Boston Bruins 2017-2018 Playoffs Roster

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Not a popular opinion but I can see them sit Donato for the first game.

If everyone’s healthy it’s either him or Acciari/Wingels. I’d be inclined to give him at least 1 game on a short leash but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was the one to sit

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
There are lots of opinions here that valid. I think the health of the roster is the most deciding factor. If guys are out, then the next guy plays. They have four days to decide.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If healthy:

63-37-88
74-46-61
43-20-42
59-52-55/17

33-73
47-86
48-54/44

The only two questions are whether or not Donato plays, and if so, who sits? And on the backend is it McQuaid or Holden?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
If healthy:

63-37-88
74-46-61
43-20-42
59-52-55/17

33-73
47-86
48-54/44

The only two questions are whether or not Donato plays, and if so, who sits? And on the backend is it McQuaid or Holden?

McQuaid’s lack of speed might present an issue agains Toronto however without Carlo it’s important to have another PK guy in there. I’m not sure which one is the better option

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
McQuaid’s lack of speed might present an issue agains Toronto however without Carlo it’s important to have another PK guy in there. I’m not sure which one is the better option

McQuaid is no Karlsson, but I also don’t think he’s as slow of foot as people make him out to be.

I have $20 that says he would beat Chara in a race.

Not sure what Cassidy will do in regards to the PK vs more speed in the lineup? Maybe 54 at home when he gets last change and 44 on the road?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Really hope Kuraly will be back,forth line hasn’t been the same without him,I believe they were on the ice for two goals against last night,I don’t really expect them to score much,but they can’t be giving up goals that’s for sure.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
This team's forward core, WHEN HEALTHY, is the deepest among the 16 playoff teams. Danton Heinen finished with 47 points this year and its possible that he starts on the 4th line with everyone healthy. If I would have told you at the beginning of the year that this team's 3rd line would have been Rick Nash, David Backes, and a 41 point Riley Nash, you would have laughed me out of town.

Hell, Riley Nash may end up being the guy relegated to the 4th line with Heinen on the 3rd, but the point still stands. This team should have NO excuses for not being able to score in these playoffs, compared to years past.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
People are saying bench Donato?

How high are you guys? I mean that nicely (and I'm pretty high right now myself)
If everyone is healthy not sure where he goes,not on the forth line,would consider Backes sitting,but one of few forwards Boston has that plays physical,I think teams should be able to dress an extra player in the playoffs.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
If everyone is healthy not sure where he goes,not on the forth line,would consider Backes sitting,but one of few forwards Boston has that plays physical,I think teams should be able to dress an extra player in the playoffs.

Why not 4th line for Donato? He would add the scoring skill to that line, he goes to the corners and in front of the net and like we saw last night on the Pasta goal, he is very useful on the PP.

I sit Acciari and keep Donato in.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Why not 4th line for Donato? He would add the scoring skill to that line, he goes to the corners and in front of the net and like we saw last night on the Pasta goal, he is very useful on the PP.

Love him on PP but he’s not that strong in the corners,Butch has some tough decisions to make if all healthy,that’s assuming a lot though.The latest is Rick Nash and Kuraly might be ready for Thursday and Ryley Nash will skate today.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

That is in a way counter productive

The 4th line focus is not to score goals by utilizing skills. Donato is not a 4th line calibre player or can play it (like Backes or Heinen)

Basically you would have a mismatch of players (Donato vs Kuraly/Schaller) and the line could be ineffective

Only way to keep Donato is to keep him on the third line and drop Heinen or Backes

But for now ,doesn't sound like Riley Nash is a sure thing to play Thurs. So there is a decent chance Donato starts , centering Heinen and Backes

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Love him on PP but he’s not that strong in the corners,Butch has some tough decisions to make if all healthy,that’s assuming a lot though.The latest is Rick Nash and Kuraly might be ready for Thursday and Ryley Nash will skate today.

His PP skill alone makes him stay in the lineup for me. He could also move up into a scoring line depending how the games go.

To me, he's in. But let's see first if all the injured guys are in for game 1 and see what Cassidy decides.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
His PP skill alone makes him stay in the lineup for me. He could also move up into a scoring line depending how the games go.

To me, he's in. But let's see first if all the injured guys are in for game 1 and see what Cassidy decides.
Yep that’s the big question,and definitely a difficult decision for Cassidy to make.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't like Holden on the off side with Grizz (or Krug for that matter).
I don't either but I feel like McQuaid may get eaten alive in this series. His skating ability would stand out in a negative way against a fast team like Toronto.

Reactions: Estlin

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Depends on what Toronto goes with for a fourth line. If they are rolling Martin out, I don’t see McQuaid as a liability.
We're rolling out Komarov-Plekanec-Kapanen for game 1, Leafs fans hoping Johnsson goes in for Komarov after G1 since it was the best 4th line in the league during its 9 game stretch with him. Johnsson adds a ton of skill/speed while being a good option on PP while Babs has continued to play our worst PP option Komarov in the slot on the Matthews PP unit

(So you guys should pray Komarov gets as many games as possible :laugh: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad