2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I can tell you a bit about Thomas as I saw him live twice this year and came away impressed.

Speed and skillful, had over 80 points this year. Not scared to take on and initiate contact. He will continue to get better. Will be a top 6 guy at the next level.

Defensive game will require some work.

Real solid pick overall here, imo.

Actually voted for him to be our 1st round selection in the mock draft poll that was posted awhile back.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Make you wonder if Blake knows Tavares will be staying in NYI or just can't handle the huge cap hit with out moving players to make any potential deal.

I think Tavares was always a pipe dream. Isles are already offering him a $10 mill AAV. If Tavares hits free agency, the offers will be astronomical. $12+ million a year.

I think Blake understands that he can’t afford Kopitar, Doughty, and Tavares at a combined $33 million.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Rumor is Panarin only wants to play in NY, Chi, or LA. Pretty sure it’d be impossible to add him now right???

No, not impossible, the problem is resigning him, you would think he's gonna be at 8-9M to resign....if that happens, you need to ditch Martinez or Muffin, Toffoli OR Pearson, OR Carter....Lewis, Clifford, Thompson, let kids take their spots.....plus the resources needed to acquire him.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Blake needs to get us another scoring winger. And we can do it cap wise if we move Martinez. If the Panarin rumor is true, I would be willing to trade Vilardi and next year's first for him if and only if we can talk to him before and see if he is going to sign here.

Reactions: deaderhead28

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Not impossible, just expensive and dangerous.

May be able to get him for a package like Toffoli, Muzzin, and JAD. Then sign Voynov for a cheap penance deal.

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Panarin
Pearson-Carter-Brown
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis
Clifford-Vilardi-Thompson

Forbort-Doughty
Phaneuf-Voynov
Martinez-Folin

Quick
Budaj

Yowza.

Not sure how the money looks there, though.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
We just have to hope that JT is not going to LV or SJ, and both of those teams are meeting with him. No realistic way the Kings could even entertain another UFA in his price range.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Kovalchuck-Kopitar-Panarin
Pearson-Tavares-Carter
Brown-Kempe-Toffoli
A T-Rex-Amadio-Jesus

Doughty-2003 Lidstrom
Muzzin-Cyborg Voynov
The Mongol Army-Martinez

2012 Quick
Quick
1998 Brodeur

Wow guys, I think we can make it work!

Reactions: King'sPawn

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Kovalchuck-Kopitar-Panarin
Pearson-Tavares-Carter
Brown-Kempe-Toffoli
A T-Rex-Amadio-Jesus

Doughty-2003 Lidstrom
Muzzin-Cyborg Voynov
The Mongol Army-Martinez

2012 Quick
Quick
1998 Brodeur

Wow guys, I think we can make it work!
Jesus needs some more time in the AHL. Not enough experience imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad