OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Worst NFL playoffs I can remember. Even the comeback was somehow uneventful. Some dumb plays and a lucky catch and it's another boring pats SB. Every other game to this point was boring as well. I really didn't enjoy any game. The only one that was mildly entertaining was Dal/GB, and even that sucked since I'm a Cowboys fan.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The only good thing is Jet fans can stop whining about Dan Quinn now...though he would have REALLY been the perfect fit to coach them after tonight :sarcasm:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
might as well be reading a ****ing chinese food menu…

usatsi_8023567.jpg

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
If I were a Falcon fan I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week. :( As a Jet fan this freakin sucks so bad. How do they keep doing this!?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Worst NFL playoffs I can remember. Even the comeback was somehow uneventful. Some dumb plays and a lucky catch and it's another boring pats SB. Every other game to this point was boring as well. I really didn't enjoy any game. The only one that was mildly entertaining was Dal/GB, and even that sucked since I'm a Cowboys fan.

Agree entirely. Tonight's Suberbowl was awful until the last 10 minutes, and the playoffs were miserable other than GB/Dallas.

I have some legit Falcon fan friends on Facebook. Their shock and despair is something else.

One of my best friends from college is from ATL and a huge ATL fan of all their teams (and GA Tech) - the misery must be horrible.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Play calling for the Falcons was horrible down the stretch and it ended up screwing them over big time. There was no reason to pass when you're in field goal range with a few minutes left. All you had to do was run it, but nope, get sacked and take a holding penalty to give Brady the ball back. Unreal.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'd say I feel sorry for the Falcons, but I'm still bitter about the '98 NFC Championship game, so screw 'em.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

How you can say that was a boring Pats SB is just silly. That was the largest comeback in Super Bowl history. The game was written off by a ton of people at halftime. I'm not even a Pats fan but for christ sake that was NOT a boring game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How you can say that was a boring Pats SB is just silly. That was the largest comeback in Super Bowl history. The game was written off by a ton of people at halftime. I'm not even a Pats fan but for christ sake that was NOT a boring game.

It was a boring game for 3.5 quarters. Don't confuse an all-time insane finish with being a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad