NFL: 2016 NFL Offseason News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
How? He could quit the NFL for any reasons under the sun. He's not an indentured servant.

Short-sighted, maybe (though obviously he's a billionaire now). Not childish.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

Seems a little childish no?

Childish?

It takes guts and extreme willpower to stick to what your principles, no matter the circumstances.

That archetype is mocked, and rightfully so, for being unrealistic and dangerous (as it was when Richardson was a hardliner during the 2012 negotiations): but "childish"? That's the opposite of a child, a child changes his or her opinion with the rise of the sun, with whatever is convenient to him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
i didn't even realize he was in the NFL before being an owner

Seeing as how he made enough money to own an NFL franchise I would say he made the correct decision and regrets nothing

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
i didn't even realize he was in the NFL before being an owner

Seeing as how he made enough money to own an NFL franchise I would say he made the correct decision and regrets nothing

Only player to become an owner, sued his championship bonus $$$ to purchase a ton of franchises.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'd say he's kind of a turd because he's the jerkbutt who invented the PSL, but that's just me.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Debatable, if you even credit the third to him

According to one account, the first personal seat license plan was developed in 1986 at Stanford University by legendary tennis coach Dick Gould.[2][3] Seeking financing for a new tennis stadium, Gould came up with the idea of selling the rights to seats, a licensing plan under which purchaser's name is engraved in the seat, and the purchaser owns the right to have first choice for tickets for any event held in the stadium.[3]

According to a second account, the permanent seat license was invented by a Columbus, Ohio architect, Rick Ohanian, in January 1987. Ohanian described his plan in a Letter to The Editor of the Columbus Dispatch, published on March 2, 1987, entitled "Ticketbond is Answer to Financing Proposed Facility".[4]

According to a third account, the permanent seat license was invented by Charlotte sports marketing agent Max Muhleman, in 1993. Muhleman is credited as the founder of the first PSLs at Charlotte's then Carolinas Stadium.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ware returning for the final year of his contract. There were some minor whispers that there was a possibility he may retire but after the way he finished, there's no surprise here.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Super Bowl takes a ratings hit, but still pulls in second biggest Canadian audience ever

According to Numeris overnight ratings, an average of 7.3 million viewers watched on CTV and another 1 million tuned into RDS to watch the Denver Broncos defeat the Carolina Panthers for a total audience of 8.3 million. That was down from the record 9.23 million who watched New England defeat Seattle last year.

Despite the drop, this year's audience was the second-largest in history as a total of 18.2 million individual viewers -- or 52 per cent of the population -- watched at least some part of the game.

CBS recorded an average of 111.9 million viewers, down 2.3 per cent from last year but still the third most-watched television show in history. The top three were all Super Bowl broadcasts.

A total of 167 million Americans watched at least part of the game. It had a 73 share, meaning 73 per cent of all households watched at least some of the game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Allen has spoken multiple times about how much he loves it here and has said the same thing as Tillman in the past, but he knows he's got a much higher cap hit so it's probably not up to him. Rivera made sure to praise his presence in his press conference just now. I expect they'll try to find a way to keep him.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
To think that 73 percent of people watched this thing, yet the ratings were down. That's crazy.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sounds like us Canadians will get to see the famed Super Bowl commercials live next year.

The CRTC has ruled that they are an essential part of the broadcast, that we are being deprived of them so Bell can make more $$$, and Bell is using an American networks feed so we should be entitled to the same viewing experience the viewers in the USA get.

Bell has the rights till 2019 (at which point Sportsnet is likely going to by them, gut feeling) and is obviously challenging the ruling but I suspect the courts will side with the CRTC.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Bene will replace Tillman, if they keep Tillman, it will be a cheap contract.

Norman will be the expensive one, but he went to Coastal, so maybe a hometown discount.

Let's win #51 for #51. Keep Pounding

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Michael Bennett took a discount and was crying about it the next year. Discounts are rare.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Is Joe Thomas finally going to dealt out of Cleveland?
This guy is on his way to Canton albeit on a bad Browns team..he's been their most consistent player ever since they drafted the dude.

Any team looking to trade for consider dealing for him?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Is Joe Thomas finally going to dealt out of Cleveland?
This guy is on his way to Canton albeit on a bad Browns team..he's been their most consistent player ever since they drafted the dude.

Any team looking to trade for consider dealing for him?

Denver already tried once and Elway said he'd revisit it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->