anyway. Maybe daily football is taking away some of the interest from traditional fantasy, and/or the market's just gotten diluted finally. One of my other friends had his longtime money league draft canceled cause they couldn't replace two owners.

Last edited:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I've only played fantasy for money once, and I actually won $50 for finishing second (-$20 entry fee so $30 cleared), but don't really like to go down that road. Generally I can only play fantasy if it's for kicks and there's nothing tangible on the line. This year I'm only in one football league and it's an online one where I sort of know most everyone. Of course I wound up losing this week despite a fair overall performance cause Brady spit the bit while my opponent had Kareem Hunt AND Tyreek Hill and buried me on Thursday.

I'm not as into football in general this year though cause of the state of the Jets, and the other longtime league I was in that I left got disbanded anyway. Maybe daily football is taking away some of the interest from traditional fantasy, and/or the market's just gotten diluted finally. One of my other friends had his longtime money league draft canceled cause they couldn't replace two owners.

I watched the Jet game with my dad, but I didn't blink when mistakes were made. I just don't really care. I laughed when Bowles punted down 2 scores with 4 minutes to go (yup, same ol' Jets).

I've been doing fantasy for about 10 years. Ten years ago, I knew who all the draftable college players were and played just for fun. A bunch of my friends started a league 6 years ago and it was a $20 buy in. Two years ago it went to $50. Rumor has it they want to bump it $100

Fast forward to now, I couldn't care less about college football. With the Jets being so bad, I really don't care about football. I think I'll be retiring from fantasy this year. I've been saying this for the last couple of years, but I don't have the time to sit and watch. Also, I'd rather spend $50 on other things. I forgot about my fantasy draft a few days ago and the computer picked my team for the first 4 rounds. I sat there and a it seemed like a third of the names were unfamiliar. I was asking myself "Who the HELL is D. Cook?" and why the hell did the computer draft him for me. Apparently, that was a good thing :dunno:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I somehow missed the hilarity of Brock Osweiler going back to the Broncos hat in hand as a third-stringer/backup :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad