Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis
Clifford-Thompson-Amadio
*Brodzinski, Vilardi

Out: Mitchell, Andreoff, Rieder

This is what we're currently working with up front.

The names are accurate, the order not so much, Vilardi is gonna play or he'll go back to Juniors.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I do have to respect Blake’s decision to stay the course on these prospects, even if it means taking a risk on a guy like Kovalchuk over more secure production years from a guy like Pacioretty or Skinner.

Hopefully it works out in the long run, and we’re not stuck with a bunch of 35+ former core players who are hamstringing Blake’s ability to put together a new team.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Iafallo-Lewis is a fantastic start on the wings. They don’t have size but they’re both tenacious, leave it all out there players.

Kempe is the big question mark.

Back in the day, the third line of King-Stoll-Lewis wasn’t so different. Stoll and Lewis were dogged puck pursuers. King just had to lean on guys until their legs gave out. They were a very good line.

I really would love to have a big body between Iafallo and Lewis today.
I agree. That's why I've been beating the drum for a 3rd line center. It would make the lineup overall so much stronger.

Vilardi is a big body, but it's too much to expect him to come in right away and hold down the 3C spot.

I always liked the Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds 3rd line. Heavy as hell. When they were rolling it was a beautiful thing.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
As if it wasn't already apparent we were out on him with today's signing, here's this:

Why does this even have to be addressed by the Mayor? Is our fanbase that ignorant to think the Kings were going to be in on Tavares in any way?

There is a salary cap, and it's not designed to have three players making 8 figures.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Why does this even have to be addressed by the Mayor? Is our fanbase that ignorant to think the Kings were going to be in on Tavares in any way?

There is a salary cap, and it's not designed to have three players making 8 figures.
I mean, have you read the board here lately. It’s not like the Mayor is preaching to the choir, many are clamoring for his signing.

It is so ridiculously hard to reply to posts. Everyone who’s been able to post, and reply to others, deserves some sort of medal under their avatar. The Great Crash of 2018.

member 88115

I would spread the offense a little, going
Iaffalo- Kopitar-Brown
Kovalchuk- Carter - Vilardi
Pearson - Kempe - Toffoli
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis
Brodzinski, Thompson

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Kovalchuk--Kopitar--Brown
Pearson--Carter--Vilardi
Iafallo--Kempe--Toffoli
Thompson--Amadio--Lewis
Clifford, Brodzinski

Forbort--Doughty
Phanuef--Martinez
Muzzin--LaDue
Brickley

Quick
Campbell

*If LA gets Voynov back (NHL okay & LA wants him)...trade both Martinez and Forbort.

Run...

Muzzin--Doughty
Brickley--Voynov
Phanuef--Ladue
Fantenberg

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iafallo-Kempe-Vilardi
Lewis-Thompson/Amadio-Brodzinski
Clifford
Thompson/Amadio/Brodzinski

Vilardi needs to learn the NHL game before he gets put into the 2nd line. 2/3 of our top 6 are older players. I hope they can stay healthy. 3rd line is a little inexperienced. I can see Lewis/thompson spending time there.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis
Clifford-Thompson-Amadio
*Brodzinski, Vilardi

If Vilardi is in the NHL he'll be on the roster.

If the Kings want to contend this year, I think they need to fix that 3rd line.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
If Vilardi is in the NHL he'll be on the roster.

If the Kings want to contend this year, I think they need to fix that 3rd line.

Iafallo-Lewis is a fantastic start on the wings. They don’t have size but they’re both tenacious, leave it all out there players.

Kempe is the big question mark.

Back in the day, the third line of King-Stoll-Lewis wasn’t so different. Stoll and Lewis were dogged puck pursuers. King just had to lean on guys until their legs gave out. They were a very good line.

I really would love to have a big body between Iafallo and Lewis today.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Kovy Kopi Brown
Pearson Carter Toffoli
Iaffalo Vilardi Kempe
Brodzinski Amadio Lewis
Clifford
Thompson

This is what I’d like to see in a perfect world.

Roll four lines.

Vilardi doesn’t seem like a winger and Kempe doesn’t seem like a center.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis
Clifford-Thompson-Amadio
*Brodzinski, Vilardi

Islcey

Jun 18, 2018
Kovalchuk - Kopitar - Brown
Iaffolo - Carter - Toffoli
Pearson - Kempe - Vilardi
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis

Thompson, Brodzinski

Powerplay

Carter - Kopitar - Brown - Kovalchuk - Doughty
Pearson - Vilardi - Toffoli - Martinez - Muzzin/Voynov

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Kings need another winger.
You can never have enough grade A talent however I’m not sure we do. If Pearson and Toffoli bounce back and can get 50 goals between them we have a very solid top 6. Pearson in particular played well, but seemed snake bitten, so I see no reason why they can’t especially if Carter stays fit.

I’m happy enough with the pieces we have to make up a decent bottom six and in Kempe and Iaffalo have guys that can play bigger minutes if needed.

The big difference maker for me would if Voynov comes back. I’m far from convinced that he will do, but if he does I think we become a legit contender. If we aren’t already.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This article should get you up to snuff.
Wow. First time I’ve seen this. If this is accurate then I want Voynov nowhere near this team however I do have some issues with the article.

It states most of these events as established facts. From what I understand much happened behind closed doors and Voynov and his wife have not confirmed any of this. It’s therefore based on hearsay and supposition. I’m not saying it is or isn’t true, I have no idea but the article doesn’t seem very objective.

Also if true, it’s very fortunate she was not more badly injured. I’d expect a man assaulted in such a way, as described, to be much more badly injured let alone a woman. Regardless, thankfully she wasn’t, but the article just doesn’t seem to be a proper piece of investigative journalism.

If it is close to being that violent, then trade his rights for a jock strap. However I’m prepared to wait for what I feel is a more reliable account before I pass judgement.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Wow. First time I’ve seen this. If this is accurate then I want Voynov nowhere near this team however I do have some issues with the article.

It states most of these events as established facts. From what I understand much happened behind closed doors and Voynov and his wife have not confirmed any of this. It’s therefore based on hearsay and supposition. I’m not saying it is or isn’t true, I have no idea but the article doesn’t seem very objective.

Also if true, it’s very fortunate she was not more badly injured. I’d expect a man assaulted in such a way, as described, to be much more badly injured let alone a woman. Regardless, thankfully she wasn’t, but the article just doesn’t seem to be a proper piece of investigative journalism.

If it is close to being that violent, then trade his rights for a jock strap. However I’m prepared to wait for what I feel is a more reliable account before I pass judgement.

The details in there are all based on the police report, 911 transcripts, and court filings, which are all pretty relevant in criminal prosecutions.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli

Why is everyone so hell-bent on this for our 2nd line? Yeah, I realize it was great like 3 years ago...but it was shit last year. Toffoli needs to be demoted. If Iafallo is being moved from the 1st line, I'd slot him in with Carter immediately.

Reactions: dman3474

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Why is everyone so hell-bent on this for our 2nd line? Yeah, I realize it was great like 3 years ago...but it was **** last year. Toffoli needs to be demoted. If Iafallo is being moved from the 1st line, I'd slot him in with Carter immediately.

Toffoli really only plays well with Carter, hence the down year with Carter missing 55 games. If you want to move Pearson down, that's fine, but who comes up? Vilardi? That's a lot of now unnecessary pressure on a kid.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Why is everyone so hell-bent on this for our 2nd line? Yeah, I realize it was great like 3 years ago...but it was **** last year. Toffoli needs to be demoted. If Iafallo is being moved from the 1st line, I'd slot him in with Carter immediately.
I wasn't focused on the line parings; more on open positions and what area's could use an upgrade.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kovalchuk 35
Thompson 33
Brown 33
Carter 33
Lewis 31
Kopitar 30
-----
Phaneuf 33
Martinez 30
-----
Quick 32
Budaj 35

We do have an old ass team though; our window to win is 2-3 years.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I would actually consider Iafallo-Carter-Toffoli on the 2nd line. While Al was learning the NHL game, he certainly did wonders helping Kopitar and Brown gel. Countless plays where he kept things going, often not even earning an assist on the score sheet but keeping the play alive. This has potential to give Carts and Toff a boost. Al's a pretty good passer for shooters that can get into open lanes.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kovalchuk 35
Thompson 33
Brown 33
Carter 33
Lewis 31
Kopitar 30
-----
Phaneuf 33
Martinez 30
-----
Quick 32
Budaj 35

We do have an old ass team though; our window to win is 2-3 years.
They’ll add a few young guys like Skinner or Panarin and dump Lewis, Thompson and Budaj. They’ll also trade Muzzin, Martinez and Carter to get at least 2- 1st rounders and some prospects to help create a stronger pipeline... hopefully something similar to what the Dodgers gave !

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010

I’m curious on why toffoli gets demoted? Had a down year and lots of people getting sour on him.

I would be more worried about Pearson... wildly inconsistent efforts, results not there. He really isn’t great at one thing...

Maybe it’s Time to look at revamping the second line wings. If they don’t bounce back it doesn’t matter who we add.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I would actually consider Iafallo-Carter-Toffoli on the 2nd line. While Al was learning the NHL game, he certainly did wonders helping Kopitar and Brown gel. Countless plays where he kept things going, often not even earning an assist on the score sheet but keeping the play alive. This has potential to give Carts and Toff a boost. Al's a pretty good passer for shooters that can get into open lanes.

Its a decent thought. It also gives Kempe and the third line a little more punch via a guy like Pearson.

Reactions: funky

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
They’ll add a few young guys like Skinner or Panarin and dump Lewis, Thompson and Budaj. They’ll also trade Muzzin, Martinez and Carter to get at least 2- 1st rounders and some prospects to help create a stronger pipeline... hopefully something similar to what the Dodgers gave !
This year? I don't see that happening, and you value our players too highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad