NFL: 2016 NFL Offseason News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I can't think of anything I give less of a **** about than power rankings, but it's really weird how much of an obsession people have with ******** on Cam for no particular reason. I mean, this is such a regular occurrence that I can't keep track of all these stories anymore. Without exaggeration, he might be one of the most charitable people in the NFL.

But he was sad once and dances so that pretty much makes him the worst.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I can't think of anything I give less of a **** about than power rankings, but it's really weird how much of an obsession people have with ******** on Cam for no particular reason. I mean, this is such a regular occurrence that I can't keep track of all these stories anymore. Without exaggeration, he might be one of the most charitable people in the NFL.

The kids sacked him 7 times and forced two fumbles.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Anyone have a link to ESPN's post draft Power Rankings? I can't seem to find the one you guys are talking about. And, while I agree 100% with WTF, but I also am just kinda curious to see where they have the Jags and what they have to say about them.

Comes with being a Super Fan I guess :laugh:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Anyone have a link to ESPN's post draft Power Rankings? I can't seem to find the one you guys are talking about. And, while I agree 100% with WTF, but I also am just kinda curious to see where they have the Jags and what they have to say about them.

Comes with being a Super Fan I guess :laugh:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...arolina-panthers-top-green-bay-packers-behind

23. Jacksonville Jaguars

2015 record: 5-11
Post-free agency ranking: No. 29

The defense adds Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, Dante Fowler Jr., Tashaun Gipson and Prince Amukamara. The offense was top 10 in passing yards last year. They haven't won more than five games in a season this decade (yes, seriously), but there appears to be reason to hope.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Sounds like skins and cousins getting closer to long term deal but not exactly sure if credible and what exactly it's actually meaning

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Vikes & Pats are easily better, going to be very hard for them to finish any higher than 3rd.

Sure the Pats are better ,, But that doesn't mean anything to Bears ;)

As for Vikes/Packers

Packers and Vikes will both be good but are also a few injuries away from being in basement potentially

Lions should be worse

Bears have talent to finish 8-8/10-6

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vikings will prove them wrong for having them so low.

People are so proud of professional athlete Eddie Lacy for finally deciding to get in shape. Good for you, man. Well done.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
9th isn't really low. All the teams ahead of the Vikings have legitimate cases of being as such outside of maybe Seattle.

Green Bay getting Jordy and a possibly not fat Lacy back will give that offense a much needed charge. That alone puts Green Bay right back amongst the best of the NFL. That being said, i still like Minnesota going into this season. They've never really regressed under Zimmer and there's always the potential that Bridgewater takes the next step.

I expect the Vikings and Packers to battle for the division, with the two games they play head to head likely being the deciding factor.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
As for Vikes/Packers

Packers and Vikes will both be good but are also a few injuries away from being in basement potentially

Lions should be worse

Bears have talent to finish 8-8/10-6

Did just fine without our #1 receiver and a patchwork OL.

When you walk out of a press conference base don what another player said.....

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
9th isn't really low. All the teams ahead of the Vikings have legitimate cases of being as such outside of maybe Seattle.

Green Bay getting Jordy and a possibly not fat Lacy back will give that offense a much needed charge. That alone puts Green Bay right back amongst the best of the NFL. That being said, i still like Minnesota going into this season. They've never really regressed under Zimmer and there's always the potential that Bridgewater takes the next step.

I expect the Vikings and Packers to battle for the division, with the two games they play head to head likely being the deciding factor.

I was just kidding about that. 9th is about right for them.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Did just fine without our #1 receiver and a patchwork OL.

When you walk out of a press conference base don what another player said.....

Despite what people may think, Cam doesn't really like the media and staged press conferences and the like. It had as much to do with that and not wanting to deal with them in that moment as anything else. I get it, it's their job and it's not a good look for him. But here we are, 6 months later, still talking about it like he beat someone unconscious. Every time someone speaks after a tough loss, they're compared to Cam in a holier-than-thou way. Sports reporting is no longer about good journalism, it's about who can stir the pot the most. With respect to that, I don't blame Cam, or Marshawn, or Dan Boyle, or Taurean Prince, or Draymond Green, etc. for what they did.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Despite what people may think, Cam doesn't really like the media and staged press conferences and the like. It had as much to do with that and not wanting to deal with them in that moment as anything else. I get it, it's their job and it's not a good look for him. But here we are, 6 months later, still talking about it like he beat someone unconscious. Every time someone speaks after a tough loss, they're compared to Cam in a holier-than-thou way. Sports reporting is no longer about good journalism, it's about who can stir the pot the most. With respect to that, I don't blame Cam, or Marshawn, or Dan Boyle, or Taurean Prince, or Draymond Green, etc. for what they did.

it's always been the case where you wonder if the Sports Media has a higher opinion of someone like Jerry Sandusky than players who refuse to talk to them.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Ricardo Lockette set to retire in the morning due to that brutal hit in Dallas last season. I honestly wasn't sure if he was going to get up or move at all. Bummer about retirement, but that could have been much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad