2016 NHL Draft - Part 3 - June 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Juolevi just seems very meh from what I've seen. You want your guy at #7 to have some dynamic quality to them

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He told me that he has heard that the Coyotes are nowhere near sold on, or in love with, the seventh overall pick. His words were something along the lines of "bet on them trading it over keeping it. 60/40 odds."

I asked him if he was talking about trading down for more pics, or trading for immediate help, and he told me he hasn't heard much about that. What he has heard, is that the Coyotes were offered a "fairly decent" NHL defenseman for number 7, but not "decent" enough to sway them into trading the pick. He speculates that the Dman offered was "too old."

Sounds like Mark Giordano to me.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Was watching NHL live and they had a feature on the bloodline prospects in the draft AKA The 2009-2014 Coyotes scouting system. Didn't know Cliff Ronning had a draft eligible son, Ty Ronning. Was a big fan of Cliff back in the day. Scouting reports don't seem to kind on Ty but I'd guess when your 5'9" that's going to happen :laugh:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Maybe Chara or Kulikov?

Not sure about Gio. Gio is Calgary's somewhat newly named captain and a fan favorite, and last year they saw him as a Norris finalist for whatever reason. From a management standpoint i think they would be scared at the reaction of trading him for a draft pick, but who knows.

Chara, maybe. I think the Bruins and their fans have grown tired of him.

Kulikov is still very young, i don't know if i would group him with the two. I still think Kulikov is a great defenseman. I wouldn't give up 7th for him though.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Another name could be Tyler Myers. Depends how the Coyotes define "older". If we're looking at a more sustainable approach, Myers is 5 years older than a guy like Trouba.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
None of the names mentioned would command 7th overall. Probably Gio, but Calgary knows to not even bother with that call.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Thanks Rabbit! Nice to have some inside info. I was wondering if maybe it could be Mark Stall. He is not near what he once was but possibly good enough to haul in a decent pick. I would rather keep the pick personally.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
And even though the Coyotes would like to grow their pool of prospects on defense, they have a handful of players such as Kyle Capobianco, Kyle Wood, Dysin Mayo and Dakota Mermis making strides.

“It’s an area where we can be better and that’s good because it’s an opportunity to improve, and that’s something we need to take a harder look at,†General Manager John Chayka said. “It doesn’t mean you have to do it all in one year. It doesn’t mean you have to do it with your first pick. But it does mean that at some point, we have to address it if we want to be the type of organization we want to be.â€

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-needs-defense-wont-rule-selections/86157006/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad