2016 NHL Draft - Part 3 - June 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmichael7753*

Jan 24, 2009
Perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke moved (in a package) during the draft to get that 1st/2nd RHD (although I hope not)

I would say there is a 1 percent chance of that happening. He and Domi will be cornerstones of the forward group for many years to come.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Thanks for all that info Rabbit.

I just feel like there is no one that has separated themselves at #7, and value just isn't there. Still thinking that we could wind up trading back, and still walking away with the best defenseman in the long run.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

rt

May 13, 2004
I think he mentioned that it was for an older player.

That was one of many things rabbit mentioned. Unrelated to the move down. These are two separate things. One offer to move down that's impressive. And another, separate offer for a D that's too old. Two offers. Different teams.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The term impressive does not coincide with trading picks for picks, IMO. You still get a good deal, but no guarantee that the player your team is interested in will be there. Feel like it would involve an asset of some type.

rt

May 13, 2004
I wonder if philly would float Sanheim to be able to move up and get a center they like. They'd still have Ghost & Provorov.

Sanheim > 7th overall in my opinion. I think most would agree. Yet, he's a LHD about to turn pro and we now have OEL as our franchise player and Goligoski on a five year deal. That complicates things a bit. I suppose...

16-17: Sanheim in AHL
17-18: Sanheim on bottom pair
18-19: Sanheim and Goligoski compete
19-20: Sanheim officially steals 2nd pair
20-21: Goligoski isn't THAT overpaid for 3rd pair

That's the length of Goligoski's contract. I think we could all live with that reality. I think we'd have to add to 7th for Sanheim though. And I think if we're adding to 7th, there might be a better fit that helps sooner. Like maybe Trouba. Or Stepan.

rt

May 13, 2004
We all have a faults.:nod: I may not be perfect, just damn close.

Jake. I'm the one with the problem, here. I'm the one who cares about something so stupid. I lose my mind when people say "in regards to" instead of "regarding". That's my problem, not theirs. You're fine. When auto-correct changes my "you're" to "your" and I send or submit without noticing, my face just boils. Veins bulge. It's stupid. My problem. A tick.

rt

May 13, 2004
The term impressive does not coincide with trading picks for picks, IMO. You still get a good deal, but no guarantee that the player your team is interested in will be there. Feel like it would involve an asset of some type.

Moving up 32 spots for moving down 6 spots would be impressive in my view. Especially if we can get 46 for eating Datsyuk. And then move 37 and 46 for another late first. 13+20+21+25(ish) would be very impressive I think. Especially if you want D more than F.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jake. I'm the one with the problem, here. I'm the one who cares about something so stupid. I lose my mind when people say "in regards to" instead of "regarding". That's my problem, not theirs. You're fine. When auto-correct changes my "you're" to "your" and I send or submit without noticing, my face just boils. Veins bulge. It's stupid. My problem. A tick.

:laugh: I always screw up your, you are, you're, same as with to and too. If that is the biggest fault we have, we are not, or is it aren't, doing to, or is it too bad?

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Looking at the Flyers roster, I wouldn't mind acquiring the rights to Alt. Of course I'm not sure what they'd want for him but we could include Dahlbeck (although they don't really need more defensemen)

6'4, 201, RHD. He would most likely be in the A next season, but could possibly replace Z after next season. Projecting ahead...

OEL - Murphy
Goligoski - Stone
Connauton - Alt

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Moving up 32 spots for moving down 6 spots would be impressive in my view. Especially if we can get 46 for eating Datsyuk. And then move 37 and 46 for another late first. 13+20+21+25(ish) would be very impressive I think. Especially if you want D more than F.

Just the wheeling and dealing to get 4 (4!!!!!) first round picks would be impressive enough in the first place, haha. if 2/4 of those hit it would be the rich getting richer when you look at our prospect pool that is already really good. We'd have a consistently good team for years. let's just keep the Coyotes in arizona for a couple more years and the arena will be constantly packed

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
This draft is so interesting.

Laine might not go 2nd, CBJ might not want Pul.

Does WPG take Tkachuk 2nd and CBJ Dubois? Do we have the opportunity to trade up to 4 or 5? That's probably the only situation I feel good about trading up.

Like Chayka I feel the bottom end of the draft is very strong as well, so I'd also love to stockpile more 2nds, we could get some great players out of that, even in the 4th round I could see top 6 talent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino