Boston Bruins 2017-2018 Playoffs Roster

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Wingels vs Donato is a very tough choice . As I said I would lean towards Donato but it is tough I believe .

Wingels does all the little things well . Donato has a lot of issues on the defensive side but I wouldn' t say he is terrible and can't be hidden.

The smoke and gun with Donato is he is right near the top of this team at scoring if he gets a chance in the slot or in close . Pasta ,marchy and him are the game breakers and I am not even sure in what order as far as scoring on chances goes . Hopefully we don't need his ability to score because I think it is a risk to lose that plus not have him on p.p 2 and have him in a suit especially considering Riley being out opens up a top 9 spot.

I even tend to personally prefer the more reliable player so ir surprises me when I go for the offense and the coach doesn't lol . The good news is I am often wrong and Cassidy is usually right .

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I can...

I have no problem whatsoever with Wingles going ahead of Donato and the idea of putting Donato in as our 3rd line center is just asking for trouble. Don't get me wrong, the kid is gonna be a fine player for us, but right now, he's a big liability on the defensive end.
He would play wing with Backes at C. I trust him there more than Acciari (for 3rd line role).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm coaching I go with Wingels

1. He's got 54 NHL playoff games and won't be taken aback by the likely insane pace

2. Boston without Reilly Nash will have two rookies on the bottom 6 in the key forward position- Wingels can provide extra support here and his skillset plays well

3. You can insert Donato if need be and much more adventageous to put in then take out.

Donato will be in the building and SHOULD be in warmups to get a feel of the energy plus if someone got hurt or sick last minute he can go

Also watching above he will see theee is time and space to make plays that he may not realize when he's on the ice

I think it's the way to start

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Nash
Donato Acciari Backes
Schaller Kuraly Heinen

Chara McAvoy
Krug Miller
Grz Mcquaid

Rask
Dobby

Need to win this game 2 as well!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What would be the drawback in breaking up the 1st line for the sake to balance the rest of the roster out? And especially get some guys going

Marchand Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Rick Nash

This would also confuse as to how Babcock would need to matchup the lines

We have seen small glimpse of Marchand Krejci Pasta (game winning goal vs Flyers) when Bergeron was out late in the season. They looked good, i mean who wouldn't look good playing alongside Marchand Pasta

On the flipside who wouldn't look good playing with "high hockey sense" Bergeron?

I know most would state "don't touch the 1st line" but team needs production from more than just 1 line if it plans to go far in these playoffs. And I don't mean production as in scoring when the 1st line is doing well....but when one line is being targeted, another is able to come through

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
What would be the drawback in breaking up the 1st line for the sake to balance the rest of the roster out? And especially get some guys going

Marchand Krejci Pasta

We have seen small glimpse of Marchand Krejci Pasta (game winning goal vs Flyers) when Bergeron was out late in the season. They looked good, i mean who wouldn't look good playing alongside Marchand Pasta

On the flipside who wouldn't look good playing with "high hockey sense" Bergeron?

I know most would state "don't touch the 1st line" but team needs production from more than just 1 line if it plans to go far in these playoffs. And I don't mean production as in scoring when the 1st line is doing well....but when one line is being targeted, another is able to come through

No need for this kind of panic move.

Just like the Bruins will never have Dobby start a game in this series, they will not break the best line in the NHL because of an unlucky loss.

You win or lose with your bests.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
No need for this kind of panic move.

Just like the Bruins will never have Dobby start a game in this series, they will not break the best line in the NHL because of an unlucky loss.

You win or lose with your bests.

but you do understand that the Bruins are a one line offensively reliable team at the moment

once it gets targeted/shutdown (though its not easy to do this ) the other lines (2nd and 3rd) look like they are walking on sand

Any team that has won anything in this league has had contribution from at least 2 lines on a dependable basis.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
but you do understand that the Bruins are a one line offensively reliable team at the moment

once it gets targeted/shutdown (though its not easy to do this ) the other lines (2nd and 3rd) look like they are walking on sand

Any team that has won anything in this league has had contribution from at least 2 lines on a dependable basis.

The Leafs can't shut down anything.

No need for your proposed panic move.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Marchand Krejci Pasta

Not something I would be doing after one loss,I mean if they lost the next couple of games and that line was quite,than yeah obviously any ideas are on the table.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->