2016 NHL Draft - Part 3 - June 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm partial to Redline. I buy them all. Except black book.
Interesting, why buy them all except for Black Book? It would seem it's actually one of the most popular. I've done THN, Black Book and McKeen's, I like THN for the professional feel but it's severely limited. McKeen's was ok and black book was pretty good but I hated the way it's organized, feels like a wall of text. I can never get myself to buy FC because it just seems like HF poster opinions. ISS seems like it'd be the best but it's pretty expensive.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'll be doing the usual threads and roundup of info on the Coyotes picks

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Interesting, why buy them all except for Black Book? It would seem it's actually one of the most popular. I've done THN, Black Book and McKeen's, I like THN for the professional feel but it's severely limited. McKeen's was ok and black book was pretty good but I hated the way it's organized, feels like a wall of text. I can never get myself to buy FC because it just seems like HF poster opinions. ISS seems like it'd be the best but it's pretty expensive.

I thought black book was full of non pertinent information when I bought it years ago.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
So I was looking at the Dumba rumor page and it showed Hanzal or Dvorak being possible pieces and thought of a trade I'd like your thoughts on.

To Arizona
Dumba
15th

To Minnesota
Dvorak
20th
37th

I know for more of us Dvorak is our pride and joy, myself included, but there has been a lot of hype around the potential of drafting 6'6'' 200lb center, Logan Brown at 7. Then move on to draft Jake Bean, McAvoy or Fabbro at 15.

Is this trade tilted too much one way or what?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Curious to hear your thoughts. What was your appraisal?

I don't think he works well with linemates. He reminds me of a less talented Evander Kane. Speed, strength and hustle is all top notch. Offensive ceativity seems lacking.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I don't think he works well with linemates. He reminds me of a less talented Evander Kane. Speed, strength and hustle is all top notch. Offensive ceativity seems lacking.

I definitely wouldn't list creativity as a strength, but I see a lot of value in that sort of player. What you call not working well with his linemates, I call being able to succeed without help. That's what I like about him. He can produce on his own. Most of the goals I saw him score came two ways. He either took the puck and drove to the net himself, or he put home a rebound or loose puck from within a few feet of the crease. I don't know that he'd be all that helpful on a line with a playmaker like Domi or Strome, but I see him contributing either a) on a line with a couple of grinders or b) as the third wheel with a duo that has a chemistry between them. I like him for his versatility.

For the record, I also love Evander Kane and think he's been misused and mistreated for the majority of his pro career. I think of Jones as a player similar to Doan, someone who will produce about as much regardless of his linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad